What's new

Who knows "Aota"?

hippieslave

AOTA does stand for all of the above it was bred in Potter Valley by some tweekers who let pollen fly around among polyhybrid strains with no real idea what is crossing with what hence the name All Of the Above

AOTA does stand for all of the above - but it also stands for Afgani, Orange Crush, Trainwreck, and AK-47. I know the guy that bred it, and he is not outta mendo or humboldt - he is outta Siskiyou Co. and not a tweaker.

Croissant

back in '04 AOTA was going around arcata about 6 months prior a big batch of what was called lambsbread went around arcata. They had a very similar distinct smell. No doubt they were related. you could see the similarities in the nugs too. The AOTA was better more well rounded euphoric buzz. Very buzzy. Smelled like a hamster cage.

chuckbeaster

back in '04 AOTA was going around arcata about 6 months prior a big batch of what was called lambsbread went around arcata. They had a very similar distinct smell. No doubt they were related. you could see the similarities in the nugs too. The AOTA was better more well rounded euphoric buzz. Very buzzy. Smelled like a hamster cage.

well you are right about the time when it started going around (03-04), but it is a lot different than the lambsbread (later known as lambsbreath around arcata). They did have a similar taste, but the lambsbread was a haze cross and took MUCH longer to flower.
I was told by the friend of the creator of AOTO (who got me the clippings) that i was one of the first 5 (or so) people to grow it. That was in 2003.

From what i was told it is TW x NL5 X Pine Mtn x ?. I was later told by someone that ran in the same crew that the 4th strain was grapefruit. I've heard many different things over the years as to what the 4th strain is, but i'm pretty sure it is grapefruit.

here is a picture of it from that first 03 grow: http://i.imgur.com/xNNquju.jpg ...there is also a "pure arcata trainwreck" poking his head into the picture (left middle)... any person who's grown TW knows how they love to stretch into the light, almost like a vine.

HSU class of 07.

relic1981

Veteran
def right time frame but there was a good reason i didnt stick around. nice yeilding commercial strain with 7-8 week finish time, people just got sick of it and by 05-06 it was almost all but gone. it was always labeled A.O.T.A. and not aota

ive heard many rumors about a.o.t.a.. most folks here agree it stands for A.ll O.f T.he A.bove. because it is a 5 way poly hybrid and they apparently just did some pollen chucking at the moms with multple mails so its a real cluster fuck as far as genetics go. i think there is some tw in there along with a spicy haze maybey some matunska mist (also very popular here at the same time frame) maybey some ak47. its an odd, hard to describe smell. the flavour isnt bad but it isnt what one would expect. its really spicy/ skunky (not rks) tasting (hazy) and almost has a vegetable (celery) smell to it. its been years but i can still smell it in my head, if that makes sense.. hard to forget, i think thats what got people interested in it... it was unlike most cannabis strains. i didnt thin it tasted like lambs bread except the haziness..very little to no fruity notes like the bread has but has kind of an amonia esque smell to it, even when properlly dried and cured (like cat piss, the strain). lambsbread is on the fruity side of the palate for me..

chuckbeaster

I'm not sure you were getting the same AOTA i was getting (yes, All of the above). I got it from a close friend of the person who created the strain. And he was 100% positive it was a TWxNL#5xPMx?. It was very citrus in taste and smell. Thats why people always said it was a honeydew cross. It was bright green, great trichome coverage, and nice stumpy orange hairs. I saw the same strain being grown within our circle of friends from 03-06 and it always had that citrus stank to it. You're right about the flowering time (around 7 weeks).

It was a great "commercial" indoor strain because it was short flowering and high yielding. A lot of our crew switched to Pot of Gold (POG) around 05 because it too was fast flowering and high yielding. After that he had to start doing the name brand strains because nothing else was selling around arcata.

relic1981

Veteran
im pretty sure its the same strain. there was only 1 aota cut going around the arcata area and it was unmistakeable. had that light green flowers with bright orange hairs, it might just be me and the notes i remember most from it. it was citrusy but i wouldnt say that was its leading characteristic. its def not a strain that can be confused with any other, very unique.

pale_rider

Aota

Aota

This is a super old thread but I was bored and anyway, y'all prob know now but aota far as running it goes: she's nosed like dude said but isn't all sativa. Finishes fast fast, like 50-54 days fast. That's not sativa. Yields fairly well if topped, def has pretty significant internodal spacing from the sativa, but grabs some structure from the indica as well as the spice I imagine. afghani. Imo ime. Resinous, but heavier on sativa side of effect, guess she sits 65/35 on the sativa o things. Let it go years bak. Wish I had it bak, extractions and all ...terps...those sativa dominant loud terp forwards of 02-10ish and earlier (tangie) were backburnered by many breeders and growers. in the place of more unique and significantly more potent strains with most breeders and so subsequently then growers. I remember the aota getting old, not getting folks stoned enough and felt I didn't have a place for it in my program at the time. 😔. Now with concentrates, extraction represents the terpenes of these strains with a louder and thus more unique palate and nose in a drastically more potent medium. Hence the tangie (orange), Banana, lemon, explosion. Watch for that mango tho....

Latest posts

Latest posts