What's new

Where is the best place to find full service web developers?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PHP. Is Elance a place to consider? There used to be a rent a coder place. What if the website to be re-developed is in the high end collectibles investment field, has an established web presence, contains 5,000+ pages and desires a real overhaul, first one in 10 years so some copyrighting, art, graphics as well as great HTML work and the ability to clean up other HTML.

There used to be a place out of south carolina called i can help you or something like that but it seemed more a place for developers to talk to developers.

What say you? Where would you look for candidates to review and bid ? Straight up developer/development firm?

Supaseeds

dont know what you wish to re do, but building a quality webpage this days with SEO optimization is pretty delicate and you dont want to go out and look for random people, you should be looking for peopel with credentials, and proof that they really did some projects otherwise you will be just throwin money out through the window and get everything half done, webprojects need serious attention and should not be considered a thing to push to the lowest bidder, things have to be talked out, plans made and if possible contract specialy if it's bussines type of page where it matters that you have good SEO optimized page so you dont need to spent a ton of cash on advertizing or if its page that you are expecting some revenue from doing adertizing on it yourself

high end collectibles investment field sounds pretty much serious to me and you shouldnt expect that a webapge like that will be redone in quality for less than 4-8k euros + SEO optimization usualy takes up to 6months of constant work which from a serious developer will cost about 300-600e a month give or take some

its tough to talk in detail since stuff needs to be analysed and tought through

Samporasa

I think hiring on-line developer is messy thing. I personally think contact professional firm and get your job done.