What's new

White Russian Growers

41hope

Do any of you guys know how to get denser buds with White Russian? It seems to be a strain that is airy?

Hydropimp

Veteran
I had the Russian and grow it but did not get to finish and had to shut down. Am at a new spot and have some seedlings now.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Good question, I have a week left to go on a single WR, first time ever running it, looks like it might be just a touch on the airy side, I thought it was because it caught a little heat early in flowering, but maybe they're like that.

AKDrifter

I am finishing up my fourth run of SS WR. I use a 600w HPS and get HUGE colas on short stout plants. Definitely not airy bud, but not the most dense nugs either.

Its hard to say what you need to do to improve without additional info, but here's my set up. I run mine under a T5 until I get two leaves, then veg two weeks under a 400MH, then 70 days 12/12 under a 600w HPS, Botanicare nutes (the trio gro/bloom/liquid Karma). My soil is Promix BX, mixed the bail with about 5 bags FFOF and one Happy frog.

After tweaking my set up for a half dozen grows, I am completely happy with my results, not changing a thing any time soon. Very low tech set up, but works for me.

I always run about 4-6 of Serious WR and AK at the same time and this gives some very nice variety of great smoke. Serious seeds puts out some excellent quality genetics.

Hopefully this helps.

41hope

Mine looks just like your description. Do you haVe lots of Fox Tails? My WR looks just like the picture in High Times huge Colas but not dense like Kush or Sour Diesel. I assumed it was the AK in it cause AK looks as if it has similar qualities. What got me thinking: I went to a despensary & saw some AK that did not look like it High Times pic but was a dense cola.

komrade komura

White Russian Lesbian Midgets turns 30

White Russian Lesbian Midgets turns 30

Gotta agree that SS WR are a dream to grow.

In a cab..where heat and space are constant constraints, they are a great strain. But am in soil...very forgiving. 1/2 strength nutes and they are fine.

Such even genetics it was too hard to choose a loser when there were no runts. So I didn't cull any in veg....two are still in small square pots and producing single big dildo buds.

Mr. Frosty has started and they are beginning to fill out.

Will revisit this strain in about 12 weeks and find a long term mother.

Not much smell...unless touched. Got some wonder woman in a veg cab next to them that smell much stronger.

Thinking of giving them some molasses in a week or two to see if I can fatten em up near the end.

Serious Seeds is making this way easy.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 7

AKDrifter

Yeah man, in my experience you just can't go wrong with SS. In my four runs which was two packs of seeds I had 100% germ within 24hrs of soaking in moist paper towels, and the same for the SS AK-47.
Very stable, consistent , and potent. I did get a purple pheno that looked awesome but tasted a bit funky compared to the rest, but was still strong as hell.

Definitely take them to the 10 week mark if you want max stonage.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
check your lights. if all is OK there, check your genetics.

LOL, if it were only that simple.

I've found that genetics are probably the biggest factor, but lighting is not the #2. In my experience container size (and how efficiently you use it - IE: gradual "step-up" transplants to grow the root ball a little at a time) is the second most important factor in soil, probably more accurately called root development.

Also, in my current run I've discovered that HPS lights don't produce as tight nugs as 3K halides, which in my case are producing considerably stouter buds in Northern Skunk clones.

Still, at the end of the day, genetics are the biggest factor.

On another note this is my second run with SS AK-47 looking for a keeper, and I must say that most of the AK is a little leafier than what I expected, even though this round I deliberately ran it in a mix with low nutritive content and mucho perlite, still HUGE buds, no doubt about that. I'm on day 50 and the AK in my SCROG has buds almost the size of a mason jar.

PS: I'd love to see some pics of your white russian!

jm420

Veteran

Wr 70 days should of went 77 nice dense buds but its definately more of a commercial smoke versus connisuer,massive yeilder 1plant pulled 7 zippers under a 400

Bulldog501

i still have my WR bag in the vault but im looking forward to popping it soon
from what ive heard they aint airy and they should be a great commercial strain
with just slightly less yield than Chronic but better potency and taste

grapeman

Veteran
LOL, if it were only that simple.

I've found that genetics are probably the biggest factor, but lighting is not the #2. In my experience container size (and how efficiently you use it - IE: gradual "step-up" transplants to grow the root ball a little at a time) is the second most important factor in soil, probably more accurately called root development.

Also, in my current run I've discovered that HPS lights don't produce as tight nugs as 3K halides, which in my case are producing considerably stouter buds in Northern Skunk clones.

Still, at the end of the day, genetics are the biggest factor.

On another note this is my second run with SS AK-47 looking for a keeper, and I must say that most of the AK is a little leafier than what I expected, even though this round I deliberately ran it in a mix with low nutritive content and mucho perlite, still HUGE buds, no doubt about that. I'm on day 50 and the AK in my SCROG has buds almost the size of a mason jar.

PS: I'd love to see some pics of your white russian!

You're probably right. I've been vegging in air pots for some time now and the root system that develops have cured lots of transplant ills and I only have to do it one time. So now for me, it's lights and genetics. Or genetics and lights.

local

jm420 how long did you veg. and was that from clone or seed. I've got some WR going that I started about a month ago. Not sure what's up with my SS AK47 it doesn't look a thing like the pics. I've seen.

T

Tr33

Here's my WR tight dank connoisseur cannabis.
Yes there is an airy pheno that seems to be the dominant allele. There is also what I call the popsicle plant that buds as soon as it is put into 12/12 no stretch at all, hard to clone and slow veg growth.
The on in the pic has nice large tight colas grows many short side branches, quick stretch and heavy flower. Been a fav for awhile. I haven't run her in about 2yrs now. just keep trimming her back and feeding
I received these seeds from SS through Marco of Treating Yourself Mag way back during the first 6months when TY first started.

attachment.php

Attachments

• azmmc.jpg
    azmmc.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 10

local

Thanks jm420 for the reply. I'm gonna have to try DWC one of these days. the growth you can get is amazing. I've been reluctant for some reason to switch from soil.

T

Tr33

Here's a new mom growing out atm

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_3627.jpg
    100_3627.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_3626.jpg
    100_3626.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 12

grapeman

Veteran
There was some question as to my first post being flippant. Was not intended as so.

Truthfully, assuming your plants have all the nutes it needs and no more or no less, dense buds really do come down to lights ( wattage, placement and coverage) and genetics.

I really do think it as simple as that.

I have a white russian mom and am flowering 6 plants now and have 10 in veg. If they do not perform (yield, bud density and potency), I will throw the mother out and move on.

I have good tailored soil, great lights, good water and I understand how to grow a bit.

I have too many other strains that do perform to waste time on bad genetics.

Latest posts

Latest posts