What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why Do Males Even Exist ?

R

Robrites

Wow. This thread was dead for nine months.
Guess we will have to start calling him
Dr. Crowder
For bringing it back to life.

Also, there is some dude
In St. Phatty's bathroom.

PDX Dopesmoker

Someone on this board, I forget who, thinks that gender dimorphism in cannabis plants isn't an evolved phenomenon, but that it was bred into the species by generations of farmers during the millennia of early human civilization and agriculture. I doesn't seem all that unrealistic a theory to me.

seeded

I believe that pollen production is for genetic diversity and that calyxes bring a seed to maturity only in plants that are suited to the local conditions so that the plants basically mix up a working formula to try and come up with something new.

angelgoob

To each specialize at something. Namely one cares for and nurses children, and the males hunts and fights shit.

Sorry if I come off as sexist. lol

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
So females can remember all the bad stuff we did, and bring it back up, regardless to relevance to current situation.

paper thorn

Veteran
because without us there would have been no one able to run down a wild horse or mastodon and heft a spear hard enough to bring it down.

soil margin

Veteran
From a survival perspective if you have two tribes of competing humans living in an environment, and one of the tribes is 100% female and the other tribe is mixed 50/50% with men and women, the mixed tribe always wins from the perspective of natural selection and evolution. Testosterone is an advantageous adaptation when living in a competitive environment. Whether it comes to hunting or war, people with testosterone will always beat people with no testosterone at those activities over the long term. Nature is inherently biased towards masculinity because it's a very effective strategy when it comes to keeping people alive.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Nature is inherently biased towards masculinity because it's a very effective strategy when it comes to keeping people alive.

testosterone is pretty good at getting men killed too, though. what % of people killed doing stupid shit/dangerous stuff are men? ever see a woman go through city traffic at over 100mph on her sport bike? how many women have you seen go toe to toe in a bar trying to impress a man there? more women then men are around because we got this bad habit of dying earlier...:biggrin:

troutman

Seed Whore
From a survival perspective if you have two tribes of competing humans living in an environment, and one of the tribes is 100% female and the other tribe is mixed 50/50% with men and women, the mixed tribe always wins from the perspective of natural selection and evolution. Testosterone is an advantageous adaptation when living in a competitive environment. Whether it comes to hunting or war, people with testosterone will always beat people with no testosterone at those activities over the long term. Nature is inherently biased towards masculinity because it's a very effective strategy when it comes to keeping people alive.

The mix population will always win out.

For example:

You can have a 30,000 people mixture of men and women at a football game everything will run smoothly.

30,000 women with no men at the same football game = soccer riot every time. :laughing: