What's new

Who has grown a good white rhino lately?

BadRabbit

tbh if you had a valid opinion, fair enough but dont come on these forums spreading mis-information. someone may waste alot of time and money because they thought you knew what you are chatting about. when you have zero experience of the breeder/strain.

I acknowledged the confusion on shark/rhino hot shot (who died and left you as junior moderator by the way?) .

And as far as people commenting on strains they haven't grown, that would cover about 90% of the posts on ICMag. So bite me ace, I'll comment on whatever the hell I want to comment on.

BadRabbit

tbh if you had a valid opinion, fair enough but dont come on these forums spreading mis-information. someone may waste alot of time and money because they thought you knew what you are chatting about. when you have zero experience of the breeder/strain.

Also, ace, please indicate which part of that above post is misinformation. The information I summarized on MNS Med Man is drawn directly from MNS and the grow reports there and is entirely accurate. Go read it yourself instead of playing internet kid cop.

OLDproLg

Veteran
Good plants!!

To bad the IC scwauble has to take place AGAIN?
Great job on the RINO,always wanted to try it!

sativa92

listen man.. we don"t need attitude in here.. I'm looking for the old rhino.. one from late 90s to early 2000!! in seed form. mr.. nice doesn't have it from what i have seen!! again it could have been a mix up..but lets face it breeders lose parent stock all the time(but rarely admit to it)
I'm almost to the point to buy every rhino available grow them all out and report an honest to god report, and see how many nut swingers i piss off!!

THANKS again to everyone that's contributed something positive to this thread!! the search continues

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Also, ace, please indicate which part of that above post is misinformation. The information I summarized on MNS Med Man is drawn directly from MNS and the grow reports there and is entirely accurate. Go read it yourself instead of playing internet kid cop.

yes ive been a member of mns forums for a couple of years now. so your'll find ive posted there a fair bit.

im not a mod nor do i want to be one, but i have however been looking for information on strains before and had to filter through uneducated posts like your own to get the info i need.
just use your common sense, the thread asks have you grow a white rhino lately.

sorry to the op and everyone else. back on topic..

HashCat

You just cant go wrong with Nirvana's gear. I have grown dozens of packs from them. Hell, I would buy them 20packs at a time and resell them at shows. All there stuff is bred well, not only for the price but all around. Some of my favorites include, NPP, Hawaiian x skunk#1, Aurora Indica, AK48, and White Widow.

AKDrifter

Damn Kcar!!

What did you feed that monster? Great looking plant!

I am also interested in this strain, sounds like Nirvana is the place to look.

T

TOKA

The cut going round my ways labelled as white rhino has a similar terp profile to reservas og #18 quite lemony the buzz is nice but not couchlock. Ive never had rhino from the 90's so i cant compare but i'd go with nirvanas also from the reviews ive read about it.

BadRabbit

yes ive been a member of mns forums for a couple of years now. so your'll find ive posted there a fair bit.

im not a mod nor do i want to be one, but i have however been looking for information on strains before and had to filter through uneducated posts like your own to get the info i need.
just use your common sense, the thread asks have you grow a white rhino lately.

sorry to the op and everyone else. back on topic..

Well then, please answer the question, what was inaccurate about the MNS med man information I posted?

The answer is none, which is why you won't answer the question rather than just repeating your unfounded accusation/smear.

Whatever. I don't think having scoldy self-appointed amateur moderators slamming anyone who posts something helps us stay on topic ... so yes, let's return to it.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Hello great people of icmag!! Im in pursuit of this great legend that lately seems to be a memory! In 2001 i think i grew a white rhino from nirvana that was killer ( stronger then chem d)..sadly i lost it years ago and have been trying to find her eve rsince.. the reviews lately of nirvanas rhino it' obvious its not the same..
a freind grew mr. nices.. and it was this strechy ass haze looking plant.. definately not the old rhino..(could have been mix up)
please help an old dog out!!

Hi there Sativa92

Friend of mine just started a GHS White Rhino. Will update this thread if she sends me any pics as it progresses. At some point early next year with any luck she'll come to visit and I'll also post a smoke report.
Hope it is a knockout strain as she tends to suffer from insomnia at times.

Time will tell....

Red Fang

Veteran
yeah what is up with all the Mr Nice dissing these days? I hope it is just haters hating and therefore nonsense and a smear campaign, since I have several of their strains now. What I grew 2 years ago including Medicine Man seemed very good to great to me, very consistent with several keepers...and with none of this sativa stretching I hear about! Those Medicine Man were far more impressive than the Nirvana seeds from somewhere in the 2005 to 2007 era!

sativa92

Hey reg Dixon.. Keep me posted on how that turns out, I have some in the fridge fingers crossed.. just want to say I'm not dissing shanti, he's done some great things for the plant and continues to. From what I seen it didn't look like the rhino of old.. and again it's possible it could have a mix up?? but nirvanas quality went down hill around that time 2005 to 2007?? so your point is not very pointy. well I got medicine man, GHS rhino, and white labels rhino in the fridge hopefully I find what I'm looking for. I will post my results

I have a dank GH WR about 2 weeks from cutting her down. She is a frost covered beauty. I was only growing her out just to see what was up with the WR these days. I am beyond happy with her turn out. I am on the fence about keeping a clone her. I will have to wait to smoke her. My bet is I keep her.

Red Fang

Veteran
not dissing shanti? yet you admit it could have been a mix up and yet you still knock the whole strain and not just your supposed Med man. In all fairness, I have had better and I have had worse, but far more on the worse end of the spectrum than better. Also in all fairness, it seems real or not most of the complaints about MNS gear are about Med man. I have it, I will grow it again someday and see if my past results were an anomaly or the norm. I know there was a split between neville and shanti, and before that a split between arjan and shanti, and I think the opposition has shills that go around everywhere including MNS and engage in a smear campaign for personal interest and not based on any fact. I know I was very pleased with the seeds I did grow from MNS and am currently trying some shark shock and will try many others I have. I am no shanti cheerleeder and will be honest and report what I see. What I do see is you and others praising nirvana while also admitting their quality went downhill "therefore making my point not too pointy"... well I don't think your point is too "pointy" either fwiw but we'll see. What I have grown from nirvana has been good for the money but nothing stellar and not better than the med man I had. Anyway good luck on your quest and I hope you find what you are looking for! peace

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
not dissing shanti? yet you admit it could have been a mix up and yet you still knock the whole strain and not just your supposed Med man. In all fairness, I have had better and I have had worse, but far more on the worse end of the spectrum than better. Also in all fairness, it seems real or not most of the complaints about MNS gear are about Med man. I have it, I will grow it again someday and see if my past results were an anomaly or the norm. I know there was a split between neville and shanti, and before that a split between arjan and shanti, and I think the opposition has shills that go around everywhere including MNS and engage in a smear campaign for personal interest and not based on any fact. I know I was very pleased with the seeds I did grow from MNS and am currently trying some shark shock and will try many others I have. I am no shanti cheerleeder and will be honest and report what I see. What I do see is you and others praising nirvana while also admitting their quality went downhill "therefore making my point not too pointy"... well I don't think your point is too "pointy" either fwiw but we'll see. What I have grown from nirvana has been good for the money but nothing stellar and not better than the med man I had. Anyway good luck on your quest and I hope you find what you are looking for! peace

it kinda gets old when people don't like a breeders work, and thus get called a troll or a hater for posting about their negative experience. theres no smoke without fire.

Red Fang

Veteran
my post was concerning sativa92's post, but I do find it a little strange that a well known and reputable breeder is constantly getting negative reports while f2 makers like nirvana and those with mixed and questionable records (gh) get showered with praise as having the holy grail or something! Anyone who points out this discrepancy in common sense or supports MNS is given all kinds of negative rep and again those who praise the others I mentioned get all kinds of positive rep. A little strange don't you think? I am not saying you are or are not a shill, just that the vast majority of negative reporters probably are.

sativa92

red fang you have a good "point".. but I didn't mean to knock the whole strain, or shanti, just saying it wasn't what I remember as rhino.. but I bought med man for myself to see! I grew nirvanas rhino cause all the good reviews.. grew it few years later and it turned solid purple? but with seeds you never know what your gonna get! mix-ups, cross pollination, loss of mothers, ect.. The shits endless..

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
my post was concerning sativa92's post, but I do find it a little strange that a well known and reputable breeder is constantly getting negative reports while f2 makers like nirvana and those with mixed and questionable records (gh) get showered with praise as having the holy grail or something! Anyone who points out this discrepancy in common sense or supports MNS is given all kinds of negative rep and again those who praise the others I mentioned get all kinds of positive rep. A little strange don't you think? I am not saying you are or are not a shill, just that the vast majority of negative reporters probably are.

the reason probably being that nirvana sell f2's of some of the old dutch genetics which were at their golden age for example white rhino, ak47 etc.. the genetics are close to what they once were being f2's.
on the other hand the old dutch companies with shanti included, sells the same strains (renamed) but the genetic parents are most likely not even close to the originals.

you can call out people and say whatever, why would people really waste their time trolling on a breeder unless they have had a bad experience?? whats to be gained??

no offense I know shanti still sells decent seeds, I like the white widow etc, they still look good. but the old dutch breeders are behind in the game now days. theres much better coming from the states. imo.

W

willyweed

so does everybody think that strains in general are getting worse/weaker ? there does seem to be a lot of posts about older strains being more sought after.when i say "older strains " i am mainly talking about cuts ,but also the older seeds !
or are we all getting to fussy ,harder to please,and generally less impressed with what is around in today's market place ? kind regards willyweed
ps i agree with the above post about the usa having the better strains,but that is only due to how the law is at the moment,some of my dutch friends do not even smoke weed in the day,just pollen or even resin ! when they came to visit for a long weekend i gave them an oz of top shelf weed ,and when they left they gave me over half back saying it was as good as anything back home ! go figure