What's new

which strains actually taste good when eaten

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

When you're missing the facts... a lot of things will look stupid. :tiphat:

Stay Safe! :tree:

The fact is, you wont get high from eating raw bud. And it will fuck up your digestive tract if you eat a significant amount of any green part of the plant raw. Hemp seeds are very good for you, but comparing canna to vegetables is moronic. Have you ever seen an animal that has eaten a canna plant? They are not at all comfortable.

Feel free to post a link to any peer reviewed study that suggests canna is healthy when eaten raw. If you cant, then your 'facts' are really just conjecture.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
can you post any studies that suggest raw cannabis is unhealthy ? just curious as I have been eating raw canabis for years with no ill effects.

EDIT: I have seen deer,Rabit,Rats eat my plants

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thunk is actually quite tasty with olive oil.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
can you post any studies that suggest raw cannabis is unhealthy ? just curious as I have been eating raw canabis for years with no ill effects.
Same here...

There used to be a website called eatcannabisraw.com or something. Had a ton of info on the nutritional value of cannabis (when properly ground/processed), including info on what could be found in the male flowers.

Eating it raw? Not leaves without grinding and making a puree out of it first. The buds are fine. :D Though my Sweet Diesel should be good for folks looking for a waxy film on their teeth. LOL

Peer reviewed? Whatever. LOL I can find plenty of peer reviewed shit as well. Doesn't mean I want to step in it. Thanks :D

Stay Safe! :tree:

praisehim.

Veteran
facts

facts

The Flowers:
The highest concentration of electron rich, alkanising, anti-oxident, Cannabinoids are found within the bract. The bract holds the seed, which together comprise the fruit of eternal life, botanicaly known as an achene. So why does ingesting Hemp flowers get most people into a state of ecstatic spiritual bliss? Well firstly there is the fact that you are feeding your body with a perfect balance of essential nutrients, but what really starts blissing you out is when you activate the Cannabinoid receptors. The CB1 Cannabinoid receptor system was only discovered by scientists in the early 1990’s and are located primarily within the brain, mainly in the frontal cortex (which controls thought), the hippocampus (the centre for memory) the cerebellum and basal ganglia (which coordinate motion) and the limbic system (which affects emotions). There are also CB1 receptors on the spinal cord. When THC is ingested it is metabolised by the liver and converted into 11 hydroxy THC which enters the blood stream and sooner or later crosses the blood brain barrier and binds to the CB1 Cannabinoid receptors, activating the release of Dopamine - the ‘bliss drug’ which gets you ‘high’. In 1992, the Scientist who first isolated THC, discovered an endogenous (naturally occurring) Cannabinoid called ‘ananadamide’. The brain also creates another Cannabinoid called 2-arachidonylglycerol (2-AG). The effects of these endogenous Cannabinoids are similar to THC, and other animals also have CB1 Cannabinoid receptor systems. THC is just one of sixty or so Cannabinoids, all of which, I feel have healing properties. The scientific analysis of these is still being conducted. Not only does the ingestion of Cannabinoids bring us into a state of divine spiritual bliss, it does wonders for the physical body. As plants grow they absorb the Sun’s photon light energy and through the magical alchemical process of photosynthesis convert this into electron rich chlorophyll and unique to the Hemp plant, the super electron rich Cannabinoids of which Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the most electron rich molecule in the plant kingdom. As Cannabinoids are ingested they seek out free radical damage (such as tumours and cancers) and rebuild the body on a cellular level bringing us back to our perfect design self. THC also mimics the action of Estradiol, a hormone responsible for healing nerve and brain damage.

also note - thc is not water soluble, thats why butter and fats work so well. but, depending on what you've eaten the effects will differ. sometimes you wont even get high. but as far as healthy, cannabis is. but you can get the same nutrients from other fruits and vegetables.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome post man, really good info :)

Chop up some kind fresh bud and mix it in your mashed potatoes with butter & garlic mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :woohoo:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Flowers:
The highest concentration of electron rich, alkanising, anti-oxident, Cannabinoids are found within the bract. The bract holds the seed, which together comprise the fruit of eternal life, botanicaly known as an achene. So why does ingesting Hemp flowers get most people into a state of ecstatic spiritual bliss? Well firstly there is the fact that you are feeding your body with a perfect balance of essential nutrients, but what really starts blissing you out is when you activate the Cannabinoid receptors. The CB1 Cannabinoid receptor system was only discovered by scientists in the early 1990’s and are located primarily within the brain, mainly in the frontal cortex (which controls thought), the hippocampus (the centre for memory) the cerebellum and basal ganglia (which coordinate motion) and the limbic system (which affects emotions). There are also CB1 receptors on the spinal cord. When THC is ingested it is metabolised by the liver and converted into 11 hydroxy THC which enters the blood stream and sooner or later crosses the blood brain barrier and binds to the CB1 Cannabinoid receptors, activating the release of Dopamine - the ‘bliss drug’ which gets you ‘high’. In 1992, the Scientist who first isolated THC, discovered an endogenous (naturally occurring) Cannabinoid called ‘ananadamide’. The brain also creates another Cannabinoid called 2-arachidonylglycerol (2-AG). The effects of these endogenous Cannabinoids are similar to THC, and other animals also have CB1 Cannabinoid receptor systems. THC is just one of sixty or so Cannabinoids, all of which, I feel have healing properties. The scientific analysis of these is still being conducted. Not only does the ingestion of Cannabinoids bring us into a state of divine spiritual bliss, it does wonders for the physical body. As plants grow they absorb the Sun’s photon light energy and through the magical alchemical process of photosynthesis convert this into electron rich chlorophyll and unique to the Hemp plant, the super electron rich Cannabinoids of which Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the most electron rich molecule in the plant kingdom. As Cannabinoids are ingested they seek out free radical damage (such as tumours and cancers) and rebuild the body on a cellular level bringing us back to our perfect design self. THC also mimics the action of Estradiol, a hormone responsible for healing nerve and brain damage.

also note - thc is not water soluble, thats why butter and fats work so well. but, depending on what you've eaten the effects will differ. sometimes you wont even get high. but as far as healthy, cannabis is. but you can get the same nutrients from other fruits and vegetables.

interesting

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Have the Laotians and whoever else in SE Asia that use ganja as an ingredient been using what is growing wild or do they have select strains? I know I'd love some seeds if they've been breeding for flavor.

Eating bud instead of seed as intended is ridiculous considering hemp seed protein is among the most "complete." There was some guy here living in China that had hemp seed bred for food by the Chinese that were much larger than normal.

Disco94

I have been pulled over with bud in the car so I ate the little bit that was left. Long story short, I don't get searched but chill for 20 mins while he runs my info with a dry mouth and plant matter washing around. It sucks. Don't eat buds.

EAT CANNABIS

I love my buds. SO much so that I have to factor in the eating ... factor...

Every bud I have ever chewed was SPICY yummy and warmed my tummy. As much as I love canna-cooking, raw is still my main thing. Fuck, dont get high?

I am not a stoner or pot head. Getting high is a side effect. Eat it raw. EAT a lot of it raw and you will see god himself. and still not be high...

Look at the cultures that have been using Medicinal Cannabis the longest... they dont smoke it.

Look at the countries that have been using Cannabis the longest, recreationally... they dont eat it.

Last fourth of July I made Salsa. Raw, Fresh Buds and Salsa, as Salsa...

Last edited:

KingV

I sometimes use buds to spice a tomato vegetable sauce, mixed with my favourite chilis. I favor less sweet varieties, haze hybrids have been good. PPP not so much. It really adds something special to the food.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Trainwreck: So spicy it's almost unbearable.... LOL The flavor lingers for a while too. :D

Sweet Diesel (SweetTooth#3XPrincessDiesel): Sweet and Sugary.... :D

E

el Dream Reader

Humboltlocal talks about juicing whole buds for the medicinal effects, in his outdoor thread. I've always cooked them first but I'm going to give it a try.

Cranberry

Hash Berry is very tasty and juicy for raw eating. Others have made this comment if researched.

We should eat a little roughage once in a while, just like a rabbit... Cannabis has been in our diets for hundreds of years. not till the world government declared it a bad thing did it become deficient in our diets.

I taste my stems of older leafs to sample sugar content, and general health. And maybe that's why i dont spray or feed things i dont want to ingest myself.