What's new

Where do you recommend to buy...

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Thanks for the heads up! I'm feeling pretty confident that they are the one now. Also, i emailed them and they said to write PLAIN PACKAGING on the Notes section of your order and they will be sure to cover up anything that might disclose whats in the box.

Cool Shit. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks madpenguin.

K+

madpenguin

i emailed them and they said to write PLAIN PACKAGING on the Notes section of your order and they will be sure to cover up anything that might disclose whats in the box.

That's interesting... I've never had to do that. Crap... Maybe I should because they just changed their policy. Don't know. When your close to confirming your order online, they do have a "comment box". I assume that's where they want you to write that.

Money order and ship to a safe house and you should be set. I've never sent them a money order before. That's always risky because you think they will split with your money but I seriously doubt these guys will.

Mist

Cameras on the light poles?
LOL, sounds like the weed is causing some paranoia. Many businesses have security cameras outside now days.

I have ordered online before, but if you have any sense at all you will have it delivered to a safe address other than where you are growing. There is a thread on here describing how they busted one guy because he had ordered a shit load of stuff from an online store.
What they (LEO) did was track all the packages from stores that they saw advertised in Hightimes. They can't get the store records of shipments without a warrant of course, so instead they got their information from UPS, FedEx, etc..... Those companies freely gave them a list of all packages shipped from specific businesses and the packages destination. No warrant needed and nothing illegal on their part.
That is why I always cringe when I see threads asking about a safe place to order online because I figure it probably won't be safe anymore.
I buy all my equipment at my local hydro store and have done so for about 10 years with not one issue. The owner has become a friend and I get good prices from him. There are no cars following me when I leave and no cameras pointing at me, LOL!
So I say go local and build a repore with your local store. It will be better in the long run. Hell, grow some veggies and bring them in for the guys at the store. That is what I did..

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
No HID bulb is as efficient as a 600w HPS, conversion bulbs steal HUGE amounts of lumens so I would never use them myself. Gavita bulbs have a built in reflector (far more efficient than an external reflector) and claim 10% more lumens than a standard HPS. At 95000 lumens, it puts out over 158 lumens per watt! Nothing else touches this.

qbert

I have ordered online before, but if you have any sense at all you will have it delivered to a safe address other than where you are growing. There is a thread on here describing how they busted one guy because he had ordered a shit load of stuff from an online store.
What they (LEO) did was track all the packages from stores that they saw advertised in Hightimes. They can't get the store records of shipments without a warrant of course, so instead they got their information from UPS, FedEx, etc..... Those companies freely gave them a list of all packages shipped from specific businesses and the packages destination.

I personally believe its absurd to think that LEO is checking every package sent from every company that advertises in High Times (or however else they might determine a company caters to pot growers).

Seriously, how many orders do you think companies like htg or horticulturesource or these others process every single solitary day.

I wouldn't order a dozen 1k setups at once to my grow location, but nobody is going to notice an online order for a single 600w setup.

I will and have bet my freedom on it.

homerjay

I'm in Colorado and a legal grower but when I set back up I was considering the same thing. I priced it all out on the web then went to my local shops priced it out there. It turned out that on-line would cost $1400 for what I needed and about $1600 at the local shop/s. So because I want a local shop I can run to if a bulb blows out, I went with the local shop. When all was said and done with a punch card they offer and they guy throwing in all my lamps (bulbs for you non electricians) for free it turned out I got out of there for $1445.
I like supporting the local shops so they are there when I need them. A few extra $$ is worth it to me to keep that extra $$ in our local community. Just my $0.02

Mist

Another good thing about buying from your local hydro/organics store is that you get to actually touch everything before you buy it. I have seen many adds where it looks really cool in the picture and the description touts it as the greatest whatever that has ever been offered. Then I go and look at it at the local store and in reality it is no better than the one that is half it's price. I have ordered a few things over the internet that when they arrived I though "damn, this is crap". No real recourse there with most online stores. I am sure there are some that will fix you up, but with most if it wasn't damaged during shipping or some other malfunction they don't want to hear about how it wasn't what you thought it would be.

E

EvilTwin

Hi Guys...
I'll chime in with my experience. I bought a bad ballast from eBay and because of shipping cost, it was cheaper just to eat the loss. Buy from a reputable place. Greentree Hydroponics ships discretely with GH as their return address. Good company.

I often save up purchases and buy at one of the online places that offer free shipping for over a certain amount like $250.

I have a sun system 400 digital ballast. Only been in service for 2 months but is bright, quiet and extremely cool (temperature-wise). No bulb failures so far.
Peace,
ET

Latest posts

Latest posts