What's new

Where do you get your nutes?

DaftBud

Online? Hydro shop?

I'm wary of both just because they present their own risks. People talk about other people being tailed out of hydro shops back to their houses. Obviously having online hydro shop charges on your credit card and packages coming to your house present their own risks as well.

Which method do you guys find to be cheapest, most convenient, and/or most secure?

SocksRock

Fuuny thing, I randomly picked up a bottle of Shultz bloom Booster (5-30-5) at a dollar store (went to get a bucket and was surprised that it was there). What's the worst that can happen right?

Paid 1.99for it :D

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
I am lucky that a local nursery sells what i use.. Cos i am noided going to my hydro guy anymore.. especially now he has a TV comersh.. peace n puffs...

sackO

Hydro store.....but in a med friendly state. If I didn't live in a med friendly state, I would prolly go to the next state over, or a distant store to buy my soil and other goodies, but would prolly get the lighter stuff online and shipped to a safe addy. ;) Grow safe, grow hard.

C

Carl Carlson

With all due respect, because I've certainly been driven by paranoia in the past and surely will again...

The idea that cops are staking out hydro stores is, IMO, pure paranoid cannabis driven fantasy.

First of all, most likely it would have to be the state police. What are local cops going to follow every customer out of the stop only to discover that half of them are leaving their jurisdiction?

Second of all, what state has the money to fund a plainclothes surveillance operation with no known targets? In 2010, states are going broke and slashing services. Think about the expenses involved. The bodies, the equipment, the gasoline, the overtime, the donuts and coffee, etc.

And even if they could in the best of economic times afford to randomly survey hydro stores, how do they know if the customer leaving the store is an mj grower or an orchid grower or a strawberry grower? Talking about your proverbial needle in a haystack.

I would think if people got busted this way it was because the cops were ALREADY following them around based on some other information.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
The hydro store.I take my sports car up there so when i leave i drive recklessly so no one could keep up or follow

With all due respect, because I've certainly been driven by paranoia in the past and surely will again...

The idea that cops are staking out hydro stores is, IMO, pure paranoid cannabis driven fantasy.

First of all, most likely it would have to be the state police. What are local cops going to follow every customer out of the stop only to discover that half of them are leaving their jurisdiction?

Second of all, what state has the money to fund a plainclothes surveillance operation with no known targets? In 2010, states are going broke and slashing services. Think about the expenses involved. The bodies, the equipment, the gasoline, the overtime, the donuts and coffee, etc.

And even if they could in the best of economic times afford to randomly survey hydro stores, how do they know if the customer leaving the store is an mj grower or an orchid grower or a strawberry grower? Talking about your proverbial needle in a haystack.

I would think if people got busted this way it was because the cops were ALREADY following them around based on some other information.

Its this type of attitude that will get you popped.You should really do more research before dismissing the notion.

You can start here

gators7

it all depends on your state. some states I would be terrified of the hydro store because of the news stories ive seen posted on here, but for me ive never seen one case on the news EVER about someone being busted from being seen at a store in my state- there are so many other ways that will happen first.

How bout just do like the rest of us and use a car that isnt registered to your grow site and pay with cash- simple yet extremely effective

C

Carl Carlson

The hydro store.I take my sports car up there so when i leave i drive recklessly so no one could keep up or follow
Did I say that I do that?

Its this type of attitude that will get you popped.You should really do more research before dismissing the notion.

You can start here

What attitude? It's not like I don't worry about the cops or don't act on informed paranoia. It's that where I live in the U.S., the cops apparently don't stake out hydro shops. Like the poster above, I follow the local news very closely. Here, growers get ratted out by their neighbors because they failed to control the odors or they get caught in controlled buys which lead to their grow spots. Obviously I was previously misinformed about what is happening elsewhere, but I didn't dismiss anything outright and am always open to information. In other words, I stand corrected.

by the way, this thread is much better http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=140671

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran

Wrong :laughing: cops will stake hydro stores seen it done read about it and known of cases that have gone down because of this.
for example read this :snap out of it::bat:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/mar/18/deputies-cased-largo-hydropnics-store-make-growhou/ :angrymod: ----> not your friend hehe:wave:

G

Guest 18340

I used to think the same thing as you, but I have since found out that cops can and DO survey hydro shops.
Google it for the Tampa Florida area, you'll eventually find the story. Just recently it happened in Colorado. Make no mistake, the can do it if they want and it is being done randomly more times than you'd care to know. You gotta beat them at their own game; every American citizen protected from being randomly surveyed. I could give more insight but that would be jacking the thread, but you get the idea.
Me? I drive right to my local HTG.

*mistress*

Veteran
Fuuny thing, I randomly picked up a bottle of Shultz bloom Booster (5-30-5) at a dollar store (went to get a bucket and was surprised that it was there). What's the worst that can happen right?

Paid 1.99for it :D
if run hydroponics, maybe check bottle for ammonium (nh4) & urea nitrogen content.
these forms of nitrogen not as readily available to plant as nitrate (n03) nitrogen, if @ all...
too much ammonium & urea may cause issue, over moments...
usually nitrate-to-ammonium ratio @ 8:2-9:1... no ureic n @ all in standard 'h!dr0' nutes.

if have issues w/ h!dr0 stores... maybe contact actual fert mfg... they usually will handle small amount order... rarely do they turn away coins.

enjoy your garden!

C

cracker420

i dont use a lot of nutes in my tiny grow, so i get a lot of my stuff online. but i will only order from a few places. im very particular.

D

Diamonddss

Anyone who says its fantasy thaT THEY WATCH SHOPS should explain this article from my post yesterday. that said if smalltime i would still go to grow shop

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=162243&page=4

i still stand by my post but heres a reminder for florida residence
c and p

Truck At Hydroponics Store Traced Pot Raided
Tagged with: Cannabis Busts Growing Cannabis
Narcotics detective Michael Papamichael kept seeing the same black Ford F-150 pickup truck parked behind Simply Hydroponics, a business that sells grow lights, nutrients and other products designed for indoor agriculture.

Papamichael saw the truck five times between Jan. 6 and Feb. 19, according to court documents released last week, and that got the detective thinking. He checked to see who that truck belonged to, and where the driver might have set up an account with Progress Energy Corp. for electricity.

This is how the Pinellas sheriff’s narcotics squad was led to a string of warehouses behind a U.S. 19 strip plaza this month. There they found 460 marijuana plants and more than $12,000 in cash, the court documents say.

Allan Bednar, co-owner of Simply Hydroponics, was taken aback when he heard Tuesday that detectives identified a suspect by jotting down the license tag of a truck presumably driven by one of his customers.

“If they don’t have anything better to do, there’s not much I can do about it,” Bednar said. “I’m surprised … it seems there are more problems around of a more serious nature.”

Bednar wondered aloud whether the sheriff’s office was exposing itself to potential lawsuits though the surveillance technique. “We’re a gardening supply store,” Bednar said. It caters to professors, students and teachers, as well as homeowners, and if detectives begin showing up at their doors, it could be considered harassment, he said.

The F-150 was registered to the man investigators initially believed was running the marijuana grow operation at the warehouses, the documents say. He is identified in the documents as Stephen E. Sweetwood, 51, of Seminole, the court records say.

The warehouses “” located behind the Four Seasons Plaza, 39070 U.S. 19 N., Palm Harbor “” were raided March 9 after sheriff’s narcotics investigators obtained a search warrant.

That day, authorities said a man had been taken into custody and was cooperating with them. They would not identify the man then and they are not doing so now. Pinellas sheriff’s spokeswoman Cecilia Barreda said Tuesday that no arrests have been made in the case, and the investigation is ongoing.

According to the affidavit accompanying the search warrant, however, the focus of the investigation, at least before the search, was Sweetwood.

Sweetwood became a target after his truck was spotted repeatedly at Simply Hydroponics at 7949 Ulmerton Road in Largo, the court records say. Investigators then looked to see where a power bill might be in Sweetwood’s name, and they were told by Progress Energy Corp. that Sweetwood had an account for one of the warehouses behind the plaza, the affidavit says.

When Papamichael and another detective went to the warehouse complex, they found five air-conditioners mounted to an outside wall that were in operation the entire time the detectives were there, with a generated temperature of 44 degrees. They also smelled marijuana coming from the exhaust of four of the five air conditioning units, but the smell of marijuana was evident no where else outside, the affidavit says.

Detectives then found the four warehouse units that were emitting the smell of marijuana were not in Sweetwood’s name, but rather in the name of Jeffrey G. McCubbins, 46, of Hudson, the affidavit says. The one air conditioning unit that was in Sweetwood’s name was not emitting the smell of marijuana, the affidavit says.

The three warehouses for which detectives obtained their search warrant “” and which were using inordinate amounts of power “” had accounts for electricity in McCubbins’ name, the affidavit says, and McCubbins had previously been suspected of distributing marijuana. Still, detectives noted that Sweetwood had access to one of the three warehouses, and he is “involved in the cultivation of marijuana within said warehouses,” the affidavit says.

Efforts to reach Sweetwood and McCubbins were unsuccessful. Neither man has a listed telephone number.

Pubdate: Wed, 18 Mar 2009
Source: Tampa Tribune (FL)
Copyright: 2009 The Tribune Co.

yosun

i wish there were online stores to buy stuff that did'nt have the word "hydro" in their name,or "horticulture" i wanna know why homedepot and the like don't sell nutes at least,the homedepot near me has a huge pond/fountain area,they even sell square net pots for aquatic plants..but not the nutrients to grow em

E

EvasiveManeuver

Online - great deals sometimes and if you look around you can find free shipping. Also the added benefit of being able to choose any brand of nutrients you want to run. Used this to get some Canna nutes awhile back as no shop in my area sells them.

Local Hydroponics brick and mortar - nice to be able to actually see the products you buy. They have the added benefit of freebies as well. Last time I dropped by one I was lucky enough to snag a free pack of myco, just ask if they have any promo's behind the counter. If you're paranoid use cash and ride the bus, doubt a cop is going to follow your bus all day long, but the chances that any cops are staking out a grow shop are slim.

Nurseries - great if you're looking to go the organic route, they have tons of everything.

im sick of hearing fools talk about the fact that the po po cant park across the street from a hydro shop for the day because the government cant afford it, i guess they figure the 8 hour shift once in a while to raid someones house and get there home n property isnt worth the expennse, yeah right!! better go online or switch to products available at lowes, home depot or your local nursury or your just asking for it, legal states with legal growers probally dont have to worry as much.