What's new

White House Drug Czar Speaks to Legalization

Balazar

They lie about everything just to gain support. Thats why they told "Christian Science Monitor" that it would never happen. If they had been talking to a bunch of hippies in an election year they would tell them that legalization is right around the corner. First rule of living in the United States.

#1. DO NOT TRUST THE GOVT!

They will tell you any lie no matter how insulting to your intelligence if they think it will make you vote for them. After the votes are in; this issue will be decided by who has more money for uncle sam. I doubt it will be the Christian Churches votes that inspire that govt official to do what they want but rather who is offering the most money.

Also I want to point out that the editors of Christian Science Monitor obviously care more about the doctrine of the republican party than they do about what it says in the bible. They support outlawing one of gods greatest creations because the "good guys at fox news" say its bad. They claim to have a study that proves marijuana is bad, but then they just put forth speculation about impaired motors skills and dependence on the drug. But none of these things are sited. Also they just took one quote “Marijuana legalization – for any purpose – is a nonstarter in the Obama administration,” said Mr. Kerlikowske, and wrote a 2 page essay about it and their personal view of anti-legalization. You can click a link at the very end to read the actual speech. This is why I don't go to church. I can think for my self thank you. I'm not just another one of the sheeple.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
America, YOU GOT PUNKED!! AGAIN. x100,000,000

When will wake up and start holding these crooks accountable?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah, I think any legalization talk in California will be quelled when the DEA/FDA step in and say "no it's illegal to legalize a Schedule I drug." We have work to do at the top before such measures can be undertaken locally.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
This is ridiculous. We've got US officials being murdered in Mexico, and Obama is outraged. Is it so hard to see that cartels wouldn't exist if they didn't have a black market to cater to?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Is it so hard to see that cartels wouldn't exist if they didn't have a black market to cater to?

not hard to see at all...

problem is, if they legalize, how then will the politicians and associated mafias milk that black-market cow?

those who can put an end to the black-market will not do it, because they constructed the artificial black-market in the first place to their own 'advantage'.

there should be a proposition to file criminal charges against anyone opposing the destruction of the drug black-market, that could be a good start.

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
shit if they legalized it.. then who would they have to rape and rob to fund their wars.. we live in a fucked up country

flatcurve

This is ridiculous. We've got US officials being murdered in Mexico, and Obama is outraged. Is it so hard to see that cartels wouldn't exist if they didn't have a black market to cater to?

But what are all those cops going to do when they don't have a job? The unemployment numbers are bad enough under Obama's watch, I'm sure he doesn't want to add thousands of narcs to those tallies ;)

deesgirl

Yeah we live in a fucked up country, but I wouldn't want to live in ANY other country... All Gov'ts are corrupt and crooked and those gov'ts are what make countries fucked up.

maharaji

Of Course the first Black President won't legalize anything...You think he's gonna come with some Afro hair and Pfunk in the background to announce MJ is legal???Never on his watch...

"Won't get fooled again" they said...

johnnyla

Veteran
well, "we got fooled again". er, well i didn't.

anyone who thinks Obama is going to do anything supportive of this movement is smoking some Obama Weed. (where do i sign up?)

Obama is not going to pull out of Afganistan or Iraq.
He will not pass Universal Healthcare. Millions will still get LEFT BEHIND with the new plan.
Obama is not going to save the economy.
Obama is not going to do anything for Cannabis.

If any of the above are dealbreakers for you i'm sorry you got PUNKED. sucks being a sucka.

i voted for RON PAUL.

Charybdis

It's not going legal at the federal level until at least half of the states have medical. That should be obvious. Keep in mind that, other than Alaska, no states have made recreational use legal. I'd say we're at least a decade away from fully legal recreational use, if that.

daves4usc

Damn, alaska has made recreational use legal? wtf have I been doing the last ten years. I need to move to AK. I like cold, I like snow, I like weed. Dont care too much for Palin but shes pretty much gone now. *lookin for job in AK*

A

Amstel Light

Yeah, I think any legalization talk in California will be quelled when the DEA/FDA step in and say "no it's illegal to legalize a Schedule I drug." We have work to do at the top before such measures can be undertaken locally.

Yea this will be the time for the real fight....sad we have to wate for a defunct state like cali to lead the fight

well, "we got fooled again". er, well i didn't.

Obama is not going to pull out of Afganistan or Iraq.
He will not pass Universal Healthcare. Millions will still get LEFT BEHIND with the new plan.
Obama is not going to save the economy.
Obama is not going to do anything for Cannabis.
UL.
always have to bash huh...

first health care reform will pass
second yea he has to save an economy ruined by the chimp....
third again fixing wars that were created for bomb makers etc. by the chimp....
and finally besides carter he has said more about the weed than any other pres. .....

and if he does not then i hope R.Paul creates his own party I will vote for him...but as long as he is a republican they(gop) will never support him, soooo waste your vote again....and stay tuned to fox news they really love Paul....

Charybdis

Damn, alaska has made recreational use legal? wtf have I been doing the last ten years. I need to move to AK. I like cold, I like snow, I like weed. Dont care too much for Palin but shes pretty much gone now. *lookin for job in AK*

You're allowed to cultivate up to 24 plants, and keep up to a quarter pound of usable smoke at any time. The downside (depending on your perspective) is you're in Alaska. They also have the highest percentage of regular users of any state (probably due in part to the legal status).

toohighmf

Veteran
shit if they legalized it.. then who would they have to rape and rob to fund their wars.. we live in a fucked up country

I think the GOV depends on Heroin and cocaine to help fund all of their wars. Cannabis,, not so much. you think we're burning down ''all" the poppy fields in afghanistan???

A

Amstel Light

They also have the highest percentage of regular users of any state (probably due in part to the legal status).

what they are not all hooked on smack or coke by now? I THOUGHT THE HERB WAS A GATEWAY DRUG? according to the drug warriors BS, Alaska should be a state of raving drug addicted lunatics ? btw msnbc is about to air some shit on weed...

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The War on Drugs

The War on Poverty

The War on Terror

These are wars against YOU. The government declared war on we the people a long time ago, but we are all too happy to believe whatever they tell us because of "American Exceptionalism."

Politician- "uh, it's in your best interest. Yeah that."

Voter- Oh, OK. Well he is a government official. It must be true!

If the government is at war with you, then you are by default the enemy that must be destroyed. That is what war is.

And the sheep are lead to slaughter.

toohighmf

Veteran
The War on Drugs

The War on Poverty

The War on Terror

These are wars against YOU. The government declared war on we the people a long time ago, but we are all too happy to believe whatever they tell us because of "American Exceptionalism."

Politician- "uh, it's in your best interest. Yeah that."

Voter- Oh, OK. Well he is a government official. It must be true!

If the government is at war with you, then you are by default the enemy that must be destroyed. That is what war is.

And the sheep are lead to slaughter.

CAN I GET AN AMEN??!!

Latest posts

Latest posts