Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Both bikes are really cool, in their own way

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I'm not into bikes so i wouldn't knwo

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
W

willyweed

ps a good lock and tracker would be required as bike's are very easy to steal,especially through eastern europe.bandit country

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I know someone who has a had a new Fireblade every couple of years since the 1st ones (the purple and yellow ones) came out, . The phrase "It goes like shit off a stick" doesn't even begin to describe how that thing moves.

I'd rather have a Ducati Monster.

And I'd definitely Rather have the GSXR1100 chop that someone who drank in our families pub used to ride. That thing was a beast.

Megayields mentioned Aprilia....very good bikes. LOL, I remember a mate who 1st passed his test to ride a 50cc, he spent over £1000 on a little Aprilia 50.... Myself I'd have got a little cheapie and saved the money to put ito a bigger bike when the time came, but those little Aprilias do look slick, even if they sound like a hairdryer.

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Please explain

Crotch rockets are not made to be comfortable on long journeys, they are made to go fast, and get yer knee down going around corners.

The ultimate in long distance comfort would be a Honda Goldwing(LOL) but then you might as well get a car. Actually, the Goldwing always made me think someone had done a mashup between a bike and a Dodgem.

Hubb what is ur experience riding??? Have you ever ridden before??? Ever taken a msf course???

The reason I ask is you chose 2 bikes that are polar opposites.... and neither are good beginner bikes, in fact those are two of the worst possible choices for someone new to riding....

Worry about being cool later, focus on a bike that matches your ability and can continue to grow into, and unless you've been riding for many many yrs its neither of those...

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hubb what is ur experience riding??? Have you ever ridden before??? Ever taken a msf course???

The reason I ask is you chose 2 bikes that are polar opposites.... and neither are good beginner bikes, in fact those are two of the worst possible choices for someone new to riding....

Worry about being cool later, focus on a bike that matches your ability and can continue to grow into, and unless you've been riding for many many yrs its neither of those...

^^^^^ This.
Don't even consider 1000cc bikes unless you've got at least a couple of years regularly riding something like a 5 or 600. And Don't get the 5/600 until you've got a couple of years riding a 250.
A mate of mine very nearly killed himself on a honda CB550, which he jumped straight up to from a 125.

I can't ride bikes, I'm stupid on them. And I make a terrible pillion passenger, too twitchy, can't relax when someone else is in control of it.

SpeeDevil

Tenere if you like long comfortable journeys ( maybe with the lady) , cbr if you like adrenaline and the good feeling that an uncomfortable seat gives you :D
it's nice to see many people interested and passionate about motorbikes!
I started riding a mono-gear 50 cc kawasaki when I was 7 years old, my bikes have grown with me :) a few years and bikes later I ended up riding supermotos , and occasionally I still use my sxf 450 on a dirt track :)
for the street I have a ktm 690 smc r STAGE 3 and I just love to mess around with all my friends in big groups (20+ people)
on the other hand I also race on the track and compete in a very famous european championship :D I ride a CRF 450 quite pumped LOL
share your bike :D

OhighO

I have been riding sport bikes for a long time.. Adjustable rear sets and a gel seat make a HUGE differenvce in long trip comfort. Also a tank bag will give you something to lay on during long hauls.... A few days before a long ride start taking lots of vitamins and potassium rich foods.