What's new

Who controles the moon?

L

longearedfriend

apparently humans have been to the dark side of the moon and we're warned never to go back

:)

I am not saying I believe this, it's just something that came to my ears one time

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Who controles the moon, and who desides whats going to happen up there?

As a non US citizen I just tought this was the place to hear the peoples understanding?

Youre not fooling any of us

STOP HELPING HIM!

MrBurns.jpg

HOMER SIMPSON: Okay Mr. Burns Here are your messages: "You have thirty minutes to move your car." "You have ten minutes to move your car." "Your car has been impounded." "Your car has been crushed into a cube." "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."

fungzyme

For those who think there's nothing to exploit, the Oct 2009 bombing of the moon's surface turned up not only frozen water but also gold, silver, and other precious elements. The moon is a treasure trove of resources, and eventually it will be plundered.

Wait, are we at war with the Moon too, now? I guess that's what it gets for messing up our tides and stuff. I hope they bomb it back into the Stone Age.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
a few thoughts by Velikovsky on the moon

The Worship of the Moon

Because of its size and also because of the events which accompanied the first appearance of the Moon, many ancient peoples regarded the Moon as the chief of the two luminaries. “The sun was of smaller importance than the moon in the eyes of the Babylonian astrologers.” (1)

The Assyrians and the Chaldeans referred to the time of the Moon-god as the oldest period in the memory of the people: before other planetary gods came to dominate the world ages, the Moon was the supreme deity. Such references are found in the inscriptions of Sargon II (ca. -720)(2) and Nabonidus (ca. -550).(3) The Babylonian Sin—the Moon—was a very ancient deity: Mount Sinai owes its name to Sin.

The Moon, appearing as a body larger than the Sun, was endowed by the imagination of the peoples with a masculine role, while the Sun was assigned a feminine role. Many languages reserved a masculine name for the Moon.(4) It was probably when the Moon was removed to a greater distance from the earth and became smaller to observers on the earth, that another name, usually feminine, came to designate the Moon in most languages

The Earth Without the Moon

The period when the Earth was Moonless is probably the most remote recollection of mankind. Democritus and Anaxagoras taught that there was a time when the Earth was without the Moon.(1) Aristotle wrote that Arcadia in Greece, before being inhabited by the Hellenes, had a population of Pelasgians, and that these aborigines occupied the land already before there was a moon in the sky above the Earth; for this reason they were called Proselenes.(2)

Apollonius of Rhodes mentioned the time “when not all the orbs were yet in the heavens, before the Danai and Deukalion races came into existence, and only the Arcadians lived, of whom it is said that they dwelt on mountains and fed on acorns, before there was a moon.” (3)

Plutarch wrote in The Roman Questions: “There were Arcadians of Evander’s following, the so-called pre-Lunar people.”(4) Similarly wrote Ovid: “The Arcadians are said to have possessed their land before the birth of Jove, and the folk is older than the Moon.” (5) Hippolytus refers to a legend that “Arcadia brought forth Pelasgus, of greater antiquity than the moon.”(6) Lucian in his Astrology says that “the Arcadians affirm in their folly that they are older than the moon.”(7)

Censorinus also alludes to the time in the past when there was no moon in the sky.(8)

Some allusions to the time before there was a Moon may be found also in the Scriptures. In Job 25:5 the grandeur of the Lord who “Makes peace in the heights” is praised and the time is mentioned “before [there was] a moon and it did not shine.” Also in Psalm 72:5 it is said: “Thou wast feared since [the time of] the sun and before [the time of] the moon, a generation of generations.” A “generation of generations” means a very long time. Of course, it is of no use to counter this psalm with the myth of the first chapter of Genesis, a tale brought down from exotic and later sources.

The memory of a world without a moon lives in oral tradition among the Indians. The Indians of the Bogota highlands in the eastern Cordilleras of Colombia relate some of their tribal reminiscences to the time before there was a moon. “In the earliest times, when the moon was not yet in the heavens,” say the tribesmen of Chibchas.(9)

There are currently three theories of the origin of the moon:

1) The Moon originated at the same time as the Earth, being formed substantially from the same material, aggregating and solidifying.

2) The Moon was formed not in the vicinity of the Earth, but in a different part of the solar system, and was later captured by the Earth.

3) The Moon was originally a portion of the terrestrial crust and was torn out, leaving behind the bed of the Pacific.

All three theories claim the presence of the Moon on an orbit around the Earth for billions of years. Mythology may supply each of these views with some support (Genesis I for the first view; the birth of Aphrodite from the sea for the third view; Aphrodite’s origin in the disruption of Uranus, and also the violence of Sin—the Babylonian Moon—seems to support the second view).

Since mankind on both sides of the Atlantic preserved the memory of a time when the Earth was without the Moon, the first hypothesis, namely, of the Moon originating simultaneously with the Earth and in its vicinity, is to be excluded, leaving the other two hypotheses to compete between themselves.

We have seen that the traditions of diverse peoples offer corroborative testimony to the effect that in a very early age, but still in the memory of mankind, no moon accompanied the Earth.(10) Since human beings already peopled the Earth, it is improbable that the Moon sprang from it: there must have existed a solid lithosphere, not a liquid earth. Thus while I do not claim to know the origin of the Moon, I find it more probable that the Moon was captured by the Earth. Such an event would have occurred as a catastrophe.(11) If the Moon’s formation took place away from the Earth,(12) its composition may be quite different.

There is no evidence to suggest whether the Moon was a planet, a satellite of another planet, or a comet at the time of its capture by the Earth. Whatever atmosphere it may have had(13) was pulled away by the Earth, by other contacting bodies, or dissipated in some other way.

Since the time the Moon began to accompany the Earth, it underwent the influence of contacts with comets and planets that passed near the Earth in subsequent ages. The mass of the Moon being less than that of the Earth, the Moon must have suffered greater disturbances in cosmic contacts. During these contacts the Moon was not carried away: this is due to the fact that no body more powerful than the Earth came sufficiently close to the Moon to take it away from the Earth for good; but in the contacts that took place the Moon was removed repeatedly from one orbit to another.

The variations in the position of the Moon can be read in the variations in the length of the month. The length of the month repeatedly changed in subseqent catastrophic events—and for this there exists a large amount of supporting evidence. In these later occurrences the Moon played a passive role, and Zeus in the Iliad advised it (Aphrodite) to stay out of the battle in which Athene and Ares (Venus and Mars) were the main contestants.

References :

1Hippolytus, Refutatio Omnium Haeresium V. ii.

2Aristotle, fr. 591 (ed. V. Rose [Teubner:Tuebingen, 1886] ). Cf. Pauly’s Realencyclopaedie der classischen Altertumswissenschaft, article “Mond” ; H. Roscher, Lexicon d. griech. und roemisch. Mythologie, article “Proselenes.”

3Argonautica IV.264.

4Plutarch, Moralia, transl. by F. C. Babbit, sect. 76.

5Fasti, transl. by Sir J. Frazer, II. 290.

6Refutatio Omnium Haeresium V. ii.

7Lucian, Astrology, transl. by A. M. Harmon (1936), p. 367, par. 26.

8Liber de die natali 19; also scholium on Aristophanes’ Clouds, line 398.

9A. von Humboldt, Vues des Cordillères (1816), English transl.: Researches Concerning the Institutions and Monuments of the Ancient Inhabitants of America, (1814), vol. I, p. 87; cf. H. Fischer, In mondener Welt (1930), p. 145.

[In addition to the sources cited above, cf. The Nihongi Chronicles of Japan (I.ii, in Transactions and Proceedings of the Japanese Society, vol. I [1896]) which recount how “Heaven and Earth . . . produced the Moon-god.” The Kalevala of the Finns recalls a time “when the Moon was placed in orbit.” (Rune III.35)]

[Cf. the effects of such an event on the Earth’s rotation calculated by H. Gerstenkorn in Zeitschrift fuer Astrophysik, 36 (1955), p. 245; cf. idem, in Mantles of the Earth and the Terrestrial Planets, S. K. Runcorn ed., (New York, 1967); also idem in Icarus 9 (1968), p. 394.]

[Cf. H. Alfven and G. Arrhenius, “Two Alternatives for the History of the Moon,” Science 165 (1969), 11ff.; S. F. Singer and L. W. Banderman, “Where was the Moon Formed?” Science 170 (1970), 438-439: “ . . . The moon was formed independently of the earth and later captured, presumably by a three-body interaction, and these events were followed by the dissipation of the excess energy through tidal friction in a close encounter.” More recently, a study of lunar paleotides has shown that “the Moon could not have been formed in orbit around the Earth” (A. J. Anderson, “Lunar Paleotides and the Origin of the Earth-Moon System,” The Moon and the Planets, 19 [1978], 409-417). Because of a certain degree of instability in the Sun-Earth-Moon system, “the planetary origin and capture of the Moon by the Earth becomes a strong dynamic possibility.” (V. Szebehely and R. McKenzie, “Stability of the Sun-Earth-Moon System,” The Astronomical Journal 82 (1977), 303ff.].

A Brighter Moon

Many traditions persist that at some time in the past the Moon was much brighter than it is now, and larger in appearance than the Sun. In many rabbinical sources it is stated that the Sun and the Moon were equally bright at first.(1) The same statement was made to de Sahagun by the aborigines of the New World: “the Sun and the moon had equal light in the past.” (2) At the other end of the world the Japanese asserted the same: the Nihongi Chronicle says that in the past “the radiance of the moon was next to that of the sun in splendor.” (3)
Traditions of many peoples maintain that the Moon lost a large part of its light and became much dimmer than it had been in earlier ages.(4)
In order that the Sun and the Moon should give off comparable light, the Moon must have had an atmosphere with a high albedo (refracting power)(5) or it must have been much closer to the earth. In the latter case the Moon would have appeared larger than the Sun. In fact, the Babylonian astronomers computed the visible diameter of the Sun as only two-thirds of the visible diameter of the Moon, which makes a relation of four to nine for the illuminating surfaces. This measure surprised modern scholars, who are aware of the exactness of the measurements made by the Babylonian astronomers and who reason that during the eclipses one can easily observe the approximate equality of the visible disks.(6)
References:

1Targum Yerushalmi, Genesis 1:16 and Numbers 28:15; Hullin 60b; Midrash Breishith Rabba. Other sources in Ginzberg, Legends V. 34ff.
2[B. de Sahagun, Historia general de las cosas de la Nueva Espana [Cf. the Peruvian tradition recorded by Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa in the sixteenth century, according to which Viracocha created the Moon brighter than the Sun: Historia de los Incas, ch. 7.]
3Nihongi, Chronicles of Japan from the Earliest Times, transl. by W. G. Aston (1896), Book I, pt. 1.
4Cf. S. Thompson, Motif-index of Folk Literature (1932); cf. Ginzberg, Legends VI. 35; Handbook of South American Indians (American Bureau of Ethnology [Washington, 1948], Vol. II, p. 515).
5See above, section “The Earth Without the Moon,” n. 13.
6E. F. Weidner, Beitraege zur Assyriologie VII, Heft 4 (1911), p. 99; cf. idem, Handbuch der Babylonischer Astronomie (1915), p. 131. Cf. “Gewichte” by Lehmann-Haupt in Pauly-Wissowa Supplements.

"[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Unaccounted for fluctuations in the lunar mean motion were calculated from the records of lunar eclipses of many centuries and from modern observations. These fluctuations were studied by S. Newcomb, who wrote: “I regard these fluctuations as the most enigmatic phenomenon presented by the celestial motions, being so difficult to account for by the action of any known causes, that we cannot but suspect them to arise from some action in nature hitherto unknown.” (20) They are not explainable by the forces of gravitation which emanate from the sun and the planets. "[/FONT]

Last edited:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Don't know who owns/controls the moon, but from what I've seen, it aint us.

There is an amateur astronomer that takes amazing close up video of the moon from his house in the uk with a very nice telescope. There are clearly things that are not natural.

check this one out, good part starts around 1:00. Looks like an enormous eiffel tower looking thing of which half of it has been blown to pieces and only half of the upper portion is still erect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6wlf9fmgQw&list=FL3FJdlMpHLPlGeOefTKEm2A&index=23&feature=plpp_video

and this one, starting at 3:00, not sure what all that is, but it is certainly not mountain and crater formations, not a chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czf2BaYqdf8

he has lots more, he does a few every week

Nader

Veteran
Read "Penetration" by Ingo Swann

I couldn't find a hard copy for less than $500 so I downloaded it for $7.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
The moon is LOADED with titanium dioxide.

Other than splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen for fuel, the Ti is probably the most valuable commodity up there.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
the moon needs to be destroyed. Fuck what "science" says, the moon is not what it appears to be.

Grobot2010

Mr. Momentum and Ms. Gravity... collectively all mankind throughout all time is less than an electron in one molecule of puss in a pimple on a flea's butt hair (and even that is exceedingly generous).

Who controls the moon! REALLY!? LOL

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
No one is control of the moon.

No one has right over said anything besides themselves. We're all here in this infinitly elaborate something.Every action you do effects everyone/thing somehow or another, think domino effect. Just really think about that for a second.

Is there a possibility you effect the vibe of the entire universe with every action you make?

Your brain reads EVERYTHING around you whether you notice it or not. And all the itsy bitsy tiny tiny things you think nothing of, truly effect how you move forward in life. We're all connected and every little thing we do adds to the equation!

Crazy stoner talk? I truly believe in this stuff though :biglaugh:. Sometimes I go a little too deep with it lol. But is that a bad thing? I mean think about.... like right now. what if that if I just typed would have been something else. What if your brightness on your computer was slightly higher than it usually is for some reason. What if you skipped over this post and missed out on a window of opportunity ;). Don't you think your thought process/mood ect ect ect would be different in each situation. Of course! Even those iiiiitsy bittttys things add up. They may be 1s or 2s in the equation but it all adds up.

Spread love and positivity yall! How can you change the equation for the better?

Latest posts

Latest posts