What's new

Which state will be last??

Drift13

Common some of the states mentioned have med pot or at least decriminalization! It's got to be a backward bumpkin state full of rednecks and heavily Republican. Utah, Nebraska, Miss, Alabama, Tenn, take your pick!
Don't forget to add Fla. to that list. More blue-haired conservative voters down here than you can shake a stick at.....

gladstoned

I was surprised to hear They started using their own drug courts I thought.
I'm glad no one mentioned Wisconsin. One of my buddies keeps saying Wisconsin will
never legalize.

Does anyone know what states are next in line to try for legalization, or is it too early yet?

mogrow

the land of oz = kansas. they always seem to be on their high horse about something... see bleeding kansas.

Midnight Smoker

Texas

Because they are just mean spirited bastards with God on their side. Please send help, I'm being held hostage at the Carcinogenic Coast.

OldSSSCGuy

That's easy: UTAH. Those backward cult wankers will never permit anything that involves a penis or pleasure.

W

willyweed

florida,because the old people are just living too long,and with them their old fashioned views and belief's

T

ThirstyKenny

Comin from Oz i reckon you guys are pretty lucky to legally be able to grow your own medicine. We seem to follow suit with everything else the U.S does so with any luck....blah probably won't happen :(
My question, what happens if you're in a pro cannabis state and you get caught with a grow and are not the holder of the proper card/paperwork? Are the fines or charges a bit more lenient than before or are you in the same legal trouble before the legalization changes?
I don't know much about your laws but am interested.
Thanks, Kenny

S

SeaMaiden

Comin from Oz i reckon you guys are pretty lucky to legally be able to grow your own medicine. We seem to follow suit with everything else the U.S does so with any luck....blah probably won't happen :(
My question, what happens if you're in a pro cannabis state and you get caught with a grow and are not the holder of the proper card/paperwork? Are the fines or charges a bit more lenient than before or are you in the same legal trouble before the legalization changes?
I don't know much about your laws but am interested.
Thanks, Kenny

That's actually going to depend a lot on the officers and your location. Some of them, say, Metro district LAPD, may look at someone like me and say, "Meh, she's not worth our time." Others may say, "They're breaking federal law!" and get all fuckin' yee haw on our asses. But, technically, legally, in California, if you're not a med patient and you get caught with a grow it's the size of the grow that will determine who goes after you, and how. A few plants will likely net little attention, perhaps a reprimand to get your paperwork in order. Several dozen will likely net you some stainless steel jewelry, even if only temporarily.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
speaking of....OK
did... U know....

there latest law...

Under the new law, which specifically creates a new felony for converting marijuana to hashish, conviction of a first offense would result in a prison sentence anywhere from two years to life in prison. Sentences would be doubled for second offenses and those convicted would be ineligible for suspended sentences or probation.

Inevitably a DA is going to use this to destroy the life of some kid with a kief screen in the bottom of his grinder.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
That's easy: UTAH. Those backward cult wankers will never permit anything that involves a penis or pleasure.

LOL, you beat me to it :tiphat:

If this prediction is wrong?
It's because the mormons love the dollars!
Those bigass cathedrals ain't cheap!

Acotaco

NY better get off its ass. NY is pissin me right off everyone says ny follows Cali. Ut I dont see that. C'mon NY quite being such a douche

G

GreenHills

NY better get off its ass. NY is pissin me right off everyone says ny follows Cali. Ut I dont see that. C'mon NY quite being such a douche

I don't think NY follows anyone. It is pretty much it's own beast.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
(I haven’t read through the entire thread so forgive me if this is repetitive.)

As I’ve said, the jerks currently in the way of progress, are busy dying out…It won’t be long. ;)

Never say never! Things are changing fast! And progress is coming!
We in WA and CO will continue to be good examples of all the good cannabis can do.
But I do agree, either OK or MS will probably be last to legalize.
:witch:

G

GreenHills

Honestly there will be no last because when true legalization happens it will be at the federal level and that will be all 50 states or nothing.

k-s-p

Veteran
There will be a bunch of states that are last; at some point critical mass will be reached, and those states will become legal by default. I predict the southeastern US along with elements of the Great Plains will be the states that hold on to the drug war the longest.

As a caveat, I guess it's possible some of those would enact legislation to re-illegalize it.