What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whiskeyriots first grow - lowryders!!

NG2k

looks good mate, check out my old Lowryder diary on here.
are the lowryder number 2? because they should have shown sex by now if they are original lowryder, i know JD made another batch called lowryder #2 not sure if they were exactly the same as LR original tho.
its good you got a new space too mate.
:joint:

G

whiskeyriot said:
they've been demoted to the back of the box until they do something to excite me. LIKE BEING FEMALE DAMNIT.

haha that had me lol'ing over here. I feel your pain man, GL with the grow! :woohoo:

whiskeyriot

NG2k said:
are the lowryder number 2? because they should have shown sex by now if they are original lowryder, i know JD made another batch called lowryder #2 not sure if they were exactly the same as LR original tho.

:joint:

They are original lowryder... they probably have shown their sex, i just cant see it.. i dont have a magnifying glass but i think i see balls.

whiskeyriot

R.I.P Poo and Wee... poo was uprooted this morning and is laying limp on my computer desk... while wee is still in a pot on my computer desk so i can watch him die slowly.

4 NEW seeds have been planted... Einy Meenie Miny and Moe.

whiskeyriot

The 4 new seeds have all sprouted.....

now i just have to wait another 25 days until they look like this...

one of the horrible boys i grew currently wilting on my computer desk.

G

you got a lot of males, be sure to save a good one for your female for more seeds.

lowryders are expensive.

whiskeyriot

i gotta get at least one female from the four seedlings... i hope by the time i harvest and grow a different strain Blue Streak is 100% autoflowering... i love blueberry and i really wanna grow some lowryder hybrids.

whiskeyriot

well its been about 12 days or so since they all sprouted and they're doing alright.

one of them is deformed and grows one smaller leaf on every set of new ones, dont know why

here are some pics.

Last edited:

whiskeyriot

Going away for christmas

Going away for christmas

i have to go away for christmas... this presents a problem.... :chin:

22nd - 27th... thats a whole 5 days... :yoinks:

obviously im not going to keep the light on as i dont want to come back to the ashes of what was once my house...

the question is, do we think they can cope with being in the dark for 5 days and getting a little thirsty?... :confused:

im sure in the long run it means that i'll set my harvest time back by a few weeks or so, which to be honest.. im not that bothered about.. i just dont want them to die.

i did a small experiment with the males i got last time i grew lowryders and they seemed to cope without water and decent light for at least 3-4 days before they started to wilt.. and then even after that only after about 2 weeks did the leaves go crispy.

Lemon

For the water problem, you could feed them with a wick. They make "vacation pots" that work on this principle: basically you fill a resivoir at the bottom full of water and there is a strip of cloth material that goes from the water to the bottom inside of the pot. As the soil dries, water migrates up the wick, keeping the soil moist. They are very cheap to buy.. or you can make your own. I believe some people water thier plants like this full time.. so theres probably some more info if you do a search.

For the light. could you just throw a desk lamp or something over them for the time being. A typical desk lamp left on for a few days probably doesnt have much chance of buring down your house or anything.. and it will offer a marginal but steady supply of energy.. better than dark anyways

G

Yeah, i would agree with Lemon. Leaving them in the dark for five days doesnt sound like a great idea. just water them really well, give them as much water as big as the containers are (1 gal?), i think they would be fine that small for 5 days depending on how much they drink. hope i could help. lookin good otherwise.

whiskeyriot

ahhh yeah Lemon! i remember my friends parents doing this with bonsai tree's... they left them next to a bowel of water with a cloth going from the water to the soil in the plant pot... that sounds like a great idea thanks alot!

im going to see if i can find a small coiled CFL type thing to give them some sort of light.

Last edited:

whiskeyriot

A FREAK!!!

A FREAK!!!

THIS little ( hopefully ) girl has THREE yes count them THREE sets of leaves where there should only be two?! what am i to do with this freak?...

maybe it'll produce more bud because of this... :chin:

Interesting plant whisky, keep it, sometimes the freaks are some choice smoke unless its a male. Another idea for keepin your plants watered while your away is to fill up a 1 gallon milk jug with water, run a airline like the ones used for fishtanks from the jug to the pots. Keep the end of the line plugged but poke holes in it so it slowlys drip into your pots. Lookin forward to watch you grow and see how that freak turns out dude.

whiskeyriot

Day 21: two little girls

Day 21: two little girls

Day 21.
WOOHOO, i have 2 girls.. and one of them is the freak... 3 leaves grow in a triangle instead of 2 on each side... so hopefully i'll get 3 bud sites... i have transplanted them both into bigger pots and given them a drink.

also i didnt realise how grubby reflectors get.. so i gave that a good wipe.

its wierd, all the males i've got have looked exactly the same.. they all grow really fast and really tall and the leaves are big and fat, whereas the female leaves are thin, long and quite small.

the first male announced itself really early with balls on every node that seemed to appear overnight!

here are the girls side by side in their permenant homes.

Last edited:

Lemon

Sweet, you got a triple node.

This store / breeder in my city has the nuts to sell a strain with triple sets of leaves stabilized for $10,000 a pack. It's supposed to increase yield by 1/3rd (well, technically, by 50%.. 3 being 50% more than 2). Hopefully it brings you a nice yield :)

NG2k

u will definitely get three budsites on that plant unless of course one shoot doesnt get enough nutes and decides to stop growing...
all the best :wink:

whiskeyriot

triple nodes eh, maybe i'll try and breed it with the male i havnt killed yet and see if i get another one, although.. that means there wont be as much bud... but hey if im getting 50% more then maybe i can afford to grow some seeds!

NG2k

yeah, sounds great in theory.
not sure whether breeding that triplet will mean the seeds are triplets or even 50% triplets.... lowryder are always handy to breed tho, as you cant clone/reveg etc etc so it would still be worth doin.
seeds take 6 weeks from when you pollinate them, so if your patient you could try it.
and yes yeild would be affected aswell. still, youve got 2 plants.
its your choice.......

Latest posts

Latest posts