What's new

Which coco is best?

G

Guest 18340

Noticed a couple comments on botanicare cocogro and was wondering if it needs a rinse or is ready to go. Pro-mix separation anxiety is setting in...
I use the Botanicare bricks and bales so i have to hydrate the coco, but i dont realyy "rinse" it. In other words, i fill a 5/gal bucket with dry coco, add plain tap 'til its like soup, then scoop it out by hand and plop it into whatever pot the plant is going into.
Some folks wash (rinse) it but i dont. I've never ever had anykind of def or any other problems.
Infact, ever since i started growing in coco i have never had a plant issue.
Go figure:joint:

G

Greyskull

i like b'cuzz and canna

maybe i'll do a crop of half and half with a single strain to see which is the optimal coco for my application....

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sri-lankin coco never had a problem used canna and a few others but never noticed any change...

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
I've tried "Fiber Grow" from Planter's Pride(available at Menards for those in the Midwest), and "Eco Earth" from Zoo Med(available at Petco). The "Eco Earth" brick had bleached white dead beetle husks in it, but was otherwise pretty clean, and didn't have a salt problem at all. The "Fiber Grow" is very clean from what I've seen so far, and as cheap as it is, I will be sticking with this as long as it's available. 250 gram bricks of it are about 3 dollars each. I know there's better deals out there, but I can buy this stuff locally in cash and no one can trace that.

raygun

I've been using biobizz coco straight out the bag but can not find it round me now so just picked up a cocogro bale and holy cow you get so much more coco once hydrated!!!
I think it expands to 70 liters verses the 50 that I would get with the biobizz and it is about 1/2 the price of the others. I think it will be the way to go for me from now on.
Great texture great price.

dyren

Any of you guys use GH Cocotek coco? (rather bump a semi-old thread than start a new one sry guys)

Work2much

One more for Canna. Although it still needs to be flushed. My last two bags I tested with distilled water at 5.8 PH in and it came out 7.1 PH. Both bags tested the same.

B

bombdotcom

botanicare cocogro bricks. tehy are the shit - no need to rinse and its really fine like soil. Great stuff wont ever consider switching

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I've used Bontanicare Ready Grow Moisture and had GREAT results, I just switched to Roots Organics Coco Fiber and it's nice!!

L

LJB

When money is no object? Canna.

When I want to save a little bit of $, but still buy a good product? Bcuzz.

D

dongle69

That is weird.
Around here, Bcuzz is more expensive than Canna.

L

LJB

No, it's me that is weird. I meant to post that the other way around.

I was wanting to give coco i try and i found it locally at the pet store. It comes in bricks and expands into a nice fine medium with a nice earthy smell. It says from Sri lanka and i was wondering if this stuff needs to be flushed. It looks nice now that its expanded but im guessing im not going to just be able to see the salt.

G

Greyskull

That is weird.
Around here, Bcuzz is more expensive than Canna.

the B'Cuzz just got raised to $32 per bag wtf?!?
guess i am not going to be buying coco from that shop anymore. kind of a bummer because i don't buy my main nutes from them only secondaries (cal/mag & sweet) but i like patronizing the local shops...

Latest posts

Latest posts