What's new

Who's goin' vertical? First Stadium

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Going to be running a stadium setup in my closet with two bare 600's. I've yet to build the stadium seating for the girls but there is still time to be vegging. I'm revamping this thread in the hopes that it will keep me motivated to get shit done. The exhaust is done but I still need to get the light fixtures and some bulbs. The line up is as follows,

Big Bud Blueberry, Alaskan Ice, Grapefruit, Flo, Headband, Island Sweet Skunk, Chem Dawg, Appalachian Mud Squid, Blackberry Bubba Kush, Master Kush, and Triple Diesel.

picture.php

picture.php

I will be updated as things go along and as always I would love to hear any input or feedback that you have to offer, especially since this is my first vert run. Thanks. :yes:

gingerale

Veteran
Nice selection bro. Stadium setups are where it's at. I can already see you have good attention to detail. Pulling a chair for this one...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I've spent the last couple of days getting things more dialed in. I was able to finish the stadium seating and make more sense of the layout. I am happy with the shelves, they sure are sturdy! I might have gotten a little ambitious with the height but I figured that worst case I can put the larger plants on the lower shelf and the smaller ones up top. Still just vegging with the 400 watt HPS but before too long I'm going to have to get that vertical 600 going. Things are going smoothly. On with the pictures....

I had been meaning to do something with my headband plant and finally got around to it. It was one that I had along with my chemdawg and triple diesel cut that got really stressed with all the bs I was putting them through and it started to flower. Needless to say I got it back on track veg wise but it looks odd to say the least. I trimmed alot of the lower crap off and LST'd it to open it up and get it going in the right track. It's going to be a monster for sure.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the whole lineup with the stadium layout

picture.php

picture.php

On to the next post...... (Is there still only a 5 picture max for a single post?)

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
what happens when you open the door with that exhaust vent? is the door notched
out there?

it's a cool system, much better than holes in the walls when it comes time to move.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
what happens when you open the door with that exhaust vent? is the door notched
out there?

it's a cool system, much better than holes in the walls when it comes time to move.

Bingo, my landlord has a keen eye and I want to respect the house soooooooo I pulled the door that was there and painstakingly turned a blank slab into the same dimensions as the original. I cut the top 9 or 10 inches off and mounted wood inside the hollow core to drill the ductwork stuff into. If you look at the pictures carefully you can see where the line was cut for the separation. I have the top part wedged into place with shims with a small screw on both sides that the bottom is resting on. I put a door sweep on the outside of the door to light proof and slow down airflow through that part. Thanks for stopping in. :yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Felt like doing an update. Before too long the 400 watt won't be big enough for the 6 girls in the 3 gallon pots. Also, I had to top most of the chem dawgs as they refuse to keep shooting up vertically. Coincidentally I think they are going to be perfect for what I'm trying to do. I need to get the 600 going vertically for the last bit of veg with the chem dawgs added into the mix. This needs to happen soon too as the veg area is starting to get a little thick.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Been working trying to get things straightened out for the time being and wanted to document the progress. Still haven't hit any speed bumps but just transitioned to the new vertical bulb so we'll see.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I would elaborate but I'm so tired. Thanks for stopping in. :yes:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I made it! NOW it's a party ;)

Lookin' good wdi - I'll be back soon, where I'll do more than just look at the purddy pitchers..

:dance:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Okay, had dinner and now I have a beer so's now I can look. ..looks good! I like the build - and the ladies in the larger round pots look especially nicely vegged for the setup.. :good:

Jbonez

Veteran
You are at 24.49 watts per sq ft.

Push those stands alot closer together, minimum a foot inward toward the light per side, get something like plywood or a foam panel with mylar or white paint or something and put behind the bleachers for better reflection, your yields are going to suffer, not for nothing bro.. I dont see any other option if you want to maximize your light.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I just realized that I haven't even really explained anything that I have going on. Damn, bout time then.

You are at 24.49 watts per sq ft.
Push those stands alot closer together, minimum a foot inward toward the light per side, get something like plywood or a foam panel with mylar or white paint or something and put behind the bleachers for better reflection, your yields are going to suffer, not for nothing bro.. I dont see any other option if you want to maximize your light.

Thanks for the input. I just through the chem dawgs in there. They are just transplanted and all they have ever known is 24 hours a day of a fluorescent shop light fixture. Also, the bigger girls on the left have only known a 400 watt light. I was going to let them get used to the light and then move the stands in closer to the lights. I also wanted to be cautious with temps as I've never had a 600 watt light or ran a bare bulb configuration. I was going to continue to veg the plants for another week or two in order to get them bigger and reaching for the light some more. As they get bigger I will again move them back to keep them the proper distance from the bulb. Here in the next week I'm going to install some 2x4s to the side and mount one horizontally in order to install hooks and run some trellis netting for the girls. Also, this will eventually be 2 600s when I get a higher plant count with some more flavors - Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Not a bad call on the plywood though, it wouldn't be hard at all to screw something to the 2x4 thingamajiggy's backside.

Okay, had dinner and now I have a beer so's now I can look. ..looks good! I like the build - and the ladies in the larger round pots look especially nicely vegged for the setup.. :good:

Thanks for stopping silver. The girls in the left have a couple week headstart on the ones on the right. Round pots are 3 gallons and the squares are 2 I believe. The chem dawgs on the right just got transplanted last night.

Thanks for stopping in with the input guys, much appreciated. :yes:

Last edited:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
jbonez is on to something, I think. You could even just put a couple screw eyes in the ceiling, and make a reflective panel that you can hang behind the plants, but also remove so you can access the plants from the backside too.

How much room is between the rear shelf and the walls on the side? I'd love to have some walk-way room in my garden.. :D

Nice solution for the door too - a considerate tenant is a good tenant. :good:

bloyd

Veteran
Nice use of closet space. any details on the triple diesel? Is this annac's triesel or a different cross?