What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where should I go in Amsterdam?

K

KMK0420

Do not talk to the africans roaming the street.

No offense black people, the majority of the africans over there attempt to sell you coke and rob you. Anyone who's been there knows the "Charlie" whisper

420 cafe, dolphins, de kuil (sp)... warmostraat ave is littered with coffeeshops...greenhouse effect... but i did get some bomb northern lights in some shop that had church or something in the name

Euphrates

Barney's is nice, they have a cafe, and a seed/herb shop in different locations, but close to each other. Excellent service from my experience.

The Damp-Kring is probably one of the nicer coffeshop's.. Though Barney's usually has some real good stuff, and is nice as well

If your tolerance is low, or even if it's not, take it easy, after awhile allot of the street's look the same, and is easy to get lost. If you know someone who really knows their way around, consider your self lucky.

I'd Defiantly hit up the art museums'. You might not want to be bonked out and stinky of herb all the time, the people there generally look down on that.

There's so much to do there, that you probably won't be able to experience allot of what there is to offer.

I'd also go bike riding, the women there are beautiful, and despite what some people may say, I think it's a pretty place in general.

I plan on going there sometime next yr. for about a week before I meet up with my grandparents in Frankfurt, Germany. I have allot of planning to do.

I am sure allot of experienced people will chime in to give you advice. My main advice, would be not to go there just to smoke, there's so much to do and experience that cannabis is a small part of what is there to experience.

When I go I plan on visiting gypsy's seed shop, I would also like to eventually take a small dose of muchrooms, but I would be afraid to, as I will pretty much be by my self. If I did does on mushrooms, I'd want to experience a really good symphonic orchestra, I love classical music. If you can/do skateboard, I'd suggest bringing it, never travel with out it.

Good luck

E.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey Euphrates...

alas my seed shop is not operating in the Dam now ....trying to run 4 shops (3 in the U.K.) became a bit too much for me, so these days I concentrate on the online bizz.......where you can have a shop where-ever there is an internet connection....

If you are in the Dam.....go check out The Green Place coffeeshop.....it just won the best coffeeshop cup at the 4/20

....also drop by The Pollinator Company and see Mila (an old friend).....she will surely help to orientate you whilst there....

J

JackTheGrower

Do not talk to the africans roaming the street.

No offense black people, the majority of the africans over there attempt to sell you coke and rob you. Anyone who's been there knows the "Charlie" whisper

I agree!

Nothing but trouble... And others will notice them hanging on you... That marks you as being something best not to be.

i experienced these guys and while I enjoyed talking to a couple of them the odd way these men seem to be stationed around some streets and the idea that they could follow a stoner with ease.. Well you get the idea..

Jack

I was on foot and solo a bit so i found this place to be friendly.. Nice to smoke a bowl outside and drink a cold one inside to live music..

It seemed safe to me and the active live music can help curb feeling alone.
http://www.waterhole.nl/

There was another club down the street too that had live music.. BTW Live music till 5 am or whatever.. i bailed at 4:30
Also the tourist stuff like the Museums are a good event.. catching a cold one and a toke on top of the Nemo under some Sun Shine is a nice way to relax for a few with a view.

I'll try to post a thread soon.. I was the proverbial "tourist" this time..

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
hope you didn't go allready but maybe this will help someone...

visit the old man headshop, near the dam square. sure you'll find there something you'll like. also visit cannabis college and sensi seedshop & musseum.
also, if you have or can borrow a mobile gps, sure will help you during your amsterdam trip.
i always carry with me a map, adresses of every caffeshop and headshop in the area i visit and my gps.

good luck!

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
also visit cannabis college and sensi seedshop & musseum

I personally think the Sensi Cannabis Museum is well overpriced, and not very good. The cannabis college will teach you more, has a better garden, and is free unless you wanna pay the 3 euros to see the garden - also worth the money imo, compared to 7 euro or whatever it is for the museum!