What's new

Where can i get free music online?

jonezin

IE2, I've had a little experience converting iso but I'm unfamiliar with a torrent. Is this something that has to be converted to usable format? If you don't mind, point me toward a tutorial so I may learn something, lol. Thanks.

A torrent is just a file that tells whatever program you are using to download what it is that it is supposed to download. Once you have utorrent installed and you click on a torrent file it will automatically open utorrent (or whatever else you are using to download with, but utorrent is the best program I have ever used) and start downloading. The files you download will be in all kinds of formats. If they are movies they might be dvd ready files (like ifo/vob files) or they might be avi (which would need to be converted if you wanted to burn them to a regular dvd that will play in all players) or mpeg etc. They're usually compressed with WinRar. All you usually have to do after downloading is open one of the compressed files (like the first one shown) and it will unpack all of them and put it back together into one file.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

IE2, I've had a little experience converting iso but I'm unfamiliar with a torrent. Is this something that has to be converted to usable format? If you don't mind, point me toward a tutorial so I may learn something, lol. Thanks.

Tutorial, well that would be helpful heh? lol
I don't have one handy, but if you go to the utorrent site, and download it, it is just a program that handles "torrent" files as stated above.
Torrent files can be in all kinds of formats, and they are basically links, that when you click on them, they automatically open the utorrent program and begin to download.
As far as converting the file types after they download etc.... that is just trial and error. So far, I have had great luck w/ them, and have simply updated codecs for my windows media player, I don't burn movies to dvd or anything, I just watch them on my laptop.
Once you have the utorrent program, you can download "torrents" from anywhere really, like I said, I use the piratebay, but there are loads of different ones.
I did not do anything special, just downloaded and installed the utorrent program w/ it's default settings. After that, just went to the piratebay, searched for whatever, found the files that I wanted, read the comments, and then clicked the link to download the torrent. After that it opens the utorrent program, starts to download, then when it is done, you have it. I don't really know much more than that, there is some info on the utorrent site, a faq or something, but I did not read it, I am just winging it, it's all pretty easy, intuitive. I did have to find some different codecs and shit to allow some movies to play, but everything works like a charm for me. Hope that is clear as mud for you disco lol, sorry I couldn't really be of much help.:laughing:

*mr.mike*

I use a site called musicfond.com for a lot of music I download, as far as popular and classic stuff goes.

It's in russian, but it's pretty easy to figure out. there's a 10 second wait between clicking and downloading, and sometimes you have to try a few times for new or popular stuff. Don't click on the ads or other stuff, it's just all stupid. I never got any virus or trouble from it, in more than 4 years.