What's new

Where to buy 99% iso alcohol in norcal

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, I have huge scientific data and tons of secrets. But why release them here to unworthies.

I will just post truth and leave it at that.

Fair enough, that certainly lets the rest of us know where we stand and firmly establishes both your credibility on details, as well as your maturity in resolving conflict.

Are we back to the thread yet?

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Thank you Gray Wolf for sharing your knowledge with everyone... and I hope this thread can stay on topic now. :)

Blue Socks

So what is wrong with the 99% ISO again? Is that something we should not be using? Safeway brand or other brand, some people are saying it's harsh, some are saying it's ok, what is the real deal here?

A6 Grower

Veteran
I used safeways 99% iso to make qwiso way back when, it was just fine, didn't noticed any burn or harshness but that was quite some time ago

astartes

There are actually FDA regulations that manufacturers must adhere to. You're being 'outed' because you're making a spurious claim and providing no data to back it up. Said claim flies in the face of both manufacturing regulations and peer-review, not to mention even a rote understanding of chemistry and distillation.

"Because I'm correct, that's how." What an utter joke. The burden of proof is on your shoulders. Do you understand the difference between anecdotal evidence and scientific evidence?

a.

vapor

Veteran
Is that added as a denaturant Jump? or does it "piggyback" with the EtOH during distillation?

I was once lucky enough to observe someone using cellulose absorption (a corn grit alcohol dehydration unit) to turn 180proof into 199+, very interesting! They had designed to use absorbent, because the energy requirement for those last 12proof (180 to 192) was considerably more than using-and regenerating absorbent instead.

I've also seen someone do similar with a modified water heater, and hot-lime (unslaked). . . They filled the water heater with course lime, then dumped 190+proof to the brim (sealed/insulated over night) and 24hrs later it tested at almost 200Proof.

Fun stuff i have tryd salt too. Did not work out to well the salt was in the alcohol in the end. The one that i like to use to get 99%
ethanol is zeolite. Very easy dump the zeolite into a container with alcohol let it sit 20 mins or so, stir it up a bit during the process. Filter the alcohol and put in freezer before making extration. You can reuse the zeolite many times,dry it in the oven, and seal after. I make my own ethanol{huge pita way easier to buy lol}, i can get 95-96% ethanol from my reflux still. Now i understand how easy it is to make ethanol from the things around your garden and community! Practically free eh!

astartes

I said this one post up but you ignored it.

I will say it again.

NO ONE HAS POSTED ANY EVIDENCE......

I know they water the shit down beyond 99% AT THE VERY LEAST(And THEY WILL NEVER GET IN TROUBLE FOR IT) which I also already posted, yet you waste thread space ASKING ME DIRECT QUESTIONS.... SEND ME A PM NEXT TIME

Edit: The "BECAUSE IM RIGHT THING" was just thrown out at you because you threw a RANDOM QUESTION OUT TO ME(Your posts are WORTHLESS)

The burden of proof is not on my shoulders LOL, go ahead make extract with crap brand ISO, sell it to others and care not about their health, MANY HERE ADVOCATE THAT SORT OF BEHAVIOR(gw)

Yawn. Stoner science at it's finest here folks. Putting the qualifier "I know" in front of a sentence doesn't make it fact.

a.

SpaceshipNelson

Juice... .. . . . .

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lol trash. I know everything you posted already. Literally your wasting your time trying to change me.

GW is an attention whore who seeks to answer questions more then answer them correctly.

Dont use safeway brand iso, shit is NOT CLEAN.

I have tons of XP making ISO QWISO ETC, chances are I know more about trichomes right now then you EVER WILL.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Can't even dignify that. . . .

Juice said he's only capable of using Safeway brand ISO, and so he's trying viciously to protect his market..

[/FONT]

SpaceshipNelson

Vapor!

Zeolite IS AWESOME!

Ever read David Blume's book?

I'd love to talk more about ethanol with you sometime.

Need a thread for us hillbilly moonshiners! ;-D

vapor

Veteran
no i have not but i did a quick search, herpes eh!
Well seems my plants like it so why not, i recently started eating bio zome.....thanks for the heads up!

HymroD

Fry's is 13$ for like a liter....

A Von's in SD has 99% at $3.01 a pint (including tax).

Score!

Pe@ce,

HymroD

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Juice... .. . . . .

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lol trash. I know everything you posted already. Literally your wasting your time trying to change me. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GW is an attention whore who seeks to answer questions more then answer them correctly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dont use safeway brand iso, shit is NOT CLEAN.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have tons of XP making ISO QWISO ETC, chances are I know more about trichomes right now then you EVER WILL.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can't even dignify that. . . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Juice said he's only capable of using Safeway brand ISO, and so he's trying viciously to protect his market..[/FONT]

?????????????????????

Thanks for sharing! Might you explain further?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are actually FDA regulations that manufacturers must adhere to. You're being 'outed' because you're making a spurious claim and providing no data to back it up. Said claim flies in the face of both manufacturing regulations and peer-review, not to mention even a rote understanding of chemistry and distillation.

"Because I'm correct, that's how." What an utter joke. The burden of proof is on your shoulders. Do you understand the difference between anecdotal evidence and scientific evidence?

a.

Safeway doesn't make their own alcohol, they buy it from a bulk manufacturer. As do most of the other sources listed for 99% Iso at retail.

The 99% Iso manufacturer doesn't make good and poor grades, they make one grade under their ISO 9000 certified process, though they may apply many labels to the product as it leaves for market.

If NASA purchased alcohol for that lot, they might pay many times the price Safeway does and get exactly the same product, but they would be paying for the extra testing and certifications required to cover all the specifications.

This inspection wouldn't inspect any quality into the product, it would only verify it.

The idea that Safeway made special arrangements for their medical grade product to be contaminated with lawrd knows what, leaves open the question about their motives and sanity.

It is common for alcohol manufacturers to add lanolin to lower concentrations of alcohol, such as 70%, to combat drying when used topically. Some even add it 91%. One of the reasons that those in the know don't use those products for extraction, or use 99% topically except for sterilization.

The world is full of folks that are damn sure of things that ain't so. Will Rogers Sometimes that has been me!

If our purpose is to educate ourselves, then we need a forum where the reasons for the difference in understanding can be cooly and clinically examined, so that we are not just a rowdy crowd of ignorant know it alls.

I know much of my ignorance has been washed away on this forum, just by paying attention to what is said, as opposed to whether I think the messengers mother did a good job raising them.

Once the first interpersonal rock is thrown, it is no longer a cool clinical review, or even about the original subject.

Like this discussion for instance.

Who amongst us can rise to the occasion and provide the extra ordinary evidence that is required to support this extraordinary claim, without denigrating the opposing messengers?

Latest posts

Latest posts