White Widow, OG, & Bubba Kush ~ 400 Watt Madness

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Lots of yellowing on the White Widow's under foliage and many orange pistils now. Maybe half orange, half white.

Not much change in the OG or the Bubba at all.

The bagseed has turned a very deep dark green as she begins to flower.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Officially hitting my half way marker. Gonna be tough from here on out to not chop 'til the end. Frostiness is setting in all over.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Lookin good brah...sorry if I missed it but did you train or top these at all? How tall are they now?

The White Widow was trained a fair amount and topped (cloned).
She is about 1.5' tall and 2.5' wide. This will be my biggest yielder.

The OG was barely trained and accidently topped.
She is about 3' tall. I should have kept her tied down longer... should be smallest yield from this girl.

The Bubba was not topped at all but also slightly trained like the OG.
She is about 1.5' tall. Should pull a fair yield off of her.

The bag seed was never trained or topped. She is just over 1' tall now.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Hey man, one thing I want to recommend, get a filter for your fan. (Nice choice on the Vortex, quality equipment is worth every penny IMHO) I've seen hepa (and regular) filters that'll fit right onto your fan or ducting (4 or 6"?), looks like a performance car intake filter. It'll extend the life of your fan, keep it clean, and keep all your ducting clean as well. Other than that, looking good, especially considering this is your first foray into HID lighting. Keep it up! :wave:

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Hey man, one thing I want to recommend, get a filter for your fan. (Nice choice on the Vortex, quality equipment is worth every penny IMHO) I've seen hepa (and regular) filters that'll fit right onto your fan or ducting (4 or 6"?), looks like a performance car intake filter. It'll extend the life of your fan, keep it clean, and keep all your ducting clean as well. Other than that, looking good, especially considering this is your first foray into HID lighting. Keep it up! :wave:

Thanks for the tip. Sounds like it would make sense. I just have no dividends atm.

Would a filter cut down on the draw of the intake, though? My filter is so far at the top of my grow chambers that I'd imagine the sticky buds will be doing most of the filtering.

If anywhere, maybe I should put a filter pad over my intakes?

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I don't think it'd make a big difference as far as the pressure goes. Filtering both your intake and exhaust is always a good idea. Furnace filters work good for intake filters, I usually buy the ones that you can cut down into any shape and wash after they get dirty. I'd buy the filter as soon as you can afford it, it'll extend the life of your investment (Vortex is a nice fan, love em). Peace...

Thanks brah...lets of good info on this thread. Good luck the rest of the way, I'm sure you'll have some super dank smoke soon enough.

B

benandjerrys

Thanks for sharing. I am very interested in seeing how the Bubba turns out.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
End of Week 6

End of Week 6

I'm beginning to believe this White Widow is not White Widow. Maybe a mixup from Blue Sky landed me with Querkle? Any experts on the matter available?

picture.php

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
I'm confused because White Widow says it should go 10 weeks and it is citrus-lime smell.

Querkle is supposed to finish in 8 weeks and has a "grape taste, fruity smell" and this plant I'm growing is super fruity smelling. Plus, big fan leaves were yellowing all over at week 5. Kinda early if growing a 10 week strain, no?

sednal

you always have to consider that there are different pheno types when u buy a strain of weed. The discription of a strain is generally a discription for the best phenotype found.Some phenos take longer and others and have completly different characteristics like smell, density, taste, and high.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Odd I see Odyssey

Odd I see Odyssey

picture.php

Bubba Kush entering week 7. Doesn't look like no Bubba I grew before. I'm 99.9% sure my White Widow isn't White Widow... maybe Querkle, maybe Odyssey. Maybe even some Hindu Skunk, I dunno. Either way, she's bulked out and drooping to the floor with buds. I'm gonna start hacking away at her any day now. The OG looks delicious. I'm fairly certain its official.

I'll be running the Odyssey, or whatever it is, again... so harvesting in stages might be best for the next run. Got a backup of the OG, too.

sneakinman13

Veteran
right on..
nice lil grow ya got going here...
i wouldn't be suprized if those werent what you thought. i got a grapefruit diesel from a club one time. and idk it just didnt seem like a diesel at all..

good luck finishing out!
later