What's new

White Widow & Kosen Rufu - UK Outdoors 2011

Big Eggy

Veteran
^^^ Unfortunatly she has taken a keen intrest in the garden which is good really as she has helped me with the design elements that i'm rubbish at, Check out my other thread

Landscaping Project

I'm going to order some Secret Garden Seeds AF Mix # 1 today and get some small autos going to see how they perform late season. Should have some buds from them by Mid August if all goes well. Will also in breed the whole lot and see what they through up. With the long term goal of creating a strain that is suited to my garden, low growinig and Autoflowering. So i could in theroy plant out in May/June/July and Harvest July/Aug/Sept and have a sort of perpetual outdoor grow. Which would solve the problem of where i'm gonna dry these current monsters come November??? I'm a bit worried that my shed will be too cold and damp... maybe could do it in the loft but it can be a week before i get any time alone in the house and would rather not cut them too early or leave them a week if mold is becoming a problem...

As for thier progress now was really windy and rainy yesterday and the took a bit of a hammering.. have some dry dark green bit on the edges of the leaves, it could be wind burn but i cant be sure other than that they seem healthy. Will update with new pics tonight.

Eggy

G

Guest 147054

Looking good man. Theres some difference in the plants since you repotted them.

Ive looked at your landscaping project and you have a lot on your hands. I hope you have the time to get everything ready come october/november

Peace

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hi dr.euforia.. thanks for stopping by, wont have the whole garden done this year but making good progress.. trees and shrubs are so expensive and i'm very poor at the moment, hence growing out homemade seeds.

Oh gosh i can hear the violins now! :cry:

Update 24/05/11

Kosen Rufu
Have grown loads and colour is what i'd expect, so my new cheep soil mix has done the trick.

Very windy the last few days and think these dry spots at the edge of the leaves (near petiole) is windburn?? what to you guys think?

Have decided that i'm going to supercrop the plants rather that top them have done the KR at third node, the two widows need a few more days before they'l be ready.

White Widow (A)

White Widow (B)

C U Next Tuesday :tiphat:

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Oh no! was just crushing the stems of the ww's and split them a bit too much when i was bending them over.... hope they recover..

will be a drastic to if not.

eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Update 31/05/11

Update 31/05/11

Hello Peeps :tiphat:

Here's my weekly update.

plants were looking ok after my bodged supercrop but as you will see i think i've taken the right course of action. After nearly snapping the white widow when i was crushing the hurd i remembered why on of my old photo's of the white widow one was shorter.... Because it was a brittle strain Whoop.

Here the old pic:
The shorter one snapped early on.
picture.php

The plants seemed fine yesterday as you can see here:

Kosen Rufu - 31/05/11
picture.php

White Widow (A) - 31/05/11
picture.php

White Widow (B) - 31/05/11
picture.php

But as you can see on closer inspecton the stems have split fairly bad and i don't want to risk infection or the causing problems later on.. The Kosen Rufu had turned in to four smaller stems that you could see right through :eek:

picture.php

picture.php

Anyway to skip to the end i have topped them all.. my use LST to control size and shape from now on.

picture.php

Some minor notes worth adding i've had to move them as were they were at the end of the garden i was having problems with Red Ants and woodlice. After the heavy rain the ants seem to have lost intrest as the pots are sturated will have to bite the bullet and invest in some good poision traps for the ants as my home made recepies dont seem to be affective on Red Ants, i think i'm just gonna have to deal with the woodlice as they are all over the garden at the moment.

Eggy

G

Guest 147054

But as you can see on closer inspecton the stems have split fairly bad and i don't want to risk infection or the causing problems later on.. The Kosen Rufu had turned in to four smaller stems that you could see right through :eek:

picture.php

Eggy

A bit of gaffa tape tightly around it should sort it right out, its
always been a good friend to me.

Looking good though. Wishin you the best man

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I hope you don't mind me tagging along Big Eggy :). I have a White Widow as well and I'm very curious to see what she's about. I've seen some similarities with that of yours and it got me excited because yours is a real beauty..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
very nice grow, can't wait to see them flowering. those seedlings look really nice and strong. mine that are sprouted inside are always so thin and weak to begin with. good job and all the best for the season.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Thanks for all the encorragement guys!

Gaiusmarius my seedlings started under lights inside always tend to bolt.. they seem to like the wind early on.

SumDumGuy just checked your grow out very nice! i wish you the best of luck! Are yours brittle like mine? If you'v never grown it before you'll really like it.. Classic piney tast & nice tight nugz.. watch out for bud rot in high RH.

Dr.Euforia i was thinking about Electrical tape but any excuse to get out my loverly Felco No.2's and i'm chopping.. lol. I can highly recomend them if anyone wants a good set of secateurs, Swiss Made and you can send them back for a service plus they sell a complette list of spare parts. Pricey but you'll never buy another pair. Same goes for DeWitt hand tools (hand trowl, hand fork, claw etc) really well made high carbon steel.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Thanks for all the encorragement guys!

SumDumGuy just checked your grow out very nice! i wish you the best of luck! Are yours brittle like mine? If you'v never grown it before you'll really like it.. Classic piney tast & nice tight nugz.. watch out for bud rot in high RH.
Hi Big Eggy and thanks for checking out my grow :). At the moment she's over 9 months old and yes very brittle. I'm very careful moving those chutes around. I've been carefully monitoring her over the last few weeks and I'm seeing the first 5 fingered blades appearing. This leaded me to believe that she was accidentally flowered at some point by the owner but I've have her under 24/0 since I've been with her. I do see a possible mold issue with the buds since the internodal spacing is so tight but I'm hoping the 12/12 stretch would assist with respect to airflow on the flowers. I'm really looking forward to this flip and I appreciate your information Big Eggy :). Thank you brother..

Big Eggy

Veteran
A Quick Photo update.

Some of the older fan leave are looking a bit brown and spotty but i'm just putting this down the "wind and rain damage" a few weeks back. All new growth is looking fine.

The Kosen Rufu is a little less dark green than the White Widows but no so much that im concered about it yet.

Kosen Rufu - 07/06/11
picture.php

White Widow (A) - 07/06/11
picture.php

White Widow (B) - 07/06/11
picture.php

Eggy

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I can tell by their stalks that those ladies will be monstrous brother Big Eggy.. They look FANTASTIC!!

Big Eggy

Veteran
Cheers SDG, the Kosen Rufu is suffering from tip burn.. none of them have had any feeds yet so i'm stumped to what it might be??? The widows have nice white roots poking out the bottom of the pots but the Kosen Rufu has none. The only thing I can put it down to is we have had a lot of rain?? She's been trouble from the start.. Maybe just a fussy eater as her new growth isn't as dark green as the widow's. I did spray with 'bugoff' maybe it was that.. Will just keep an Eye on her for now.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hello all :)

This will be my last update untill i'm back from holiday... Looks like it gonna rain while i'm away so although that means i might have a bit of crappy weather down in Cornwall.. at least my plants will be ok, Last year it was a heat wave (was the same date last year).

The 21st of June marks the Summer Solstice so it'll be down hill from then on wards :)

The plants were starting to show signs of running out of food so last night i gave them all a good watering of Phostrogen NPK 14:10:27 with some added Epson Salts for Mg. I also added a 5ml / 5litres of lemon juice just to bring my pH down a bit. I know that my water is pH 7.5 but dont have the means to test it after the ajustment so just hope that it will bring it down a little.

I also found about 75ml of Canna PK 13/14 in the shed so will be using that when flowering is in full swing.

Kosen Rufu - 14/06/11
picture.php

White Widow (A) - 14/06/11
picture.php

White Widow (B) - 14/06/11
picture.php

Next full update will be 28/06/11 but i'll still be around while away using my phone to get online.

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
I'll try.. Will be the first holiday with the the full Family Unit.. got a 2year old boy and a 9Month Girl, It's gonna be tough but a week of surfing will chill me out what ever the lil'un's through at me.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
A new challenge ahead then!!!
Family holidays are something else but you will find out all about it, i am sure.
I wish all the best to the whole Family Unit ;)

rocket high

Veteran
Enojy your holiday Big Eggy ... sounds good and try and not worry about your plants too much .it'll piss with rain that's a given and your kosen does look fussy, some strains are like that, it might do better indoors but who knows.

mind send a postcard :)

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey rocket high, weather har been crap down here so i'm guessing back home is the same.. Surf has been awsome though. Today was sunny which was nice.. Just looking at my photo's to post up but all have the kids or mrs in them.. Will try and take some landscape shots tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest posts