What's new

who uses PROMIX BX??

G

I use to use the shit out of it with great results.The only problem at all with promix is the acidity of the peat can result in a medium PH drop around midflower,I used a tablespoon pulverized dolomite per gallon to alleviate PH drop.A gallon of soil is not a 1 gal nursery container full of soil,its actually much closer to two pots full as most are .6 gal.You can overlime easily using pots as a measure..

G

Been using Pro-Mix in the greenhouse for years. Been running indoor
grows with it for a year and a half.

IMO it need amendments.

I add

Bone Meal
Greensand
Plantone
Dried Blood
Oyster shells - crushed
Perlite
Worm castings

makes a kickin mix - Have Cherry Thai flowering in it now and
DreamGoddess vegging in it in the other room! Good Stuff!!

Tested a run of flowering C Thai clones this summer - no added ferts, just let it ride the soil mix - INCREDIBLE! and tasty.........

any one knoe where i could pick up some loam mix at also?? If promix is as good as every says i was thinking of this dirt or soil lol 60-40 promix loam now this seems like it would help with root growth ne1 have thoughts??

Sleepy

Veteran
after trying lots of different medium/methods, the ProMix suited me best...

i love it.

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Loam field
Loam field

Loam is soil composed of sand, silt, and clay in relatively even concentration (about 40-40-20% concentration respectively).

Loams are gritty, plastic when moist, and retain water easily. They generally contain more nutrients than sandy soils. In addition to the term loam, different names are given to soils with slightly different proportions of sand, silt, and clay: sandy loam, silty loam, clay loam, sandy clay loam, silty clay loam, and loam.

A "loamy" soil feels mellow and is easy to work over a wide range of moisture conditions. A soil dominated by one or two of the three particle size groups can behave like loam if it has a strong granular structure (promoted by a high content of organic matter). However, a soil that meets the textural definition of loam can become unlike loamy earth if it is compacted, depleted of organic matter, or has dispersive clay in its fine-earth fraction.

Loam soil is ideal for growing crops because it retains nutrients well and retains water while still allowing the water to flow freely. This soil is found in a majority of successful farms in regions around the world known for their fertile land.
"

...the thing i like with the promix, is you control exactly what the plant gets...keep in mind, there are no ferts at all, so if you use R/O or distilled water you will need all micro/macro nutes to feed the plants. cal mag is a nice ammendment, as well as liquid karma...

not every method/medium suits us all...when you find what works, stick with it!! :headbange

inflorescence

Veteran
Sunshine's not bad but the peat tends to be clumpier and hold more water (and therefore not as much air). It compacts a little more over time and the clumpiness makes for "pockets" which are not a good thing compared to the even consistency of promix.
Promix screens their peat to precise sizes better compared to others YET I still mix on a tarp and pull out various things and break up the promix clumps so the end mix is a pure bliss consistency. This helps the root ball develop even growth. Maximises pot size during various up-pottings.. OR maybe I just like 'diggin in the dirt' (tryin to find the places I once hurt). :)

Last edited: