What's new

Where the Droid heads at?

McLabia

@Frank: I would go check out the DX threads over on XDA. You should have no problems rooting your DX as long as you follow the directions to a T. If you need any help there are a ton of folks in there that would be more than willing to give you a hand. I dont know the rooting process on the DX to give you any pointers though.

Frank you should head over to mobilism.org and find the pirated full versions of those apps you use which have ads. Rooting your device will not remove them. Only by having the full versions of the app will you be rid of the annoying ads. So pay up, or be a pirate like me.

/Cosign. Either Mobilism or Blapk Market are great. Applanet used to be great, but theyve been down over a month now and the creator keeps talkin about how hes gettin it back going. Who knows though. haha.

There is a program on the droid market for rooted droids, I think its called AdFree?

AdFree is good, but youll still get some adds on apps. The ad blocker in Absolute Root Tools or something to that effect is a better ad blocker as of about two weeks ago when I had my phone last.

McLabia

the pc sees my dx, just not the root program.
ugh
i'll read more later see if i cant figure this shit out.

ftr, havent attempted to root this dx since i bricked my last one.

Oh, and since youre on VZW, I would try Barnacle. Supposedly its one of the last tethering apps that works on VZW since theyve started blocking and banning tethering apps on their network.

McLabia

Re: Where the Droid heads at?

Finally got my Bolt back up and running with some sense 3.0 lovin and Gingerbread. Nomz. When you getvyour evo 3d look for Virus' releases. Hands down best Dev.

Sent from my rooted, INFECTED Synergy bolt running Ziggys Ace beta kernel.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Got the Evo 3D yesterday and been testing it out. Loving HTC and Android... really blows my iphone 3gs out of the water.
It might be a while before i root this, but like you said, if i feel i can wring better performance out of it by rooting it with a Virus rom, ill do it...

McLabia

Got the Evo 3D yesterday and been testing it out. Loving HTC and Android... really blows my iphone 3gs out of the water.
It might be a while before i root this, but like you said, if i feel i can wring better performance out of it by rooting it with a Virus rom, ill do it...

Hop in line for root. Im REALLY surprised the phones been out this long and so far no root as of yet. Im surprised theyve had such a hard time with it honestly. Virus just got his 3D on release day and is working on gettin it rooted. Hes a beast.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Xda forums says that all 3vo's, other than a select few sent to developers, have locked bootloaders. So for now, HTC hasnt kept their promise to unlock the bootloaders. And for now, no one's figured out how to unlock them.
Ive been on mobilism, checking out some apps, and just in general trying to take advantage of all the cool things with this phone. I might buy one of those spare battery's off of ebay; so far batt life is good but if im not near a charger, with heavy use (4G) it definitely wouldnt last me a full day....

McLabia

Xda forums says that all 3vo's, other than a select few sent to developers, have locked bootloaders. So for now, HTC hasnt kept their promise to unlock the bootloaders. And for now, no one's figured out how to unlock them.
Ive been on mobilism, checking out some apps, and just in general trying to take advantage of all the cool things with this phone. I might buy one of those spare battery's off of ebay; so far batt life is good but if im not near a charger, with heavy use (4G) it definitely wouldnt last me a full day....

Once you get root it will. Virus' latest nightly has blown my mind. Crazy fast, smooth with plenty of battery life.

Sent from my rooted, INFECTED Synergy bolt running Ziggys Ace beta kernel.

McLabia

My home screen Hey Booey, 3D officially has root and Virus is workin on a ROM.

http://infectedrom.com
ScreenShot-29.png

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thanks McLab. I hadnt checked the xda forums in a bit, and today saw they have temp root. So this is progress, definitely. Im excited. Can't run a custom kernal without an unlocked bootloader, but this is a big step in the right direction...

Edit: Cool homescreen! The leaves dont overwhelm the overall look, very classy.

McLabia

Thanks McLab. I hadnt checked the xda forums in a bit, and today saw they have temp root. So this is progress, definitely. Im excited. Can't run a custom kernal without an unlocked bootloader, but this is a big step in the right direction...

Edit: Cool homescreen! The leaves dont overwhelm the overall look, very classy.

Yeah, slowly but surely its falling into place for you 3vo owners. Just be happy you didn't buy moto. Lol

Sent from my rooted, Dark Horse INFECTED Synergy bolt running Ziggys kernel.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I am enjoying the HTC and Android experience, but I have a few complaints.
It's hard for me to hold the 3vo while reading landscaped webpages without touching some of the buttons on the sides of the phone. That I can correct with training.
The phone's reception is good but Sprint's coverage, especially 4G, can be spotty. 3G is abysmally slow, even slower than ATT's 3G it seems.
4G is a battery hog, can literally suck 50% battery life in an hour or less. But as you said, with custom kernals and roms this issue should be addressed.
Sometimes the touchscreen has issues, like the space bar sometimes doesnt work. If this continues or gets worse, might have to have this phone replaced.
For some reason, even though I didnt unlock the touchscreen (by dragging the ring), while its in my pocket buttons get pushed; ill take the phone out and see i was writing a message to someone, for example. Maybe im not turning off the screen when placing into my pocket, but still, i dont want my phone being activated while its in my pocket. Probably a training problem rather than a problem with the phone though...

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Hey Baba adjust your screen timeout/lock settings probably solve that issue. You are probably pushing the button fine but I bet there is a delay before the screen actually locks. Try it.
As for sprint's 4g and coverage in general ....ya sorry bout your luck it is what it is. Its sprint.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thanks, Kush. I looked, and only saw screen timeout set to 1min, which i think is when im reading something and the screen turns off after 1min of no user activity...
The coverage is blah but its better than ATT. If i wanted the gold standard id get Verizon but whaddaya gonna do?

MyGreenToe

I have a nonconnected droid im working on romming up and getting navigon installed on to use it as a full time voice navigation gps. These things are so capable, they can have use even after you've moved on to a newer phone. I also use all my droids(3 currently) as a remote control over wifi for VLC media player. It's full featured and works great. streaming from vlc to the phone/tablet also works a snap.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Thanks, Kush. I looked, and only saw screen timeout set to 1min, which i think is when im reading something and the screen turns off after 1min of no user activity...
The coverage is blah but its better than ATT. If i wanted the gold standard id get Verizon but whaddaya gonna do?
My bad I looked and its in cm7 settings..not the regular one..so that probably wasn't real helpful

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
:laughing:
I'm jealous. How's that CM7? McLab doesnt use it but it seems like its the most popular mod...

I

IE2KS_KUSH

I love it all the major bugs are worked out I am sure there's going to be release candidate very soon so far it's excellent

McLabia

:laughing:
I'm jealous. How's that CM7? McLab doesnt use it but it seems like its the most popular mod...

I don't use it because I've been in the Virus camp. Lol. He's not given me a reason to look at another ROM.

Sent from my rooted, Dark Horse INFECTED Synergy bolt running Ziggys kernel.