What's new

white webby stuff in middle of bud ok to smoke?

dnabud

i think i have mold in my large white widow buds, it rained for a couple of days here and when i checked my crop this morning i found that all of the large buds had this white web looking stuff , also found some brown rot in center of one bud, i dont have a camera that will show this but i think it is mold and bud rot. as i am close to harvest i removed affected buds to start drying in effort to save unaffected parts of the buds. question i have is , is it ok to smoke or should i cut out and discard the affected parts?

MIway

Veteran
yeah... u'v got bud rot... botrytis.

interesting thing someone else posted a little bit ago... that this mold isn't dangerous to the human body...??? i always had assumed it was, but guess i never had proof. anyone got any study links... either way?

i'v heard that pm spores can cause respiratory problems for grape workers.

C

chefro420

Buddies pops passed away from a fungal infection . Not from smoking though .

Spores from mold , may cause allergic reactions in certain people . Other people with weakened immune systems also may be prone to infection from mold spores . Also some molds can produce toxins , which could be harmful if ingested . All depends on the species ...

Latest posts

Latest posts