What's new

White truffle s1 seeds worth 350$

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I just got burned by seed canary. Had one day sale, buy 2 get 1 free. Bought White Truffle and Glitter Bomb. Shipped overnight and arrived dry and looked bad. Fed and misted a bunch and Glitter Bombs improved, the White Truffle did not. After researching, it has stem canker. The freebie was another Glitter Bomb.

Lumpy-Gravy

That’s £270 for one pack of seeds. Wow wee. At that price point, in my own flawed logic, I want to be twice as happy and have a product two times better than the £100 seeds. Seems fair enough if you’re charging me double. However not one for fashions or owt I don’t fall into the hype traps. I like a nice banger with a nice cuppa tea. I don’t show my weed off. I don’t share or have anyone to share it with. I’ve no one to impress or win over. To me it just seems like buying a Porsche so you can be seen driving a Porsche. It’s flash and unnecessary but some folk don’t like riding the bus or driving a fiat and that’s fair do’s.
I’ve never paid that sort of money for a pack. The most I’ve paid was £80 for 3 fems. That was a bit of a let down simply because of price point. I could have got flowers like that from a £25 pack of ripper seeds or summat. Best seeds I’ve ever had were subscriber seeds from another forum for £20/25 for ten and usually get about 15 sometimes 20. Regs too so you can make yer own. Nowt like growing your own creations. Especially since I think breeders are given a little too much credence. Some deservedly so. Most are nothing more than shit being thrown at a wall and keeping what sticks.

3rdCoastReggie

Fresh coast was selling them for 100$ for the same truffle s1's. More recently they had gorilla butter (bx2?) for the same price. You can buy the breeder's cuts from him as well and his prices were pretty good.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Do not buy from seed canary. Knowingly sending infected clones. True POS.

Don't buy anything from seed canary. Real scumbag owner. Proved his cuts were infected with stem canker, refuses to refund, and now knowingly selling clones that will die within a month or so. Was White Truffle Beleaf cut and Glitter Bomb. Beleaf is selling those seeds for $150.

Last edited:

Ca++

If it's truly good, I will pay hundreds of a cutting. I have a plant I wouldn't sell out for that. Though you can buy the seeds I selected from, for normal prices. Basically, seeds are worth very little. It's after someone grows them all out, an runs them a few times, that you might find a keeper. Months of work, that takes up space, and usually gives a zero result. The outstanding plants come about every few years of constant effort. Making them worth real money. While seeds are just the beginning of another trial that's unlikely to be fruitful.

Some people obviously think a $350 seeds will give them many ounces of amazing gear. There is a certain mentality, that believes it must be better, because they are being charged more. So there is always going to be somebody happy to charge them enough to make them happy.

Loc Dog

Veteran
If it's truly good, I will pay hundreds of a cutting. I have a plant I wouldn't sell out for that. Though you can buy the seeds I selected from, for normal prices. Basically, seeds are worth very little. It's after someone grows them all out, an runs them a few times, that you might find a keeper. Months of work, that takes up space, and usually gives a zero result. The outstanding plants come about every few years of constant effort. Making them worth real money. While seeds are just the beginning of another trial that's unlikely to be fruitful.

Some people obviously think a $350 seeds will give them many ounces of amazing gear. There is a certain mentality, that believes it must be better, because they are being charged more. So there is always going to be somebody happy to charge them enough to make them happy.
Definently worth paying for top shelf clones over seeds. Problem is so many disreputable sellers. Selling diseased and infested cuttings. I really worry if they are just selling seed clones and saying they are elite cut. I would like to make thread for rating vendors good and bad. Researched a vendor here and a member said they got HLVd 2 years ago from them. Asked if that was before they started testing and said yes. I lost a years work from a vendor selling clones with spider mites from hell that advertised being clean of everything. Swore they got into sealed bag during shipping. When I first posted about it and mentioned strain they were on, 6 people PM'd me that they knew who I was talking about, so not a one time problem but sent them for at least a year.

Ca++

It's always a real risk bringing in peoples stuff. Bugbee works with a number of strains that carry the hops viroid. Generally you can't tell, unless the plant falls behind for some other reason. To think he has accepted some of his stock is something I wouldn't want near me, is a sign of what people think is acceptable.

I had a friend put up a tent to hold things while I moved. I was mortified to find someone else's plants crammed in with mine. A couple of crops later, mine started going downhill, and have never got back on track. I think he junked the lot, as there is just no other explanation.

Loc Dog

Veteran
It's always a real risk bringing in peoples stuff. Bugbee works with a number of strains that carry the hops viroid. Generally you can't tell, unless the plant falls behind for some other reason. To think he has accepted some of his stock is something I wouldn't want near me, is a sign of what people think is acceptable.

I had a friend put up a tent to hold things while I moved. I was mortified to find someone else's plants crammed in with mine. A couple of crops later, mine started going downhill, and have never got back on track. I think he junked the lot, as there is just no other explanation.
If I had money would go for pigtails clones, or if I could find 4 I thought were the best. They claim mothers tested 3 times a year for HLVD and post the reports, and all mothers were from tissue culture so less likely to have traces of mold that could blowup at a later point.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran

This right here is why I have only ever got one clone, it was a true thin mint girl scout cookie cut from the bay and let me tell you what I still to this day have not found anything that compares.my close friend paid 5k for one clone. Me an a few others were offered cuts from it for 500$. At 4k a elbow if I really liked you an 5k if I didnt, let's just say 2lb a month I was living the dream. Unfortunately I moved in the winter an lost all my mom's in the process 😭. By that time they were no longer selling thin mint cuts an my friend had very bad luck. They raided his mother/veg apartment😭😭😭 that true thin mint cut was the real cookies not these off brand in bred bs