What's new

Who makes the best 1000w hps bulb?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Ive used damn near every bulbs out, with the exception of Gavita...

Ive found the MORE you pay for a bulb, the LESS it will perform how you want it to....

But I do wonder why the BADASS AN bulbs are NOT on that chart...

krunchbubble

Veteran

catalyte

Veteran
funny you should mention the Badass bulbs... i always was skeptical about them. I have never heard any reviews or REAL data on them... they look like the most generic bulbs, i wonder if thats all they are??

krunchbubble

Veteran
funny you should mention the Badass bulbs... i always was skeptical about them. I have never heard any reviews or REAL data on them... they look like the most generic bulbs, i wonder if thats all they are??

Im trying one, in the new Sun System Luxor hood, should be the brightest combo you can buy....

But i have nothing to campare the setup to, so im not sure if the bulb is good, i just saw that it was 155k lumens....

Keep goin

Not sure about the 1000 watt version...but 600 hps I can say I ran hortilux for years and then tried the Ushio super red...!

Wow, huge difference. Notable difference in final yield. Side by side trays, same room, same nutes, same system...only difference bulb. And actually had the hortilux on an old mag ballast and the Ushio on a digi ballast.

Thought that might be the difference...so went out and bought a brand new digi ballast for the hortilux. That's not it..!!

Ushio RULES...again 600 anyway.

$20 bucks cheaper also...

Keep goin

Hey gnome..

It's the opti red.

And just to give perspective. Hortilux was consistently giving me 9 to 14 Z's per light and the opti red Ushio is hitting 17 to 21..!! My style has obviously not changed, skill level...no different. Again, just the bulb! I think hortilux is so popular because people just keep using them from habit. Took me 20 years to try another bulb...now I'll never go back!

SB.J

I am trying a Hortilux dual-arc this round 1000W with digital ballast. It is by far the best development I have seen and think I am going to continue to use it and possibly buy another.

Krunch,

How does that Sun System Luxor 8 work for you? I really want to try it. How much square footage are you putting it in? 4 by 4?

Thanks

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guys, you'll get just as good of a grow with a plain old HPS bulb from Home DePOT.
I've tried them all. No difference.
Something probably more important than a high priced bulb is to keep your bulb and reflector clean. Dust and dirt can cut your light a lot.
Burn1

the gnome

Veteran
Hey gnome..

It's the opti red.

And just to give perspective. Hortilux was consistently giving me 9 to 14 Z's per light and the opti red Ushio is hitting 17 to 21..!! My style has obviously not changed, skill level...no different. Again, just the bulb! I think hortilux is so popular because people just keep using them from habit. Took me 20 years to try another bulb...now I'll never go back!

where are you getting the best price at?

Keep goin

Hey gnome...

I'm not...haha. I'm in the NE, so I'm kinda a slave to the rip off artists in hydro stores...luckily the industry is blowing up, so a huge influx of new stores makes it so that they can't rip you off quite as bad as they have in the past. Used to be they could charge 20 to 30% OVER MSRP..!!!!? wtf!

Now they are forced to at least meet MSRP. Which on that bulb is $105...I saw someone back in the post claiming to get it for $60!! So I would probably ask them...depends where you are, or if you are willing to get stuff shipped to you. (I am not)