What's new

Who has the straight poop on Rabbit Manure and Growing Cannabis?

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Rabbit manure seems possible. A buddy raised Llamas and swore the manure didn't burn anything. He fertilized everything with that and it worked really well. If you need some wild rabbits I will give them to you. There is a bunny population explosion here and I can't walk outside without tripping over a rabbit. LOL

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The clean hay can be an issue, since rabbits will die toot sweet with residues which will not harm cattle.

Not feeding hay is not an option for us, we believe they have a better quality of life with it. This does present a challenge when attempting to separate out only poop.

The straight urine can be diluted and works well as a foliar to trigger protein production in plants.(pests go away) So much use from rabbits, the planet is going to be just fine. ;)

Douglas.Curtis

On a side note, how many alternative uses to fertilizer and food for ruminants can you find for bunny poop?

What about the urine?

This is a veeeeeery deep rabbit hole... ;)

Cerathule

What I've always wondered about this manure stuff is if you can
- combine several different manures to get a better NPK profile and long-lastivity of the soil ammend?
- what about the other nutes Ca Mg S Fe B Micros, in order to be able to fiddle out which stone meals to also use alongside
- could manures be turned into a fast-acting liquid fertilizer by brewing a tea? like to hotwash all minerals out, then use the remains to further decompose to set more minerals free, which, after time passed, could be used to brew the next tea? is this feasable?

Douglas.Curtis

Rabbit is complete enough to use by itself, no stone amendments necessary. The key is living soil, so the bacteria harvests the phosphorous needed for flowering. All the micros are available.

Yes, you can add water and make a tea and the leechate can be tossed in the compost pile. I use the tea as a foliar spray and the plants love it. :)

therevverend

Veteran
A buddy raised Llamas and swore the manure didn't burn anything.

Llama manure is like rabbit manure. Camels (llamas are camels) have a very efficient digestive system, multiple stomachs, so the stuff is 'composted' in their bodies. Similar to rabbits who chew their shit pellets until they're broken down enough it won't burn your plants.

I've used rabbit manure, got a couple bags on the cheap from a rabbiteer. Used it in late June/early July outdoors as top dressing. Everything greened and shot up, they loved it. Seemed to be really well balanced with plenty of N. Seemed to break down quickly, seemed like the nutrients were immediately available. Basically gone in under a month. I'd definitely use it again, I'd like to try llama as well. Of course it can be composted, I think if you added it to an existing compost it would improve it.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a Cal106 micronized highly pure, Calcium carbonate. Max size is 4 microns, most is well below 1 micron. The stomata (leaf pores) are 3 to 8 microns in size. Works well as a foliar at 2 gr/gal as well as in your feeds. Hit me up on instagram. I became a micronizer! We are doing gypsum and soft rock phosphate too! Gazinga! Hit me up on IG.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

I would be more than happy to pay for the analysis of your KNF water soluble calcium. You in?
Nope :), but thank you so much for asking. I'm interested in the testing as well but only arbitrarily. The results combined with rabbit manure tea foliar is awesome. ;)
20220804_150134.jpg

Maple_Flail

I know a guy that added borage, apple and banana "salad" for his rabbits in addition to their Hay. I must say this guys rabbit shit was the shit... too bad i moved out of the region.. its almost worth the 3hr drive... or picking up some rabbits to feed that too...

Douglas.Curtis

I know a guy that added borage, apple and banana "salad" for his rabbits in addition to their Hay. I must say this guys rabbit shit was the shit... too bad i moved out of the region.. its almost worth the 3hr drive... or picking up some rabbits to feed that too...
I doubt I'll ever grow cannabis without it again, I am amazed and have barely begun to tailor their diet for even better results. Apple and bananas are not great for rabbits due to the sugars. They love them though, and banana is arguably one of their favorites... including the peel. :) Wash and peel a banana and then cut the peel in strips. Sun dry them and give your bunny one (Edit:One strip only) a week as a treat.

Edit: Look locally for a meat rabbitry nearby. I'm sure you'll be just as impressed with their poop. :)

Last edited:

Maple_Flail

I doubt I'll ever grow cannabis without it again, I am amazed and have barely begun to tailor their diet for even better results. Apple and bananas are not great for rabbits due to the sugars. They love them though, and banana is arguably one of their favorites... including the peel. :) Wash and peel a banana and then cut the peel in strips. Sun dry them and give your bunny one a week as a treat.

Edit: Look locally for a meat rabbitry nearby. I'm sure you'll be just as impressed with their poop. :)

from my understanding the salad was a treat and not an every day thing.

there is more goat, horse, cow farms out this way which in itself isn't bad, Horse is almost on par with rabbit once aged. not the same, but a workable fill in.

there is a small petting zoo with some rabbit i should go bug them for their crap... hehehe

Douglas.Curtis

lol, may I have 3 cups of bunny poop please? heheheheh

Yep, as a treat it is great once a week. :) While I believe the herbal hay has a larger effect on terpenes than the fruit would, it will be some time before I can test the theory properly.

I'm pretty sure even pellet fed rabbits without any hay is fantastic.

Douglas.Curtis

In time I will have a line of products for sale which will be amazingly helpful when growing cannabis and other herbs. I've been researching the awesomeness of bunny manure for over a month now, and have discovered some treasures which need to be shared more.

At a fair price of course. ;)

I would be more than happy to pay for the analysis of your KNF water soluble calcium. You in?
Why don't you just ask him how he made it and save the time.

If he didn't reach 1650° it didn't separate from the proteins. If he did, it's calcium hydroxide. Which is not allowed (as a fertilizer) under organic cert.

Douglas.Curtis

*facepalm* I'm using, as previously stated, KNF water soluble calcium. Everyone knows how to make it or can easily look up the process. Edit: No, it was not heated beyond 200F and I'm pretty sure it is not calcium hydroxide.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Wow... two months and 200+ research articles and papers later and the rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper. There are so many recent papers and findings and I'm only reading the ones in english. lolol

So far, not one study has included cannabis. How unhelpful... The rest is gold, there are a number of unique benefits from rabbits not found in other domesticated animal manures.

Just... WOW!

Latest posts

Latest posts