What's new

White box (2x150hps, 4sq ft)

Propoline

Hey there microgrowers :wave:

I have this two years old thread, now moved to vert section, where I wanted to document current grow, but since this is new cab now, I thought, why not start fresh, here in micro section.
I only have one finished indoor crop under my belt for now, that was grown 2 years back, under 1x150hps in my rented place. It was small apartment, so the cab was made to fit in there, but now I'm on my own, and that thing don't fit anywhere, so I had to get me something new. Gave the old one to a friend & designed this TV standing/computer desk cab for me :jump:

Flower:
57x65x79cm (WxDxH)
2x150hps on digital ballasts
4x11l pots

Veg:

57x65x79cm (WxDxH)
4x55W PL-L
Beer cups-5l pots

Ventilation&Odor:
Elicent 125
CAN 100 scrubber
Couple PC fans

Genetics:
Mandala Seeds

Medium&Nutes:

Soil, BioBizz

It all started like this...front side (units are mm)
picture.php

Side view...on the back side are double walls for passive intakes
picture.php

Here it is, made by a friend
picture.php

picture.php
:bashhead:

Last edited:

Propoline

Quick rewiew on whats been going on last month

Quick rewiew on whats been going on last month

Along with my old cab, I gave that friend also some seeds, he popped some of them, and for now got one female Sadhu. I got 4 clones from that plant, which are already 1 week into 12/12

7/3/10 - taken cuts, no root booster
picture.php

18/3/10
- already growing :jump:
picture.php

27/3/10
- transplanted from 0.5l cup to 11lpot, and they went under hps...topped on 24/3
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

1/4/10 - day 1 of 12/12...for now theres only one hps burning, when the girls get bigger, i will fire up the 2nd one
picture.php

picture.php

Propoline

How we stand today

How we stand today

Well, the girls seem to be happy and healthy in those big pots. They are really takin off now. Becoming bushier day by day. Will probbably have to start training them around the cooltube soon.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And this is what my goals are.....pics are from my first grow under single 150hps, two plants (Kalichakra&White Satin)

See ya :wave:

Propoline

Propoline

mmmcake - im glad you like it, sorry for now dont have any pic of everything opened&running. In the veg part there are some Durban clones waitin to be sexed for OD.

Fuzz420 - Tnx mate....hehe, will see if is able to produce some buds or it will just look nice, and hold my tv&comp hehe :p.

----------------------------------

And this is , how we are going to play around, with them ladies

picture.php

This is gonna be some sort of v-scrog, but i wont be using any net, just this "plastic wire". All useful starched lower secondary growth will be trained, on lower third of the plants at bottom light... the main top colas will be surrounding the top one. Hopefully :)

Propoline

We are now on day 12 of 12/12. I noticed first hairs 3 day ago, so this is day 3 of flower. The stretch seems to stop a bit, in last few days, so I might get through with their final height. Still got another 15-20cm till they hit top of the cab.

Few shots
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

L

lowrydergrower

Wow they seem to be loving the light, is that a diy cool tube?

Cannastan

wow propoline your set-up is awesome, your plants are awesome too! i'm very impressed, this thread is an inspiration and it sends the message out that anything can be accomplished. if ya don't mind, what area of the world are you from? Rep rep rep, Good Luck!

Propoline

gr8fulbud - tnx for droppin by&nice words

lowrydergrower - they seem to like it, but wait till I fire the second bulb. The fun is almost here:). Yes, that is DIY cooltube.....I bought the tube in chemical lab store. Its 125mm in diameter and 300mm long.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Toyot4 - tnx mate, actually the yield from single 150 was real good. It came out little over 120g with 2 plants. Heres some pic from my old cab

some training...

my second run in old cab had to be canceled, but started like this. I was trying 16 plant "SOG"

#1cheesebuds - thank you very much sir :wave:

Cannastan - tnx for kind words, lets hope theyll stay healty&happy till end. I would be more than honored if someone gets some inspiration from this little thing :). Im from Europe, details are under my avatar :p

See ya :wave:

Propoline

L

lowrydergrower

looking good man, what is that fan rated at? I think I am going to have to make me one of those cool tubes how cool does your box run with both the lights running?

Propoline

Its just standard 12cm PC fan, dont know what are its spec. Ive hoked up the second light yesterday, and monitored temps when the lights were on...and high they are, around 33°C. Dont now what I was thinkin :bashhead:. Looks like the passive exhaust isnt enough to keep the temps in normal range. All the heat was accumulating inside grow area. So I modified ventilation a little over the day.

I bought this plastic bucket with lid, and my scrubber perfectly fit in it. cut out hole for Y piece, which im going connect with cooltube. hopefully that will suck out the heat a bit more and Ill get lower temps.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ill will also have to remake the cool tube, wiil be using this piece below, to direct air sideway

picture.php

...more after the lights get on....

:wave:

L

lowrydergrower

mmm hope the modifications help with the temps, any idea where I can get a tube like yours?

Propoline

Day16 of 12/12

Day16 of 12/12

#1cheesebuds, :thank you:, you made me blush, but cant see whats so special about it, or it might be just me&my professional deformation. I sure did try to give all the best of me. Can luckily say, that HAD some serious heat issues, which almost jeopardised the whole grow, but looks we are on a roll now :jump:

mmmcake... hehe you got it right, it does help, but it took me 5 hours yesterday, for mods of a cooltube, weiring & stuff, but becouse temps stayed almost the same, had to modified that too :bashhead:. Check below, what rookie mistakes I making, hehe

lowrydergrower, I got my in a local chemistry lab store, but it was quite expensive, I gave around 70€ for it :bashhead:, and now with 2 bulbs is too short :(. My advise is, to just go and buy a regular 400W CT if you have the space for it.

christoph'sbud, thank you for kind words, stick around all the fun is just beginning

--------------------------------------------

As mentioned before, i had some serious heat issues with just passive exhaust, so i hoked up the CT directly on to my fan. But I did make a rookie mistake, and hanged the open end of CT at bottom, cause I already have hole at top on side wall of cab, and was just lookin for the shortest way for hose to go out of the grow chamber. So since the intake is right below it, all the fresh air was quickly sucked out, and the temps stayed almost the same.

picture.php

Today was another day for action :) , and now i decided to do it the RIGHT way :jump:. I turned the CT around, so the fresh air must go up, and at same time all the heated gets sucked out. I also moved the cab for an inch away from te wall, so the air gets easier in. With last mods, after 4 hours running temps are just 2 degrees above the ambient temps :jump::jump:, but I also noticed that whole thing, brings up my ambient temps for couple degrees over night when running. Will save some money in winter months on heating :).
Now that I see, that this is working OK, I will cut out new round hole on the rihgt wall, so that hose will go out just horizontaly, above the pots. This way Ill be able to dispose all that needless hose, that takin space them babies.

picture.php

On to the ladies.....they are on day 16 of flower cycle, and started to bud a little. they also stretched more than they should in last 4 days, and are now milimmeters away from hitting the ceiling. But I think that was my fault, cause they had big temp variation with lights on/off, and they stretched more than they would, if the environment was stable.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Packing them beck in
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

When the lights get on :)
picture.php

Almost there :bashhead: