What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why Do Males Even Exist ?

Sisu

Veteran
I know, I know, the females say size don't matter, but I wonder if them scientist guys measured those flour beetles dicks and I'll just bet the one's who got lucky were the ones packing. They said disease resistance and natural competion, natural benfits etc., but us guys all know what's REALLY goin' on. WE all know what's what. :woohoo:

The dorks on some insects are just crazy. All kinds of spikes and hooks and inflatable sections. Some of these structures (apparently) function in sperm competition, and can actually remove rivals' sperm from females that have already copulated. But only sickos would look at bug dorks.

CoCoSativas

Males: who needs them? It’s a valid question—the existence of the male sex is a real scientific inquiry.

On a survival-of-the-species level, males are basically only needed to provide sperm. In light of that, sex seems like a pretty inefficient way of reproducing in comparison to asexual reproduction. Half the offspring produced are also incapable of directly bearing future generations, and parents have to dilute their genes for the pleasure. Not to mention the hassle of finding a suitable mate in the first place.

So why has evolution allowed two-parent reproduction to persist when it seems so inefficient? Why is sex still a thing? Why don’t we just have females who can reproduce by themselves?

In a paper in Nature, biologists suggest a solution to the mystery: the existence of males and of sex allows for sexual selection, which helps keep a species healthy so it doesn’t go extinct. They tested this hypothesis in populations of beetles.

Sexual selection helps to purge out ‘bad genes’ from a population.

View Image

Sexual selection is a type of natural selection whereby members of a species (usually male) compete to reproduce with others (female)—think peacocks showing off. The imbalance there is borne broadly from the fact that females usually need to invest more effort into reproducing and are more limited in terms of how often they can try—though the details naturally differ among species.

Read More: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/why-males-exist

I dont have time tonight to read more than the op, but you really answered your own question. Sexual selection.

God (or nature if thats your view) made us this way so we can get better on our own. Thats my view anyway.

Ill read more tomorrow.

Btw boyd, lol i get a kick out of your name. Justified fan? I liked that show too

CoCoSativas

I have yet to meet a female plumber and I have a feeling I prob wouldn't want to.....yeehaw

Ur not missing out. Lol ive met ladies in all the trades. Some look good, most look not good, and some are real fucking nasty, lots of those... Especially on road crews... Why dont they get hot bitches to hold the signs, maybe put on a show? Lol just kidding to that one...

But hey i own a construction company so no surprise there.

Lol scrolled up amd saw this post, had to respond before bed.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Take_out_the_Trash_by_fatlittlenick.png

vostok

Veteran
a human can herm??edit. Naturally.

article-0-11EFCCC4000005DC-380_306x459.jpg

A woman with both male and female sex organs lived as a man for over 40 years because her parents didn't tell her she was born a hermaphrodite for two decades.

Caroline Kinsey has lived almost all her life as a man as her parents hid her intersex medical condition from her until she was 19.

She underwent surgery as an infant and was brought up as Carl John Baker.

But after years of mockery at school and assuming that 'everybody's body looked like hers', her parents finally revealed the truth about her condition when she was 19.

After a short, failed marriage to a woman and a period suffering depression, Caroline decided to dress as a woman two years ago and now wants to take on a permanent 'female persona'.

She revealed her condition was kept from her 'for as long as possible' by her parents on medical advice and because her mother and father 'didn't know any better'.

She said: 'From being young I have always known I was different. I could never quite put my finger on why.

'A doctor told my mother they should deny me my first birthright, the chance to be a woman, in favour of my second birthright, being a man,

'The doctor said it would be easier to hide my female genitalia than the male one, so knowing no different that is what they did.

'They were also advised to keep my secret from me and the rest of the world for as long as possible.'

Caroline was born in Bull Hill Hospital, Darwen, Lancashire, in 1968 to Monica and Rudolph Baker.

But, after her delivery, their good news was shattered when a nurse said their new baby daughter also had male genitalia.

Caroline was brought up as Carl John Baker in the family home, in Darwen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...rs-parents-didnt-tell-shes-hermaphrodite.html

vostok

Veteran
article-0-11EFD1BB000005DC-657_306x423.jpg

Now Now ...you know where the term go F***K yourself came up eh Boyd (no insult intended ) ...lol

but it can be difficult discussing male and female gender without slipping into human context...?

vostok

Veteran
article-0-11EFD1BB000005DC-657_306x423.jpg

Now Now ...you know where the term go F***K yourself came up eh Boyd (no insult intended ) ...lol

but it can be difficult discussing male and female gender without slipping into human context...?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Why do males exist?
Because things need to be taken from the top shelf, and jars need opening, the bins need taking out, the leaves need raking and the shitter needs unblocking, etc etc.

al70

Veteran
View Image
A woman with both male and female sex organs lived as a man for over 40 years because her parents didn't tell her she was born a hermaphrodite for two decades.

Caroline Kinsey has lived almost all her life as a man as her parents hid her intersex medical condition from her until she was 19.

She underwent surgery as an infant and was brought up as Carl John Baker.

But after years of mockery at school and assuming that 'everybody's body looked like hers', her parents finally revealed the truth about her condition when she was 19.

After a short, failed marriage to a woman and a period suffering depression, Caroline decided to dress as a woman two years ago and now wants to take on a permanent 'female persona'.

She revealed her condition was kept from her 'for as long as possible' by her parents on medical advice and because her mother and father 'didn't know any better'.

She said: 'From being young I have always known I was different. I could never quite put my finger on why.

'A doctor told my mother they should deny me my first birthright, the chance to be a woman, in favour of my second birthright, being a man,

'The doctor said it would be easier to hide my female genitalia than the male one, so knowing no different that is what they did.

'They were also advised to keep my secret from me and the rest of the world for as long as possible.'

Caroline was born in Bull Hill Hospital, Darwen, Lancashire, in 1968 to Monica and Rudolph Baker.

But, after her delivery, their good news was shattered when a nurse said their new baby daughter also had male genitalia.

Caroline was brought up as Carl John Baker in the family home, in Darwen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...rs-parents-didnt-tell-shes-hermaphrodite.html
she/he was born that way, didn't suddenly herm half ways through life.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

have you even considered how badly football (American OR European) would suck w/only women playing???

I don't think evolution favors intelligence in male selection by women. lol Way too women these days attracted to guys pretending to be gangster.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"why do males exist" ? well, fuck! it has to be SOMEONES fault, & aint a woman on earth ever admitted to being to blame for anything...SOMEONE has GOT to be wrong...and fellows? that someone is US...:biggrin: