What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whos growing outside in 2013??

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
is there anyone in the uk whos planning to be growing a crop outside this year??? i wanted to last year but never got round to it, ive never grown outside either so its gonna be a learning experience. i think il be doing everything form clone though.

anyone else growing outdoors this year?

S

speedemon

I will be growing some Crinkle outside this year but hidden in the back garden :)

D

Dipper

I'll be slipping a few sneaky ones out too, just hope the weather is a bit better this year.

theclearspot

when you say outside you mean in the garden or in a greenhouse? I wouldnt have thought theres enough sun in the UK for growing outside:biggrin:

stj2006

I have failed every year outdoors, never managed to pull anything worth smoking, and I have tried so many times!

Haha buddymate, I have seen a few of your outdoor forrests!

St Jimi

SupaFunk

Veteran
^
No! Greenhouses are for wimps. Real men guerilla grow and get torn apart by brambles!!

ha ha ha

B

buddymate

never managed to pull anything worth smoking[/QUOTEIts easy as A-B-C mate,most I got was 11 keys dry,could have gotten more if I had put effort into the grow :ying:

Attachments

• First night of the harvest..jpg
    First night of the harvest..jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 22
B

buddymate

Before anyone says owt,that pic doesnt show 11 keys,I chopped that years crop in 4 different sessions as I was working on my own :ying::tiphat:

stj2006

Hey buddymate, what strain do you run? Is it seed or a cut? or a mixture? Northern or southern? I'm more Northern.

Take it easy

St Jimi

B

buddymate

No single strain mate,femaleseeds.nl stuff and a couple of others,I was looking at a seed vendors website the other day and they are using one of my Easy Sativa pics to illustrate the strain :tiphat:I use clones or seeds,either will do,I have grown north and south outdoors mate,as well as mainland europe and south-east asia :tiphat:Its all a game mate :ying:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
No single strain mate,femaleseeds.nl stuff and a couple of others,I was looking at a seed vendors website the other day and they are using one of my Easy Sativa pics to illustrate the strain :tiphat:I use clones or seeds,either will do,I have grown north and south outdoors mate,as well as mainland europe and south-east asia :tiphat:Its all a game mate :ying:

man i think you should start a thread here, i thinks theres alot i could definately learn from you and probably many others too.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i dont need the extra disappointment when i look out the window and see cold horizontal rain of thinking my plants are probably giving up on life as well.. but i may have another go this year for educational purposes..

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never had to water the hanging baskets much last year , looking on the bright side.

Apart from the problem wet autumns a lot of local sites have been swallowed up by urban spread , large plants get robbed if they survive the weather , soon as the nettles drop they stick out a mile , volunteer maize in a hedgerow works better.

Sunlight hours were very low here too last season , greenhouse suffered as well , less weight than expected but good quality , fighting mould at the end.

Seems intuitive that a faster flowering indica will fare better , but in practice a longer flowering sat,s structure will shed water better and and survive prolonged wet weather more reliably for me.

Only ones that gave me any outdoor bud last season were short vegged sat dom indoor clones planted out late June , finished compact by the end September , 2 - 3 ounces of decent bud off each and some nice sieve , in the open for three months less and not as easy to spot.

Same clones put out at Easter get large with a potential pound or more , but rarely finish by end October and mould usually takes them or local shits , once robbed a sites gone forever and am running out locally.

Latest posts

Latest posts