What's new

Whos your 3 favorite breeders?

okwildfire

for me??? hmmm??? i would sy spice of life....the oldschool sam the skunkman....and...i dunno if this count's...but...Myself!

four seasons

Veteran
HEY LETS NOT FORGET WHO STARTED IT ALL....

The Idiginous peoples and native tribes who reside in the highland SWEETSPOTS throughout the southern and northern Hemisphere who FIRST developed the early LANDRACE strains that all potent strains are based.

The building blocks of todays great genetics were first discovered by these poor peoples many generations ago.
Selection for Potency and bouquet started way before the modern day breeders of our time like Sam ,ShantI, ect....

Its no coincidence that these native peoples cultivated their crops in the highlands where UV levels also played a role in increased potency.

Any good plant will revert back to its ancestrial hemp if left alone in the wild because natural selection will take over and hempy recesive traits are stronger than the high potency traits.
This is were the work of man steps in and lends mother nature a little hand.

During the late sixties and seventies many expatriots hippies and cultivation freaks moved to these sweet spots to work with many native farmers. In many cases this became a boon for the genetic gene pool by mixing differnt sativa genes but this also had a terrible backlash due to poor selection of the Indica genes brought to these areas by a few.

Now we have lots of poor hybrids coming from these once sweet spots.
These "Pretindicas" and other commercial stock coming from these areas is a good example of why breeding is important.
Thank the lord the great breeding did not end, it just shifted from the sweetspots of the world to the woods and basements of Americans and Europeans.
Peace

Last edited:

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Dj Short
Shanti
Steve

As far as Rez, He balances the fine line between breeder and chucker. I mean, what did that dude actually create?

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Shanti
BOG
Steve

Never used DJ Short's stuff (BECAUSE IT'S NEVER AVAILABLE) but have heard great things.

Cannacopia

Chimeras my biggest mentor the guy knows and has taught me more about genetics breeding than anyone..

Sam Skunkman started the whole thing and of course Neville and Shanti have done some fantastic things.

Mad props to anyone saving seed and spreading good clones.

Last edited:

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
DJ
Chimera
Steve
-----------
Others:
Shanti
Sam S
JLP
CBF
Tom Hill
TRC
Motarebel

Stay Safe

Last edited:
P

Peat

#1) JLP :jump: ("The Cannabis Philantropist") (Thanks for the SDxOG!!!)

#2) DJ Short (Unique highs/experiences and flavors and colors) (Thanks for Grape Krush & F-13!!!)

#3) Shantibaba (Sooo many legendary strains) (Thanks for the SSH!!!)

====================================
My :2cents:

sensi...SOL....flying dutchman and Nirvana in that order, have not had the pleasure of growing SSH from Shantibaba, heard only good things

Of the ones I've grown: TRC-Lonestar's stuff was dreamy
DJ Short
BreederSteve

Of the ones I want to try next: RW Seeds-DeepCongo
CannaBiogen's Taskenti
Rez's ChemDog DD
Tom Hill's DeepChunk

:D

UncleBuck

for me it would be: djshort, shantibaba, the third I dunno... maybe the brothers grimm?? so hard to choose just 3 tho... dutch flowers had a couple really nice varieties

Latest posts

Latest posts