What's new

where does the double serration come from

bigwity

Veteran
does the double serration some plants have originate from anywhere? ive noticed it is only on real strong strains, well imo anyway. ive not had a shit strain with them thats for sure.

all the cheese's and her sisters have them the lemon venom and my mango has a few. they seem to be more prolific on the psyco's and cheese/skunk plants but they also seem to show there head on ssh pheno's

they are interesting for sure can any1 shed any light/theorys:tiphat:

Frosy

That's a good question, I have seen this on several plants, hope someone writes in with the answer.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
also called the sharks tooth, I have only seen it on a few strains, mostly skunks. Skunk#1 and UK Cheese have it.

It is just a different leaf mutation, it would be very hard to figure out where in the genetic history of these strains it came from. Maybe, Skunkman could shed some light on it.

As for a shit strain with it, DP Purple Star = purple crap.
SGS

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
I have see cali-o and the highland oaxacan gold does it in it's own way.

Sweet Seeds SAD (Black Domina x Afghan) and Black Jack (BD x JH) both get this really pronounced....

So if it wasn't for an unknown sat of mine having it worse I'd say it was an Afghan trait.
The sat must have around 70 % of serrations doubled up! Looks mad on narrow leaves..

FireFly22

My Firefly (c99 X double dutch) has a nice double serration, and it passed it on to the Sour Diesel x firefly progeny. But I seen it in many strains. Funny tho Double dutch is half warlock which is a skunk line!

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I was a little boy I would see a lot of Cannabis plants in Mexico with Double serration to their leaves. I would say it is a trait of true Mexican Cannabis from years past.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got at least 2 Swt #4's going that have pronounced double serrations. I say it's from Indica/Sativa hybrids in general ;)

Here's my SAD and Black Jack from ages ago.. Both potent too.. especially the Black Jack... Knocked me right out.... :D

SAD leaf..

picture.php

And a Black Jack early bud....

picture.php

Will have a look for some pics of my sat dom with it tomorrow.. Just deleted loads.....

bigwity

Veteran
so we can say as a general rule that most plants with double serrations are lush to smoke with the odd exception. there must be a gene that this is linked to as its not a common trait on all marjana plants. i wonder what it is linked to.

cheers for stopping in guys.

mintz

sounds good,iv got an mk ultra seedling at about 30 days thats got double seration,so i hope it turns out fire

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Ah, so this is a double serration! Himalayan strains often have, so do Central Asians.

Latest posts

Latest posts