What's new

Who's Running DWC/SWC with Water Pump

Voidling

Meaning a sublet tub in my flower cab. Have 24 plant but only need to flush 6 any given week on perpetual sog.

And haven't had luck finding containers to but up that doesn't limit my plant count too much.

Voidling

I'm hoping Nimby pops on to answer but if not, I have a question about running like this.

I'm getting this brown/black stuff on my roots. I've been adding aquashield but still got it. I know Nimby doesn't run sterile and has no problems so trying to figure out what to do. Thanks

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
The blown/black stuff on the roots might be root rot caused by excess of nutes. What is the EC/TDS of your nutrient solution ? Do yo use some enzymes (Hidrozyme, Cannazym) to disolve the dead roots ?

I think any powerhead will be suitable for this kind of grow. I currently have a DWC/SWC sistem running (link in my signature) with 3W submersible water pumps and some airstone also, but this might be the last time I use airpumps and stones, cause it's damn noisy.

Voidling

My ppm has been around 650ppm at the .5 conversion meter. I'm using simple maxigrow at the moment as the maxibloom was causing too much N def. on these plants.

I added Aquashield but that is it. I have aquashield, zho powder, and some fungi packets to brew up a tea

LivingCanvas

Smokeone1: Is it possible to finish a grow at 61 degrees:

Yes. However, you need to get your temps up. Shoot for 70-75 without CO2 80-85 with CO2. Are you running a vented 1000w? If you're venting the hood, get a fan speed controller and turn it down, so the temps can rise. Or you could look at a C.A.P. TMP DNe - which will only turn the fan on when it gets too hot. If you run @ 61 deg. for the whole run, you're going to have reduced growth and yield. Get those temps up!!

LivingCanvas

Also, water temp should be around 62-68 deg. for a DWC for maximum dissolved oxygen. Keep an eye on those water temps as well, to make sure the water temp isn't too low. I went on amazon, and got a couple aquarium temp sensors. -If the water is too cold, the roots will be unhappy, and growth, again, will be stunted.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Wow, just found this thread. Awesome times.

Nimby was my main inspiration back when I started growing the moment I was of age to leave the nest and get an apartment.. Did a 250w in a stealth dresser.. SWC w/ powerhead. Vegged in another with 70w MH. The rest is history.

Pontiac saved some of his shots over here.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=535498&postcount=53

10152cab4-thumb.jpg

I'm always on the lookout for a nice dresser on the curb or garage sale to get back to my roots with a new stealth dresser build, except this time not on the budget of a 18yr old.

NIMBY, if ya still popping in from time to time. Can't thank you enough! I was merely a lurker back in the days of OG, but you literally changed my life through your posts and stealth little dressers builds.

NIMBY

FlowerFarmer--THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I'd lost most of those photos! Found a couple on an old floppy disk but don't have the ability to convert them to anything else. Now I do!!

That's why I love forums like this...you help and then get help back again. I should get over here more often.

petemoss

Damn, I remember those pictures of Nimby's scrog screen! When I saw that cute little screen, I PM'd Nimby to ask how he made it. Many of us scroggers were building screens from pvc pipes that took up a lot of room in a small cab or dresser. Nimby explained that he made the whole thing from a $3 sheet metal strip used to finish a drywall corner.
Very resourceful!

Latest posts

Latest posts