What's new

Which haze for breeding?

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
^^^^ Now that sucks man, that is just a question we all have to decide answer when the situation comes! Does security goe forward of your comfortity?

I wish you luck for your project!

i noticed you mentioned thai too and seedsman has a supposedly pure thai strain called mama thai that has been selectively breed for the fastest finish while still retaining the long flowering sativa traits. supposed to finish in like 11 weeks. they are only like $28 a pack so for like $10 over you budget you could get 2 packs to select from. just a thought.

my plans for the haze is to grow out as many packs of the oldtimer lines as i can and only killing off the plants that dont please me leaving as many above average specimans as possible then using all the above average purple pheno's in a semi open pollenation, for one line and then doing another run using all the selected purpel and green plants to do another open pollenation to try to keep all the better genetics in the line for future generations to play with. then working on further inbreeding the purple line and for a nice orgy with some purple indicas (deep chunk if i ever get my hands on some again)

M

Maxe-Igen

hey,

maybe figure out which sativa-effect you prefer and go for that. Personally I think thais are in the least interesting sativa-effect range.

PGW

Herbalistic---Yeah it really sucked cuz I finally has the room almost perfectly dialed in after MUCH trial and error. My lights were vertical, two rows of plants on each side, and the worst part of it all, ......my perpetual cycle was right on time.--But that's how it is in this game sometimes. It could have been worse!

Yeah Outlaw, I definitely have to give consideration to Seedsman's Mama Thai as well. I believe for my intentions I DO need to stay with something that is close to a landrace. At the least I want it to be true breeding.

Sounds like you've got a pretty well thought out plan Outlaw. Are you gonna use Seedsman exclusively? If not, Reeferman also has some very interesting old-school stuff, though it does come at a considerably higher cost than Seedsman. Look up ReeferWorld if your interested.

Ras Pablo ....Thank you for that link! I just now read the thread at your suggestion. That looks like the real deal alright! Loooooooooong sativa flowering times there for sure. But MAN!, ain't they pretty?!

PGW

Thanks for all the help fellas!

Fj thank you for taking the time to help me tweak the plan for better results.

PGW said:
Yeah Outlaw, I definitely have to give consideration to Seedsman's Mama Thai as well. I believe for my intentions I DO need to stay with something that is close to a landrace. At the least I want it to be true breeding.

Sounds like you've got a pretty well thought out plan Outlaw. Are you gonna use Seedsman exclusively? If not, Reeferman also has some very interesting old-school stuff, though it does come at a considerably higher cost than Seedsman. Look up ReeferWorld if your interested.

seedsman is my last resort incase the oldtimer haze doesnt give me what i need

PGW

Outlaw, are you talking about the Oldtimer Hazes that are listed on SeedBay?

Maxe, thanks for the suggestion. I've never had either, actually. I've just done lots and lots of reading while researching this project, and it seems the haze's and thai's are what most are saying are the most uplifting/stimulating/electric type of high. That is what I'm after for crossing into my best Speed Queens from the grow I have going now.

the ones from ace seeds yes but i got a pack from doc that uses purple fem #1 still want to get the other 3 lines from seedbay that use the purple fems #3, #13, and #23

PGW

I think for a price/quality compromise I'm gonna go with Reeferman for my first ones. I will be ANXIOUSLY awaiting your results with Ace. This is my first real project and I would just hate to dump a couple hundred bucks into kick-ass beans and screw up in my selections. I think I'll err on the side of caution on this first round and go with something a lil cheaper.

Seedsman seems to get good marks, but I just learned that he, himself doesn't do the breeding work, so I'm a little "iffy" about buying those to breed with and not being able to hear things directly from the breeder.

I wanted to go with something by the legendary Shanti, but all I see are crosses with haze in them. Plus the "entry fee" is a bit high for my poor ass.

Greenhouse is the only one I can find with Neville's gear and I'm just not so trusting with some of the reports I've read regarding genetics that were once bomb, and now aren't doing so hot?.?.

So, after many hours of research, I think I'll give Reef's stuff a run. He certainly has an affinity for the old school selections. He has more of them in stock and coming out than anyone else I've found.

PGW

Outlaw, I don't blame you. Who doesn't like colorful buds? If ya can get the look AND the high,, go for both. Make sure you get some pick of those up here when ya run em. Cuz I for one really wanna see those babies!

U.B.C

I crossed Purps with a killer Haze hybrid called 1947 Haze to breed my own Purple Haze with. I took this cross to F2 and it made it very Haze dom with the purple pheno being very rare but here is a shot to share with fellow Haze lovers

Last edited:

U.B.C

Thanks PGW, here is a feminized cross same genetics but a VERY potent green pheno. The aroma and flavor from this one was to die for.