What's new

Who else is sick and freaking tired of Skunk taint!?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hey All, :D

I know I'm not alone here.... the Skunk taint is in many crosses and turns my head to tapioca, pretty darn quick.

Recently I've had the displeasure of picking up an 1/8th of Sour Diesel X SOmekindaskunk (You'd think I'd know better by now). Dumb dumb dumb dummmmmmmb.

Looking back on it.... there are a TON of strains that have Skunk in them, at one point or another. Even C-99 turned out to be a bad choice for me.... the Skunk in it is enough (long term 24/7 medicating) to turn my head to jello. Everything else was perfect though. *shrug*

Anyone else have the same issues with Skunk and their brain that I do....? Tired of finding out that what you're toking has a lineage that's been Skunked? Share! :D

Stay Safe! :tree:

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
theres skunk in c99?

why skunk? is it just a certain effect that only that one strain brings out in you that you dislike?

I've smoked lots of skunk crosses and have had a greatly varied spectrum of effects.

I'm growing out some Green Crack right now (a skunk cross) that gets you (or at least me) very invigorated and thoughtful, no tapioca, except maybe with lunch.

edit: also growing out some J1 right now (skunk x jack herer) and wow this stuff is looking and smelling amazing. Again its a sativa dominant strain that I love for daytime smoke.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh man,,,,C99 is basicly a heavily worked jackH x Shiva ,,amazing work!!.. but its still a remix of an old track:)

skunk is a combination of 3 different landrace , so maybe your fedup of all 3 landrace,,,,,,,,try looking at TomHill ,Ace seeds, or Cannabiogen,,,they dont sell skunk hybrids thats for sure..

i just got X18[pure paki], VietBlackxThai [100% Sativa trueF1] , and Sandstorm [F1] ,,,,,,,im defo not expecting anything lookin like a skunk

Beautiful BC

theres skunk in c99?

Almost every mainstream strain has skunk in it, even if it's not in the name. Here's the "Cinderella story." The history of cannabis is fascinating. :)

Note Jack Herer = Skunk #1 X NL5 X Haze

MrSoul said:
In 1997, I discovered a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer I bought @ "Sensi Smile" coffeeshop in Amsterdam while there to buy seeds. I didn't expect much when I grew them, but one of those seeds from the JH bud produced a very special female that I call "Princess".

Therefore Princess' mother was a Jack Herer (IF we can believe what Sensi Smile printed on the package) and her father is a totally unidentified mystery plant.

I also got 2 more females (Genius & Cafe'Girl) & several males from those seeds. I used pollen from one of the males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous ShivaSkunk (from Sensi Seedbank) female, then grew the resulting seeds to get males to produce pollen to cross Princess with, beginning the cubing process.

The first generation of seeds from Princess were called P.50 because they were 50% Princess. I used males from the P.50 generation to back-cross to Princess to get P.75 and again back-crossed with the P.75 pollen to get P.88 and again with the P.88 pollen to get P.94 which is "Cinderella 99", a cubed version of Princess.

WelderDan

Veteran
I personally love Skunk. But if it ain't floating yer boat, there is plenty of gear that has none in it.

None of DJ Short's gear has skunk
No skunk in Tom Hill's X-18, Deep Chunk or Haze
No Skunk in Afghani #1
None in Tjikistani
None in CannaBiogen's gear
None in Bog's gear

Probably many more, I'm too lazy to look

HeD333

Isn't sour diesel itself Chem D x Mass super skunk? Can't cry about getting skunk in SD imo...

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Been avoiding anything skunk related since I first found out 95% of weed today is skunked.

Never really thought of it this way, seems like a lot of strains even with skunk in them are very different from skunk. I know what you mean by a lot of stuff being similar, but I think that has more to do with selection than skunk being involved. Compare c99 to super skunk, not even close to each other IMO.

audiohi

Veteran
I love skunk. I am currently looking for something to fit my perfect memory of skunk weed from back in the day....

kaneboy

i love skunk to and will forever be looking for that special skunk from my younger years,keep looking there is heaps of non skunk strains out there

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
The haters of skunk don't grow well enough to see its true colours..
:laughing:

The people who don't understand what I'm talking about.... don't have a finely tuned enough brain to notice the difference.

ALL strains that have skunk in them.... mess with my head over time. I medicate 24/7.... so after a while, no matter how small it is or how distant, the skunk taint turns my brain to tapioca. Granted, some strains take up to 3 weeks before this happens.... it STILL happens.

And yes... Sour Diesel does it too. *shrug* I LOVE Sour Diesel... but man does it mess me up after a while.

Maybe it's just my autism... dunno. I appreciate all the tips on gene pools that haven't had skunks piss in them. Thank You! :D :jump:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh i do see your point Hydro-soil!!,,,

any skunk or skunk hybrid give me a "high" that seems boring,,, an it defo makes me more lathargic than Ohaze,,,,,,Ohaze is totaly free from skunk but i get "brain twitches" after smoking Ohaze for just a few days...i look like an someone whos taken too mutch acid when im smokin Ohaze all day,,,my brain cant cope with smokin Ohaze all day,,,,

i wouldnt swap my Cheese clone for an Ohaze clone thats for sure!!,,,,,,,,id turn into a fugin mental case!!

Stdane

If ya can smell out the skunk in C-99, you're one hell of a sensitive mofo!! lol!!
Try Lieu Hanh or Vietblack if ya can get yer hands on some that shud help ya out..peace man!!:pimp3:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
the only time i see or think of tapioca is when i hit the money shot... :D that sux that skunK does you like that of ALL the strains its skunk which is one of the gurls that started it all yea or no? good luck peace n pufs..

sackO

stupidmonkey

:laughing:

And yes... Sour Diesel does it too. *shrug* I LOVE Sour Diesel... but man does it mess me up after a while.

I hear ya on the Diesel bro. I can't medicate with that stuff anymore. It feels like my brain is gonna melt, like I'm having a flashback or something. Just a wierd combination of cannabinoids I guess. I've moved on though.

One of my favorites I've had in a little while was some Lamb's Breath from a club in Frisco. Only found it once, and too damm bad too. Just such a relaxing mellow body effect, and almost nothing in the head.

I've never really liked hazes. Too heady for me.

Now is it all types of skunk? I feel for ya then. Mowie Wowie? Do the purple's have the same effect? Or the Berry's?

Good luck on your search.

Stu