What's new

Where are you musically?

there goes edro

Veteran
I listen to a little of everything so my musical taste bounces all over the place. I keep my wife saying "WTF?!" but that's just who I am. I listen to music with my heart and not just my ears. ( Isn't that how it's suppposed to be done?) Right now it's Carly Simon's Coming Around Again, but it will switch soon. Big musik fan!!!

there goes edro

Veteran
Im rolling up something and listening to Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit followed by Ice Cube's Smoke Some Weed. Told y'all lm everywhere musically! Im sure soon ill have my whole musical library on this thread!

ydijadoit

Rainbow, Sabbath, Metallica, Dio, Waylon Jennings, Crystal Gayle, ABBA, Ice-T, Rush, Hank Jr., Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, Molly Hatchet, and some others...
I'm either eclectic, or stoned. Possibly, I dunno....

there goes edro

Veteran
Sometimes I need help getting motivated in the morning, so I either wake up to Hustle by Ace Hood or Jump by Van Halen. These two songs really get me moving! Good morning IC! (Morning here anyway)

there goes edro

Veteran
Phil Collins-Against All Odds, Fleetwood Mac- Gypsy, Drake- The Motion, Rick Ross- Stay Scheming, 2Pac-If I Die Tonight..... To Be Continued

Space Toker

Veteran
I can't listen to anyrap, classical/opera... very little anyway, and not much country or jazz or elevator music. In the 80's, I liked some corny sappy stuff and then some metal. The 90's/early 2000's were my favorite time with Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, NIN, Collective Soul, even some Smashing Pumpkins and Cranberries weren't bad (put like that it sounds like some weird Thanksgiving muffin). Never could stand all the girl and boy band pop crap. And today's whimpery whiney annoying music, FORGET ABOUT IT! :D
System of a Down is my all time favorite band. I like classic rock too.
Great thread!

there goes edro

Veteran
I can't listen to anyrap, classical/opera... very little anyway, and not much country or jazz or elevator music. In the 80's, I liked some corny sappy stuff and then some metal. The 90's/early 2000's were my favorite time with Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, NIN, Collective Soul, even some Smashing Pumpkins and Cranberries weren't bad (put like that it sounds like some weird Thanksgiving muffin). Never could stand all the girl and boy band pop crap. And today's whimpery whiney annoying music, FORGET ABOUT IT! :D
System of a Down is my all time favorite band. I like classic rock too.
Great thread!

While reading your post Red Hot Chilli Peppers came to mind.

surfguitar

My music taste has been pretty varied over the years, 80s punk when I was 15(black flag, circle jerks, dk's etc.) tupac, andre nickatina, mac dre etc. when I was around 18-early 20s and now back to the 80s punk stuff and newer garage/punk type bands. There is an awesome scene right now, so many good bands coming up. Off the top of my head I've really been digging FIDLAR, The Orwells(hard to believe these guys just graduated highschool), Wavves, The growlers, Tomorrows tulips, ty segall, FLAG(Keith morris's black flag band with a lot of the OG members) and tons of other local guys.

My love for classic rock like zeppelin, CCR, hendrix, nirvana, chilli peppers(these last two are semi classic haha) etc never changes ;)

surfguitar

Oh forgot to mention, this year has been like the best year ever for me in regards to music haha.

So far I've seen Dead kennedy's, Iggy Pop and every guy I just listed in the last post live this year. Been a pretty exciting year getting to see some of my childhood heroes :)

there goes edro

Veteran
Glad you enjoying your music SG! Life's just one big soundtrack! Listening to Shelia E's Glamorous Life. Damn, she's a talented drummer@! Enjoy your evenings IC! Smoke something and enjoy some tunes!!