What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which is the smelliest strain from The Real Seed Company?

Cvh

Supermod
Hi all,

As the title says, which is the smelliest strain that is carried by The Real Seed Company?

If I would have to guess, then I bet it's one of their Afghanis. Or is their more stink to be found in other strains?

Thanks.

Plantguy

I've got 10 chitrali sizing up. One of them smells stronger than all the others combined. Something like the popular Kush hybrids or Chem. In veg it's too aromatic to be outside because of the loud smell. Mazar, Nepali and Nanda Devi are nice smelling without that strong smell that identifies what it is from a distance.

troutman

Seed Whore
Hi all,

As the title says, which is the smelliest strain that is carried by The Real Seed Company?

If I would have to guess, then I bet it's one of their Afghani's. Or is their more stink to be found in other strains?

Thanks.

Didn't you complain about stinky Durban a while back? And now you want to play with Afghanis? :laughing:

Cvh

Supermod
^Yes, my Dutch line Durban's where seriously challenging my carbon filter. It stank up the place big time. No kidding, those weren't amateur toys, these should come with a warning. Big dense resin encrusted nugs too. Definitely crossed with Indica but still very euphoric. I still have ounces of that, I'll make hash of it one off these days.
I think Sam brought these too to Holland if I'm not mistaken. And it's also one of the parents from the famous GSC strain.

But as the title says, I want to go even more extreme. :D

From the TRSC Afghani selection I have the Balkhi and those Afghan mix.
I want to know that I'm on the right track with their Afghani selection. I want some serious stink. It should overshadow my Durban's.

Cvh

Supermod
I've got 10 chitrali sizing up. One of them smells stronger than all the others combined. Something like the popular Kush hybrids or Chem. In veg it's too aromatic to be outside because of the loud smell. Mazar, Nepali and Nanda Devi are nice smelling without that strong smell that identifies what it is from a distance.

Amazing post, thanks. :)

T

TakenByTheSky

I just read on IG breeder Steve saying he found RKS smelling plants in balkhi

troutman

Seed Whore
I have this RSC collection of Afghanis (Mazar, Balkhi and Sheberghan) along with the Hindu Kush Chitrali. :)

Still waiting for the proper time for a few test grows and some Terpene Amplification experiments with them. ;)

Sunshineinabag

I have this RSC collection of Afghanis (Mazar, Balkhi and Sheberghan) along with the Hindu Kush Chitrali. :)

Still waiting for the proper time for a few test grows and some Terpene Amplification experiments with them. ;)
Terpene amplified flowers? How? Yes please

Cvh

Supermod
Do you all agree that the Afghanis are the most smelliest plant of all?

Plantguy

This is my smelly Chitrali. The leaves have the curling, almost warping growth. I haven't seen it often. Does anyone know anything about it? I'm not sure if this should be separated from the flock, if it's a communicable disease or what. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_112121_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20200714_112121_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20200714_100225.jpg
    IMG_20200714_100225.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 60

Cvh

Supermod
Afghan straight stinkline

Afghan straight stinkline

Watch this.
Sheberghan, Balkhi (the red arrow), Mazar-I-Shariff and Kohlm are all on a straight line in Norther Afghanistan. This line is one 150km wide.
And Chitral is also another 150-200km straight to the right in Pakistan. How peculiar.

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
This is my smelly Chitrali. The leaves have the curling, almost warping growth. I haven't seen it often. Does anyone know anything about it? I'm not sure if this should be separated from the flock, if it's a communicable disease or what. Thanks

Maybe, you're overfeeding it? Mind you every once in a while you get a mutant that doesn't like it's growing conditions.
If the other ones are doing fine then either get rid of it or isolate it to be sure no other plant is affected.

Rembetis

Do you all agree that the Afghanis are the most smelliest plant of all?

I would agree with that. Tora Bora was medium to strong. Deep Chunk and anything with DC in it were favorites but I had to get away from that line. You could smell them up the road.
I did figure out that a lot of the smell was coming from the big fans so whenever the smell got too strong I would clip them and everything would be o k. for awhile. I clipped larger leaves as necessary after that. It gave my filter a chance to do its thing. Never did completely go away

troutman

Seed Whore
Deep Chunk and anything with DC in it were favorites but I had to get away from that line. You could smell them up the road.

Deep Chunk description from Tom Hill. :tiphat:
This unique broadleaf from Afghanistan was introduced to Northern California in the latter part of the 1970's. A fast flowering plant with thick stems,
short internodes, and excellent resin production of the highest quality. The smoke is thick and full-bodied. Flavors range from skunk to Hashy pine,
from grapefruit, to chocolate, to coffee.

smogo

The 2 Highland Thais' I'm vegging are stinking... musty, lemony carroty scents... but of course I'm sure some of the indicas smell a lot more

Rembetis

Deep Chunk description from Tom Hill. :tiphat:

I still have it in my freezer along with most of the Cannacopia crosses that used DC. I did the Bubba DC and the Lapis Mtn Indica last run. Still curing. Still love the line but it will be awhile before I can run it again