What's new

White House 2013 National Drug Strategy Released

Jhhnn

Veteran
what is a second class life?
what is the difference between the D and the R?

There's not as much difference as I'd like, but there is a difference.

States with less oppressive pot laws aren't "Conservative" Republican strongholds, while the most oppressive definitely are....

Look for a Republican filibuster in the US Senate if this ever makes it out of the Repub controlled HOR-

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22524429

Repubs only wave the States' Rights banner when they're seeking more local oppression, not less.

Sheesh.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I wish there was some way we could have seen Mitt Romney run America, without him actually running America. Like a parallel universe or something. Just for laughs. I wonder if America would be even slightly different. I was all for Obama, but so much for "change".

That's not really fair to say of any President. Not that I'm saying it would be all that much better if Obama did get more of his way with Congress but if the executive branch is blocked by partisan politics in the legislative branch, is it really fair to blame the president alone for the state of affairs? Yes yes I know we all love to say that the buck stops with the President but do you honestly believe there is anything short of giving the republicans everything they want with nothing in return that will change the situation in the house? Ignoring the fact that such legislation would not be likely to pass support in a Democratically controlled Senate. Do you think there was any way Bush Jr could have gotten all he wanted when he faced a similar situation?

I mean I fail to see how the direction of our country in the last decade or so can be blamed solely on two men especially when neither of them were or are being allowed to achieve the goals they campaigned on. I doubt those goals would have made a difference for the better but the fact of the matter is the President doesn't have the ability to do much if no bills make it to him to be signed. All he has is executive power which if he uses too much he gets accused of being a dictator or abusing his powers.

We all seem to know about the corruption in government, we whisper about it in our little groups we form, where we talk about the powers that be and how they really control things. Yet when we see it play out to it's ultimate extent by yielding a government such as we have now. We all blindly point to the president and say it's all his fault. Which is exactly what the powers that be want and is how they've turned the Office of The President of The United States into little more then a figurehead.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I mean I fail to see how the direction of our country in the last decade or so can be blamed solely on two men
It shouldn't. To do so is to exhibit extreme naivety.

Presidents are just public punching bags for we the peasants to yell at. The fact that we are so distracted by the sideshow of insignificant characters is the reason we keep going in the same direction decade after decade.

Time after time the people are given the illusion of choice between two characters campaigning on empty rhetoric that stirs the masses.

Eventually, they fail and everyone gets mad at them with the corporatist media acting as the circus ringmaster. The real work of the collectivists that own Wall Street, the Fed, and the government goes on unabated decade after decade.

When the American people finally grasp the concept that there is no fundamental difference between the Red and Blue team they will recognize their political system for the corrupt failure it is and only then will be begin to see real change.

Until the US can get past the propaganda and culture of idolatry of a President we will continue to chase our tails, give up what little freedom is left, and cheer for our own destruction.

devilgoob

Veteran
Evidence-based?

Well, for one they have multiple patents for it.

I am sure dependence isn't the issue. I can't not have caffeine one day.

It can't be chemical dependence...I feel alright not smoking. No seizures like if you would quit alcohol or Xanax cold.

No overdose unless eating, and by overdose I mean the real definition of overdose which means you go past the therapeutic effect and your side effects are increased too much.

There is no lethal dose.

You would not go broke spending your money on it if it were legal.

Stress is a killer- marijuana relieve stress.

it can make you crazy FASTER if it's too heady,sativa, done in soooradic spurts due to Prohibition, paranoia due to the prohibition .................IF YOU already had been nuts.

It has 80 different terpene phenol anti-oxidants. they did a study ...anti-oxidants do work but not a lot singly. they seem to work when you have an amalgam of them no other plants that I can think of has over 80 different anti oxidants .

The seeds contain a list of nutrients that you"d think "fortified".

lastly, I have seen three people die of alcohol in my life. my sister has been in alcohol-related crashes. my friend who used to meth....now just does pot. another is off the pills. another one uses marijuana to cut back on his drinking because drinking is addictive and your life fades.

but with pot it brightens you up, enables you to go through life worries without shutting down and becoming an alcoholic or a pill head

Sorry for.da grammar, I'm on a touch phone