What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Strains

myst

Hi all,
I posted this in another area with no replies. Maybe I can get some takers in here.
I’ve grown out the White Widow and I love the smoke. I’m thinking about purchasing some more White Widow, but now I’m thinking about trying some White Rhino or maybe some White Russian or even the Great White Shark. I was wondering if anyone out there has any experiences with these strains and maybe could offer some input.
How was the flavor? How was the high? What kind of yield did you get? What was the grow like (stocky, lanky, sensitive, etc)? Have you kept the strain in your garden? What seed company did the seeds come from? And feel free to add any other comments on the strain.
Also if I do decide to go with the White Widow, what seed company has the best?
Thanks in advance.

dsb100

always down to personal preference

always down to personal preference

Hi Myst
I love widow too.... but have had rhino and russian.... both grown by a fiend :yoinks: .... the russian was my favourite :woohoo: and the hash was superb :sasmokin: but it can be long spread out buds and a bit tooo stony for some.
and the rhino was nice dense nuggets but low yeild apparently ... :badday:
I suggest (a few people I know as well)

GypsyNirvana www.seedboutique.co.uk :wave: very friendly extremely helpful owner ! :woohoo:

Its all down to personal preference ...
I would try a few seed companies strains of the same names and then decided ..... Practise makes perfect!!
anyway hope it helped
PEACE
DSB

:jawdrop: :Bolt: _-_-_-> thats my bastard train!

myst

I absolutely enjoy the flavor and smell of the White Widow. The high was nice and smooth and long lasting. Yield is not that important with what I am looking for. This will be part of my connoisseur garden. The White Widow I grew was from the Sensi Seeds White Label.
Also I use seedboutique.
Thanks for the input.

BOZWELL

I grew female seeds ww and it blew me away I think it cost less than £20 for 4 female seeds and post and packing 100% germ rate all female no hermies
I did a smoke report, check it out

G

hi myst I too like the white strains. A good and easy one to grow is Nirvana's Ice. Doesn't need to veg for to long as it like's to stretch, but you still get a fantastic yield of densly sugar coated buds. It's probably the whiteist strain I've grown and even the most hardened smoker soon shuts up after a little bit of a spliff. Oh and it smells like fuel. Very powerful. - Stash

myst

Thanks for the input fellas. I guess not many people are growing the Rhino, Shark, or Russian. If I had the room in my garden, I’d grow them all.

I’ve always been hesitant with using a female seed, but with that price I think I might give them a go. Boz, was there much variation in the four plants you grew????

Anyone else out there with White experience, please feel free to add to the conversation.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MNS SharkShock is the potentest of those endless white lines , followed from SeriousSeeds WhiteRussian ..... others are crap IMHO fuzzy looking budz with hairs instead of glands , strange who bred a strain for white-ness ?
fj

BOZWELL

fjällhöga said:
MNS SharkShock is the potentest of those endless white lines , followed from SeriousSeeds WhiteRussian ..... others are crap IMHO fuzzy looking budz with hairs instead of glands , strange who bred a strain for white-ness ?
fj
I had rock hard ,red haired ,rezin drenched skunky buds that made me unable to speak with out stuttering and staring into space
it was white with rezin not hairs

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Nirvana, cant go wrong for the price. They have several White Strains. Like you I love the White Widow, she has a nasty bite. :sasmokin:

White Widow from Nirvana

Great smoke I still have my mother and Ill keep her until I cant keep her anymore. I have Snow White from Nirvana as well, might pop them sometime in the next decade. :smile:

Fat Albert

My Nirvana White Widow was pretty sweet, even though I ended up with only one female. The nugs were very small, but GREASY and WHITER than almost anything I'd ever seen before. The pheno was heavy on that disorienting nature that comes with the white strains. My M.D. friend referred to it as the 'hostage weed'. If I had found a female like that again that yielded more, I'd keep her as a mother in a heartbeat....

Fat A

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope as i know its the one and only original as he took the North Indian male away as he left GHS ......
Fj