What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where to find predator bugs...

Blue Shark

Growdoc said:
Thanks for that LINK.... this one is the best and they have some of the lowest prices i have ever come across! EVERYONE that needs preds should check this place first!!!

Growdoc

Glad to be at your service sir :dance:

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
i used to use these guys but lost the addy and forgot there name... now they are found again!!!

Growdoc

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
i pulled this info from biobest website, just some info for all to see...

BINAB® TF WP is a biological fungicide developed in Sweden. It is based on two naturally occurring fungi (Trichoderma harzianum and T. polysporum), which feed on fungal pathogens such as black scurf (Rhizoctonia solani) on potatoes and gray mold (Botrytis cinerea) on strawberries and raspberries. The most common application method is with a standard spraying equipment.
One of the more exciting and effective distribution methods for BINAB® products is with pollinators such as bumblebees. This application method was originally discovered by Canadian researchers Yu and Sutton (University of Guelph, Ontario) and further developed and tested through cooperation between the manufacturer BINAB® Bio-Innovation AB, commercial strawberry growers and a County Board Advisor in Sweden. Bumblebees walk through a labyrinth containing BINAB® powder (BINAB® T Vector) when exiting the hive. The powder lodges onto the bee’s hair. When pollinating strawberry flowers, bumblebees leave some BINAB® powder on site. The BINAB® powder stays in the flowers until the gray mold fungus starts attacking the ripening fruit.

The application method was tested during the three wettest seasons ever recalled in Western Sweden (Västergötland): 1998-2000, three years when summer precipitation was twice that of the total annual precipitation. Considering that the gray mold fungus prefers high humidity, the tests couldn’t have been performed under more difficult conditions for the product. Still, bumblebee-applied BINAB® was at least as effective as the latest chemical fungicides in controlling gray mold, especially when the bumblebee-application was supported with sprays of BINAB® TF WP at the beginning and end of flowering.
The bumblebee-application method is timesaving for the grower, and will not compact the soil unlike big spraying machinery. Bumblebees contribute to gray mold protection even when the ground is too wet for motorized equipment. Furthermore, using naturally occurring fungi (harmless to people) is obviously more environment- and user-friendly than chemical pesticides.

Andi Schmid with Forschungsinstitut für biologischen Landbau (FiBL) in Frick, Switzerland, who successfully tested the application method, named the system the “Flying Doctors”!

The gray mold control-strategy using bumblebee-applied BINAB® was successful in reducing yield losses sustained from direct infection caused by Phytophthora cactorum and Colletotrichum sp.
Kirsten Jensen
Advisor for fruit and berries, County Board of Western Sweden, Länsstyrelsen i Västra Götalands Län
Thomas Ricard
BINAB Bio-Innovation AB, manufacturer of Trichoderma based bio-fungicides since 1972.

CoonLover

663.jpg

http://www.altgarden.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=329

Pactivist

got my bugs from biotactics(benemite link in last post) on tuesday the 7th, cost me like $70.00 with overnite shipping, for 1000 M. Longipes predator mites. The war is on! I not only hope that the predator mites eat all of these bastard spidermites, I hope they eat them slowly. cause spidermites suck!!!
I released them on the 7th and from simple visual observation - I don't think the spidermites have a chance in hell of surviving this assault, the predators are seriously fast! I am not kidding, these little bugs can move, way faster than any spidermite, plus they eat their eggs, which is how they managed to survive anything that I threw at them before. update in a couple more days - after they have a little time to work!
peAce,
pacT