What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's got the latest scoop on crescent city/DN county?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello. Looking for info on the general cannabis attitudes etc. up there. Considering retiring up north. No need to give the "don't come to Cali w canna dreams" speech, I'm already here, been here, hooked up and connected all I need in SoCal if i want business. I'm talking retirement, growing for personal, seeds, sticking to, well, I ain't saying more than 6 plants won't be found in my grow, hahaha , but I ain't looking to start business. I'm done. Time to chill. Just looking for general thoughts on area...

N

naturalbornkilr

Why crescent city though? tweekersville usa. foggy all the time. attitudes are changing for the worse, you'll always be an outsider and they don't like that, one wrong move and they'll send you packin back the way you came. If I were you I might look into the mendo coast but lots of retirees there too that don't like growers, or maybe further north to oregon.

Miasa Mura

Hey Subrob,
I don’t know if you’ve moved yet but here’s some info from my 30 years in Northern California. Crescent City is a bit sketch for growing herb. My family is from there and they and their friends have had their outdoor gardens robbed on multiple occasions. As for the town, it’s very good ol boys feel and not cannabis friendly though surrounding Oregon and Humboldt are very cannabis friendly so it’s just a bit of a old school patch. If your looking at Fort Dick or Hiuchi in the outskirts of Del Norte seem a bit chiller in vibes and warmer (just a little) temps with less fog so you’ll get less mold. Really nice area if you like to do outdoor activities like hiking, camping canoeing etc. hope this helps!