What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which is the bronchial dilator ? Terps or the Cannabinoids?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I would say Terps or bronchial dilator. There are some nasties with some cannabinoids.

Bronchodilators are a type of medication that make breathing easier. They do this by relaxing the muscles in the lungs and widening the airways (bronchi). They're often used to treat long-term conditions where the airways may become narrow and inflamed. Google

Old Fogey

I would say Terps or bronchial dilator. There are some nasties with some cannabinoids.

Bronchodilators are a type of medication that make breathing easier. They do this by relaxing the muscles in the lungs and widening the airways (bronchi). They're often used to treat long-term conditions where the airways may become narrow and inflamed. Google
I'm asthmatic. Smoking cannabis is, at first, like murder when suffering an attack but, when no medicinal puffer is available, taking just enough to get the lightest buzz on will provide complete relief from a proper asthma attack within 5 - 10 minutes of attempting the smoke. At this stage it's now relatively easy to smoke some more, extending the period of relief for hours, if not ending the incident entirely.

I have found this to be true of smoke-grade leaf and tips from plants in veg right up to top shelf kief and flower. The material doesn't need to be potent, just psychoactive to some degree that delivers a noticeable buzz.

On this basis, I suggest it is one or more cannabinoids, probably THC, that induces bronchial dilation, as terpenes are barely present during early/middle veg and I have experienced relief from asthma by smoking tips taken from 4 week old plants in mid-Spring.

Peace

Last edited:

alvin88

I would think it's the cannabinoids. While harvesting or dealing with large amounts of product, the smell alone can send me onto a full on asthma attack. It really sucks, considering how much I love weed. Certain strains lock my lungs up more than others. I don't really get asthma from anything else, so I've never had the opportunity to use it as a preventative. By the time my lungs are under attack, any miniscule amount of smoke will absolutely wreck me, puffing my inhaler and cursing God.

Old Fogey

I would think it's the cannabinoids. While harvesting or dealing with large amounts of product, the smell alone can send me onto a full on asthma attack. It really sucks, considering how much I love weed. Certain strains lock my lungs up more than others. I don't really get asthma from anything else, so I've never had the opportunity to use it as a preventative. By the time my lungs are under attack, any miniscule amount of smoke will absolutely wreck me, puffing my inhaler and cursing God.
Yes, terpenes in heavy concentration can induce an attack ... so you need to smoke some of it to get relief ! 😅

Seriously, it kills to smoke with a bad wheeze, it takes me 5 hits and 5 minutes to smoke one bowl, which is usually enough anyway, but I push through knowing relief will soon come.

Peace

I'm asthmatic. Smoking cannabis is, at first, like murder when suffering an attack but, when no medicinal puffer is available, taking just enough to get the lightest buzz on will provide complete relief from a proper asthma attack within 5 - 10 minutes of attempting the smoke. At this stage it's now relatively easy to smoke some more, extending the period of relief for hours, if not ending the incident entirely.

I have found this to be true of smoke-grade leaf and tips from plants in veg right up to top shelf kief and flower. The material doesn't need to be potent, just psychoactive to some degree that delivers a noticeable buzz.

On this basis, I suggest it is one or more cannabinoids, probably THC, that induces bronchial dilation, as terpenes are barely present during early/middle veg and I have experienced relief from asthma by smoking tips taken from 4 week old plants in mid-Spring.

Peace
Interesting , thank you