What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where does one get DJ Short genetics??

sirharrynuggz

Hello, I have only bought seeds twice. I went through Gypsy both times with excellent results. So I have come to trust Gypsy but I REALLY REALLY want to give the authentic blueberry a try :yummy: and he does not carry DJ's beans :confused: . I am somewhat nervous to try a different seedbank, but I guess I was pretty nervous the first time I ordered from SD too. So if anyone knows where to get AUTHENTIC DJ beans, PLEASE let me know. Thank you in advance. :wave:

G

Unfortunately you must go through another seedbank for those.

I know Marc Emery sells them, but he'll charge you 3x the price and you'll never be sure you got what you ordered......i guess its a hazzard of the business

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Doesn't Dutch Passion have original DJ's stock for Flo, Blueberry, Blue Moonshine. I heard it is the real thing.

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
hansel

hansel

from what I understand... DJ does indeed supply the "Blues" for Dutch Passion. at about a third the price of the cheapest on the net. that would be a solid move harry ~

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
The only safe place

The only safe place

is going to be through Red at Legends seeds.They are a bit pricey but he is honest as far as I know and have heard.
legendsseeds.com there that will get you there but I don't know if they are listed yet but he does have them in stock.I think they are $120.00 or $130.00
Take care

Fellas,I am referring to the new "true Blueberry" that he has just marketed.For the standard just go to Seeds Direct.

I guess all the other seeds he has marketed were the "Fake Blueberry" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :chin: :biglaugh:

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
it's just... some folks would pay that extra just to get DJ Shorts in the breeders packets rather than the DP pack.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Zep

Zep

I am only referring to the new line of seeds that have just come out.

I personally don't like ordering elsewhere as I have been burned ,even here as of late!!And that was by World Wide Seeds on the Super Silver Haze so fellas please beware of those freaks.I sure wish Gypsy had some in stock when I ordered.Oh well ,,,live and learn!!

Take care................CC

JLP

Veteran
Yeah,they arent cheap but Red at Legends does have the new "True Blueberry" as well as Grape Krush,Old Time Blue Moonshine and F-13.All new offerings by DJ although some are previously released.My guess is that he's calling it "True Blueberry" because anymore people will call just about anything that turns purple "Blueberry".

I've got the Grape Krush about a month from harvest right now and I'm waiting for my OTBM seeds to show up.

JLP

sirharrynuggz

I've heard DJ stopped supplying DP with his genes long ago, and the ones they have now are some kind of cross. Might have to check out Legend, but those prices are still really high.
It seems like everywhere else charges at least 2X what Gypsy does, even to the point of selling 10 Sensi NL beans w/no breeder packs for $240, when you get 15 of the same exact beans in a sealed breeder pack for $110 from Gypsy!! I am torn here because Gypsy has the greatest prices and a remarkable selection. There are literally dozens of strains in the SD catalog that I would LOVE to get and will get, it seems like ALL the modern legendary strains EXCEPT for original DJ Blueberry are available there. I might just have to go with Kali Mist or AK-47 until I can afford to spend $130+ on seeds that would prolly go for $60 if my favorite bank carried them.
Anyways, thanks for all the advice folks. I guess the BB will just have to remain on my wishlist for a while longer :frown: .

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
sirharry...

sirharry...

you have been misinformed ~
read.....

Legends is honored to carry DJ Short's very special collection of cannabis seeds. A Breeder since the early 70's, DJ Short has produced some of the most unique strains found anywhere on the planet. his Blueberry strain placed first in the Indica category at the 2000 Cannabis Cup. As one of the most important Breeders of our time DJ Short raises the bar for all cannabis breeders with his original mix of new and Old World genetics. Suppiler to Dutch Passion of Blueberry, Blue Velvet and Flo.

LEGENDS LINK

sirharrynuggz

Cool, that's nice to know. I had just heard alot of negative reports about DP, and when I heard they made their own mix from DJ's beans I believed it. Maybe because they offer feminised BB and DJ does not, this could help lead one to believe that their BB is not authentic anymore.
But if this is true, and DJ IS still supplying DP with his original seeds I woud be happy to order the DPBB from Gypsy. I do find it a little odd that a breeder would carry another breeder's genetics without crossing them.

Edit: Oh yeah, thanks for the info and the link zepp!! :yes:

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Got some Flo germinating now. I will keep everyone informed on the progress and results. :canabis: