What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why Autos?

CannaZen

No.

(prove me wrong)
I don't see why not some autos can start flowering later than a month old (semi autos, still initiating flower based on age) there is no reason why they can't reach 30% thc indoors if bred to, I believe it's affiliated with allele frequency. Take a non auto 30%+ thc strain, who knows how much the percentile would be in its f1 progeny crossed with a 20%+ thc strain ( average auto). Consecutively selecting successive phenotypes equals more resin. The auto trait is only automatic flowering, only plant maturity affects resin output of flowering - some phenotypes are more successive than others to environment and lifecycle.

Last edited:

bibi40

No 30% actually...
but 30% photos are pretty rare too ...

average of the actual auto' s are between 18 and 25 ( or more ) thc , which is really good quality nowadays ,

Yeah, but it's not only about resin, there's ruderalis crossed in that's low potency genetics.
and no mitsu bro , there' s not so much ruderalis left in actual auto's ( less than 1% in the late release ) that' s just a " trait " for select and include the auto gene , like you want spicy or fruity or anything

i saw a lot of friend who grew photo's for years and was just impressed by the results i got ( better than them by far ... from auto' s )

just be open , nothing bad with auto's , only another thing , and nature did it before humans ....

Cheers !

:joint:

pjlive

They're getting close. I have a Gorilla Cookies Auto that's around 26-27%. I have this crazy dwarf strain called Stupersonic from somewhere in the Netherlands that's crazy potent for an auto, but I have no idea what its actual THC content ranges are. Potency doesn't always come down to the THC level, and higher THC levels don't necesarily translate into better medication if that's what you're using the plant for.

You're not going to find a strain that used a domestic Ruderalis, or even a Lowryder or a Lowryder 2, that produces wicked high THC ranges out of the gate. However, as new crosses come out, we're seeing more potency, overall size, and greater bud mass. This is due to breeding out as many unfavorable traits in the genes of the Ruderalis plant while keeping its timeline in tact. You can find autoflowers these days that don't start to flower until they are in their 5th week, grow large for autos (greater than 120 cm) and, if grown out properly, will knock you on your ass for a few hours.

Latest posts

Latest posts