What's new

Who lets their dog sleep on their bed?

Just wondering, where do people let their dog sleep?
Outside in a kennel or on a couch or on their bed.
I have two, one a RR and the other a RR cross.
The older one sleeps on my bed and he loves having his own spot and doesn't let the other one on the bed, the younger one, the RR cross sleeps on a blow up air mattress next to the bed, and is happy there.
Interested to hear where everyone lets their dogs sleep.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
My English Staffy has had her bed right next to ours since she came home @ 8wks old and to answer your question of does she sleep on/in the bed??
In winter time most definitely YES. She's like a furry hot water bottle and being a typical sized staffy she's not that much of a bed hog under the blankets :D
In summertime NO.
:smoke out:

watts

dogs belong outside in my opinion.

Do you live on a farm by any chance?
Because in my experience farmers treat their dogs cruelly, they chain them up 95% of the time and all they have to sleep in is a 44 gallon drum cut in half with no blanket, even in winter.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My dog is weird he wants to sleep on the bed. After a few hrs he jumps down. IF I dont let him have those first few hrs on the bed he wont lay down starts jumping on the side and looking at me. He cant get on the bed himself.. So I give him his time then he splits and sleeps on the floor couch..

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
2 dogs ..hundred pounders ..2 cats ..one old ..one crazy...

We all sleep in the bed .. my young dog will spoon with me under the covers...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

my little huckleberry's wouldn't have it any other way.......

ScoobyAlice.jpg

^^^
Is that a log cabin you live in? Just looking at the wall behind.
If so very cool, I would love to live in one of those, very sturdy.

Kushed_

I have two German Shepherds, they both sleep in the house in the winter, on their dog beds. In the spring & summer, one sleeps in the house on their dog bed, and one sleeps outside. They are not allowed on any furniture.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Gross, letting your dog sleep on your bed. My twelve cats are cool though. Just kidding, if it can put up with my in-bed shenanigans it is welcome to sleep there, canine or otherwise.

Ganja baba

Veteran
i love dogs and cats ,, apart from being a little unhygienic i dont like my cats sleeping on my bed we dont let them up at night.
my wife is getting a puggle but wont have her on the bed

but in the day one sneaks in and all ways sleeps on my side of the bed , trouble is i keep a stubble and when i go to bed at night the cat fur gets stuck in my stubble really pisses me off lol .
so now i simply shut my door in the day

my cats are all ways hunting so i dont want to get animal guts on my bed

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
The Great Danes spends most of her day asleep on the tempurpedic, at night she has her own bed by our bed. She takes up to much room to sleep with us, but I take a nap with her every afternoon. The Standard Poodle sleeps on the couch most of the night even though he has his own bed with us. And there's any number of cats on the bed all night long,we have 8 of them.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Do you live on a farm by any chance?
Because in my experience farmers treat their dogs cruelly, they chain them up 95% of the time and all they have to sleep in is a 44 gallon drum cut in half with no blanket, even in winter.

farmers and people who live in rural areas where i'm from let their dogs roam freely and sleep in a dog house, same with homes who have fenced in backyards. The dogs love it. keeping them inside a house or apartment most of the day is more cruel to me.

I

Iron_Lion

I share my bed with 2 pitbulls and my wife.

My dogs are clean tho, they dont like to go outside that much and we clean their feet when they come in.

If my dogs were roaming thru the woods and swamps I would not let them sleep in my bed.

M

MummyCat

I tried so hard the first year to get this thing to sleep on the floor. Finally I just gave in, there's no way to get her to sleep anywhere but smashed up against you

snuggledog.jpg