What's new

Which is better?

Thanks for the response.

I didnt take it as an insult at all. I figured you were just messing.

I am in the process of constructing my grow room and if I can hand water my plants without runoff the room will be so much easier to grow in.

World Peace,

ILL

BTW...

I know the answer to this question is somewhere on this site, I just would rather get a quick response from you...

I have 2 1000 watt HPS, and both will be bare bulb with a fan underneath blowing up to cool them...

how far should I keep the lights from the plants?

how far are YOUR lights from the plants?

WORLD PEACE,

ILL

Those who say B are total morons because they believe that B will give more yield. Count the plants in A then B, A has more. Also A has more effectivelly lit area's.

I was already working on concept A. Building seperate units with one bulb should give me a good climate per unit. Besides I can have those units have diffirent light regimes. Day unit 1 - night unit 2 would support the C02 and 02 needs of each unit a bit.

A plant produces c02 at night and 02 during daylight.

Have fun building your units!!

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
In set up B, the middle plants are getting light from two different directions, which will fill them out more. In A you have a weed donut which only gives illumination from one light source for each donut, so each plant will not have as fully developed bud sites as those lucky middle plants in B receiving light from several point sources. In another thread, Marlo described trying out having plants in the middle like situation A, and he discontinued doing this because it starved those adjacent to them of light.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those who say B are total morons because they believe that B will give more yield. Count the plants in A then B, A has more. Also A has more effectivelly lit area's.

I was already working on concept A. Building seperate units with one bulb should give me a good climate per unit. Besides I can have those units have diffirent light regimes. Day unit 1 - night unit 2 would support the C02 and 02 needs of each unit a bit.

Uh the peeps here in this thread and the Vertical section are certainly many things, one thing they are NOT are morons...turn it down a notch buddy.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BTW...

I know the answer to this question is somewhere on this site, I just would rather get a quick response from you...

I have 2 1000 watt HPS, and both will be bare bulb with a fan underneath blowing up to cool them...

how far should I keep the lights from the plants?

how far are YOUR lights from the plants?

WORLD PEACE,

ILL

when i ran stadium, the time when i had no fan under the bulb, the max distance the plant could stay near is about 15 - 20 inches, but with the fan, i could place the plants around 10 inches with out ever being burn.

with vertical, it is best to study the plant when you place then near the light, theres a cpl threads here that show you how to do that,

because of growing vertically, you will have room for plant to stretch, and create more bud sites, best thing is to trim all back branches that get no lights and control the branches in the fronts, you either raise or light or move the plants as they're in the process of stretching ( flower )

once you run this system a few time, i bet you will know exactly what to do the next round, it is hard to get everything perfect the first, but it is not impossible!

good luck and keep us posted :):)

I guess a lot of folks in here are morons according to you, Marlo and I will be the first lol

cheers

Don't take it hard.

Maybe I can soften the pain by telling that most likelly more small units with 1 bulb would probably perform better then those stadiums with multiple bulbs.

1 mayor + is the climate. Much more stable the more lights on top of eachother. The 2nd + would be the increased area effectivelly lit.

Mayor - would be that each unit has to be maintained seperatelly. More equipment, more failure.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't take it hard.

Maybe I can soften the pain by telling that most likelly more small units with 1 bulb would probably perform better then those stadiums with multiple bulbs.

1 mayor + is the climate. Much more stable the more lights on top of eachother. The 2nd + would be the increased area effectivelly lit.

Mayor - would be that each unit has to be maintained seperatelly. More equipment, more failure.

No one is taking it hard lol, if you're going to call folks morons, prove it !

i would like to see 10k donuts set up in a warehouse vs a 10k stadium in the same warehouse. :artist:

if you're talking about efficiency, you're not thinking out side the box!

:D

cheers,

I like to do it within my countries federal laws. I can have 5 plants without getting arested or fine.

My maximum capacity in the next few years would be 2 units. Have to be carefull ;)

@red Also,

if you dont have runoff, do you have a problem with over fertilizing your plants?

How do you flush the plant at the end of your grow?

World Peace,

ILL