What's new

Who uses Promix indoors?

H

humboldtlocal

Who uses Promix indoors? Any tips? What size pots do you use? Do you amend it at all before planting? What nutes work good with promix? Is a good organic soil mix like Roots Organic better indoors? Lets hear it indoor nerds. What's the word.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i know your gonna hate me for this but i perfer coco to soil indoors.... i ran promix for 3-4 years and now will never run it again switch to coco and the results are disgusting compared to soil....

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I have used pro mix for years

I use it pretty much straight out of the bag, although I have mixed some lime in now and then

Any size pots work well, I currently flower out in 6 gal containers

H

humboldtlocal

What is the advantage of promix over an organic bagged soil? Do you have to water and feed a lot more with coco? I have never used coco.

skunktoker

I have used pro-mix plenty of times indoors and it works awesome For the last 3 grows
however I have used LC-1 (sunshine) works just aswell All I add is some perlite but yes
promix works great...I have never used coco so therefore I cant comment on It....ST

H

humboldtlocal

Hey Dog, I looked at your thread and was wondering if you add perlite to your promix or if it just has that much in it. Great job I might add.
Skunk, is LC-1(sunshine) the same as sunshine mix #1. Around here we call them sunshine bales. I have used them in my outdoors to help fill in some of my trenches.

skunktoker

Yes same thing only around here the bales are harder to get..the LC-1 is a loose bag not a bale...but yes its sunshine #1 mix I always add a little perlite to my mix it has some in it
rather I use pro-mix or LC-1...ST

H

humboldtlocal

Hey Skunk, what kind of Nutes do you use with the sunshine and promix? Doesn't the sunshine #2 or #3 have perlite in it?

skunktoker

My base nutes I use superthrive in seedling stage and transplant..the buddha-grow and bloom (roots-Organics) orgenisms-xl...big-bud and follow up with overdrive the last few weeks...and mollases every 2 weeks during the flowering stage..

ToughGirl

I use Pro-mix Bx by the bail and I really like it. But I add extra perlite as well as extra dolomite lime (1TBLsp per gallon).

I just found some a hardware(!) store yesterday, and bought 3 -3.8cft bails for $10.46 a bail!!!! The owner said it was leftover from this summer and gave it to me at cost!!!!! I don't have to buy any soil all winter :woohoo:

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i find the yield bumps alittle but the quality of coco bud is outstanding like growing in hydro cause basically coco is a hydro medium....

meaning it dries out alot faster and have to water alot more... some people do it 2-3 times a day i do just once a day... but you have to account for drainage....

AKDrifter

I am using promix BX. I had about five bags of FFOF, a bag of pearlite, and a bag of happy frog which I mixed with a bale of Promix BX. I mixed everything because I am not able to get any more FF products, so I wanted to stretch them as far as they could go rather than pot up two or three plants.

Anyway, I am using the botanicare pro blend trio of nutes (grow,bloom,liquid karma), and my grow has never looked better. I am also growing four strains in this mix and all seem to be growing great.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Lucky lucky Toughgirl

Lucky lucky Toughgirl

Good buy

I just found some a hardware(!) store yesterday, and bought 3 -3.8cft bails for $10.46 a bail!!!! The owner said it was leftover from this summer and gave it to me at cost!!!!! I don't have to buy any soil all winter :woohoo:[/QUOTE]

I use 50% pro-mix bx is it, 25% perlite, 25% Earthworm castings and 2 tbs per gal dolomite lime. I fert with Botanicare's PBP Gro for soil and Bloom for flowering, Liquid Karma and a little Superthrive now and then. I just started using these fert and am loving them so far. Easy to use. :smokeit: :canabis: :smoke:

BigNuts

when ya talk promix are you talking about promix ultimate organic mix by premier sold at menards for 6 buck a 1cuft? it says it has mycorise with bio stimlant mixed with seabased compost and lime. cuz if you are that shit works good! Peace

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
We use promix hp (comes in 3.8cu ft, compressed), with ewc and perlite, about 2 to 1 and 1 parts, (60% promix, 20% ewc and 20% perlite). Although i dont measure our mix, its just eye balled.

For nutes we use mostly earth juice grow/bloom/catalyst. Just started using liquid karma, and ca/mg as needed.

Also we ammend a little bit of lime, maybe a tsp a gallon? i dunno, again its not measured.

And 3 gallon squares for flowering. Also have used 1.5 gallon squares for 1 week veg.

edit: last spring i started testing diff soils.... every single type of organic mix commonly available.... fox farm ocean forest and happy frog, black gold, earth juices. Finally I ended up on promix and I love it. Its not perfect for moms, but i'm working on a solution for that. Its drainage, yet water capacity is awesome. Even when it gets compacked, its still airy.

D

deepforest

all i know is promix HP / perlite at 50:50 is a dream to work with if you dont mind watering like every day. otherwise straight HP is great if you dont wanna water so often. i used to add lime on fresh bales but now only add it if im reusing any medium. the included lime should last 1 run. i use hydro nutes.

the reason i havent gone to a full on hydro system (e.g. ebb flo) is cause whats easier than mixing up a batch of nutes, getting PPM and PH right, feeding/watering, and then coming back in 2-3 days to do it again? no constantly monitoring PH etc etc. actually maybe i should switch to ebb and flo becuase im feeling a little guilty at how easy this is. other than carrying in the promix and then trying to dispose of it. perlite stands out like a sore thumb.