What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where to find good agricultural land in oregon?

P-NUT

Veteran
Heres my plan. Im a farmer and have worked on a farm since birth. My cousin is really wanting to move to oregon and find a nice piece of land to raise beef cattle and possibly grow cannabis. Im fairly well versed in tax loopholes for ag property in my home state but have no idea how it works out there. Is there property tax breaks on ag land out there? Anybody thats familiar with the beef market out there please hit me up Ive got a bunch of questions about fencing, ,forage types and any stupid rules or regulation that we might not deal with here in fl. We will purchase a herd out there rather than shipping in our own. I prefer locally adapted animals to shipping across the country.Anybody from oregon that could guide me towards a canna friendly and somewhat cheaper county to look for land in would be greatly appreciated.

The best ag land is the Willamette valley, but it's also the most expensive. If you want more reasonable prices, you have to be east of the Cascades--but then you are trying to grow in the high desert. The best compromise for cattle and cannabis would be in the Columbia gorge.

Be sure to check out Oregon's industrial hemp program. Rec and medical grows are capped (40k sq. ft. for rec and plant counts based on patient cards for medical), but industrial hemp is not.

The hemp scene is alive and thriving here. We can't keep up with growers' requests for high CBD / ultra low THC seed.

Last edited:

NWNR

Heres my plan. Im a farmer and have worked on a farm since birth. My cousin is really wanting to move to oregon and find a nice piece of land to raise beef cattle and possibly grow cannabis. Im fairly well versed in tax loopholes for ag property in my home state but have no idea how it works out there. Is there property tax breaks on ag land out there? Anybody thats familiar with the beef market out there please hit me up Ive got a bunch of questions about fencing, ,forage types and any stupid rules or regulation that we might not deal with here in fl. We will purchase a herd out there rather than shipping in our own. I prefer locally adapted animals to shipping across the country.Anybody from oregon that could guide me towards a canna friendly and somewhat cheaper county to look for land in would be greatly appreciated.

lol everyone wants to move to Oregon and grow weed. Guess what, we're all already doing it and the market is flooded. Stay in FL

Latest posts

Latest posts