What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Rhino x Pre-98 Bubba Kush FEM Cross - info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey mate that looks like an awesome plant- great job! - i think you're right she looks fine to finish as the colour is still dark green almost all over. Looks more WR dominant, glad you like the high... 'euphoric' is a good word - i found that some plants really had that 'electric' feeling whilst still being very relaxed and happy. thanks for posting... VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
yeah she grew better this time around VG. I really like this cross you made. I have a couple other lines from you, C4DDf2 and P98 Bubba s1 I purchased through BR. I noticed you have a NL WRs1grow going now and hope you can make enough seeds to distribute. I think my next run will be your C4DD which I have been looking forward to taste. Again, nice cross VG.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks, yeah the rhino crosses really well. the NLWR i would say is about as strong as bubba or even a bit less.. but the cross is stronger than both. it seems to add potency.. even to itself, the S1s i grew seemed more potent as well although i didn't really do them justice in my grow. yeah i hope to get more of those soon.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

I grew out 2 seeds over the summer and decided to run one of them because I really liked the flower. the plant i did not keep was also very good with a predominantly Bubba slant and heavy effect. this particular plant has some of the Bubba taste but its not in your face allowing a subtle skunky metallic taste to shine. The effect is mostly heady with a short lived bout of intense mental confusion followed by an outstanding euphoric sensation that slowly spreads throughout the body. While towards the end of the effect she feels very relaxed it never crosses into couch lock territory which I appreciate. The other plant was brutal in that respect and I was not looking for that at all. I really like that I can smoke this during the day and still function while getting high as f***k. Anyhow, this the the rhino bubba at week 6. I have had some issues with leaf curl when I first transplanted into the flowering container due to the rich soil but she adapted quickly and is now starting to ask for more nitrogen it seems by the look on her lower leaves. I just gave her a mild compost tea drench so I hope that is enough for her to finish.

Really nice jahaze I like the description of the high. I cut mine down today, this pheno I kept also has amazing euphoria. Mad time dilation too.

S

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2082593.jpg
    photo2082593.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 111
  • photo2082594.jpg
    photo2082594.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 107

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Very nice and frosty looking skunkfunk. Let us know how she smokes after the cure. Im at just over week 7 and i think i want to let mine go closer to 10 weeks this time around to see if the extra time shows anything new...i chopped her at the beginning of week 8 last run.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks great sf ! frosty even on the fans... nice colour as well.. how long has she gone?

VG

S

Nice one, this is the keeper I found because of its outstanding effect. As a seed plant it went 71 days but from clone is done at 60 days which I like. It fades to a lovely yellow, red and purple on the shades. The buds have dark purple calyx too. The high after a couple of weeks in the jars is fantastic. It gets you totally wrecked with massive euphoria making you feel so good. It’s trippy too in terms of time dilation and vision effects. The duration is good too og up to 4 hours after a blunt. I kept it because of the effects but it’s the lowest yielder out of the plants I flowered. I have a sticky male black afghani ( USC ) that I’m going to pollinate it with and then back cross to the mum again for stability. Should be fun.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks sf for the detailed rundown, 60 days is pretty polite.. will be interested in what happens with the bx... the effects of the WR in crosses has been a bit of a revelation to me, still learning about it but it seems to really make everything more intense and potent.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Day 58 Flower.

So the plant is starting to ripen quickly now and I inspected the resin and notice all cloudy with about 25% amber and zero clear glands. On the last run this was about the time i chopped it but i will let it go longer and maybe take a few of the tops to start enjoying her sooner. The plants outward appearance suggest she is not ready but the tricomes tell a different story. My plan is to stretch flowering to 70 days but I'm not sure if she will be past peak by then...I dont enjoy heavy narcotic type effects as much as some people do so I am still undecided. Anyhow, the resin heads are huge and the stalks are of varying height but really sturdy looking. I tried to take a picture that shows how the resin sparkles like gemstones when the light hits it just so but was not successful. Any visible space between nodes has disappeared as she continues to swell producing nice fat colas. She definitely has enough energy to finish so its just been water for past 10 days and I am letting the runoff drain away without letting it collect to encourage fading.

20211102_132639.jpg
20211102_132716.jpg
20211102_133100.jpg
20211102_132750.jpg
20211102_132732.jpg

Attachments

• 20211102_132639.jpg
    20211102_132639.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20211102_132750.jpg
    20211102_132750.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 20211102_132716.jpg
    20211102_132716.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20211102_132732.jpg
    20211102_132732.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20211102_133100.jpg
    20211102_133100.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 81

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats a killer looking plant! - and you are right she has filled in beautifully. The NLWR has huge resin glands so i guess they come from there.. The green colour looks a little bit lighter than last pics and i reckon she will finish beautifully. great work mate!

VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Day 65. Unfortunately I have to cut down one week shy of my 10 week goal. I am leaving town for a long weekend and did not want to risk going over so I'm taking her a bit early. I believe the week 5 nutrient tea i gave her pushed the harvest window up as she still has plenty of energy to go 77 days no problem. The trichs are cloudy and she has more amber than just a couple days ago so in terms of ripeness I know she is ready...I just wanted more fading. The aroma has changed a bit from the last time with more sweetness and an unrefined petro or plastic type smell competing with a skunky odor. Looking at the leafy plant you'd think she would be a pain to trim but she was super easy. Fan leaves had minimal resistance to snapping off and the scissors bounced of the dense flower with no problem. The plant did reek something fierce this time around and had my eyes watering from those volatile terp releasing during the trim. I only took the top 2/3 of the plant since she gave me 5 nice fat branches to work with. Structurely this plant was different than her sister and I believe the better brancing and flavor are from the WR, however the BK influence is apparent. A fine mix of both parents I would say. Anyhow, I am looking forward to trying her again and after a good cure I'll let you all know how she turned out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211111_112636.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.2 KB ID:	17988549
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211111_112636.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.2 KB ID:	17988549
20211111_195814.jpg
20211111_195647.jpg

Attachments

• 20211111_112222.jpg
    20211111_112222.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 84

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow that is such an impressive plant jahaze ! i agree it looks to lean more towards the rhino but yes there is still something bubba even about the leaves when you look hard. yield looks impressive. thanks for posting.
VG

Wotcha

Quick pic of mine at 3 weeks flower to show structure (4 week veg). Stretched over 2x going from 8.5" at flip to 28.5" in a 3l organic soil grow. Narrow columnar growth, great for a SOG set up. Cutting taken at week 2 of flower rooted in less than a week. Looking at Jahaze's grow will definitely top when I run it again. Absolutely covered in greasy trichs too.

Verdant Green White Rhino x Bubba Kush 20230902.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @Wotcha , i thought i'd already replied to this so i'm sorry for the late response. That looks lovely and great to hear that it rooted quickly like the WR mother!
Plant looks great, thanks for posting the pic and please let us know how it finished up.
VG :tiphat:

Hi all, i'm testing out this cross i made around a year ago. The White Rhino is a UK cut that originates in North London so i was told. Very cheesy pungent smell with a little of the WR 'metallic' smell in the background. Its a big favorite amongst those who get to smoke my gear.
the bubba is my pre-98 cut which is tried and tested.

if all goes well with the grow i have enough of these seeds to release a couple of batches
here are the seedlings, 5/5 germination, about 2 weeks old. Nothing much to see as yet.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Hi sir I know this is old thread but would you happen to have any beans of this left

stunkfrunk

Sound VG, I had a keeper a few years from the first grow. It’s in pic above just before I deleted from here. We lost the clone kept when I was away on business and thrips had their way and sucked the life out of it. It was better than some clone only’s I’ve had over the years. Just amazing. Anyway I did have 2 seeds left from 2 pks. I only germinated them some weeks ago.

Here they are in the veg tent.

Attachments

• 81ECD3E2-C819-4366-8D6E-A08A7F4EB799.jpeg
    81ECD3E2-C819-4366-8D6E-A08A7F4EB799.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 49