What's new

Where are there jobs in the growing industry??

f1auto

I am 24, I have experience of growing weed, I can grow it in soil competently, and in hempy buckets in verlite and vermiculite

I love weed and enjoy growing it also, but I just like the lifestyle side of being involved in a grow op more than anything, the most satisfaction other than sex for me is growing and smoking weed.

Where can you get a job in europe that is to do with growing? do you need qualifications? where are such jobs.

are there any?

ddrew

Veteran
Right in your own bedroom my friend.
The f1auto grow show.
Owned and operated by, f1auto

R

rick shaw

There is a program that matches people with organic farms in Europe. A couple of friends were traveling overseas and ran out of money fast,instead of coming straight back they hooked up and worked and traveled Europe for three and a half years. She is now working at Rainbow Farms in Bolinas. They both said it was the best experience of their lives. Basically room and board,some of the farmers gave them extra produce to sell on their own to make a few sheckles.
http://www.transitionsabroad.com/

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Awesome, I was looking at teaching in English in Japan or Korea.

I don't of any jobs you can get where you can grow and smoke weed other than being a grower yourself ?

If you find one, sign me up ! haha

:wave:

R

rick shaw

To teach you need at least a B.A. in English. I saw organic farm workers needed on the Big Island of Hawaii on a site I was surfing.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
To teach you need at least a B.A. in English. I saw organic farm workers needed on the Big Island of Hawaii on a site I was surfing.

Got mine already, also a TOEFL certificate costs like 1500 dollars and will help greatly in attaining a job overseas. I'd work on a farm in Hawaii, as long as I had a place to sleep and food to eat ill do whatever cuz ill be livin' in paradise mon :)

make your own job!

Everyone in the news says this, but how the hell do I make my own job when I have no money to do it, debt coming out of my ears, and face the toughest market in decades ?

I don't know, I agree, but it seems much easier than it is.

Can always grow money on trees in the basement !! :)

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran

No, you don't. When my sister taught english overseas she just took a couple weeks long course first. Got a job straight away at a decent place (be wary of the contract you sign, not all are good) and so has her b/f...no BA's...

I

Iron_Lion

Everyone in the news says this, but how the hell do I make my own job when I have no money to do it, debt coming out of my ears, and face the toughest market in decades ?

Buy a light, soil, and some seeds and then you've got a job.

E

el dub

I started with soil, a 250 watt MH and a few clones from a friend in Colorado many years ago.

Once the clones/seedlings get old enough to flower, buy a 400 or 600 watt HPS to finish plants and use the 250 for the new clones you take before flowering the first set of gals.

lw

zenoonez

Veteran
Got mine already, also a TOEFL certificate costs like 1500 dollars and will help greatly in attaining a job overseas.

Dont do the TOEFL, CELTA is much better and you get paid much more for it. I will be heading to Korea later this year :) Good luck.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Buy a light, soil, and some seeds and then you've got a job.

Word, did this once when I was 15, grew plants in the basement ceiling !

I started with soil, a 250 watt MH and a few clones from a friend in Colorado many years ago.

Once the clones/seedlings get old enough to flower, buy a 400 or 600 watt HPS to finish plants and use the 250 for the new clones you take before flowering the first set of gals.

lw

That's how I got started, invested the $ from each harvest into the next grow.

Dont do the TOEFL, CELTA is much better and you get paid much more for it. I will be heading to Korea later this year :) Good luck.

Awesome dude ! Any advice ? Do you just get the CELTA and apply ? How competitive is it ????

Seems like a good deal, you get paid 2-3k per month plus living expenses ? Let us know

:jump:

zenoonez

Veteran
CELTA is expensive, it is a 4 week 8hr a day course but it allows you to make about 18-20% more in salary. It also allows you to pick the job you want rather than taking whatever job you are offered. I will be attending a May or June session and aim to be in Korea by August. Most people teaching ESL abroad aren't certified teachers nor do they have CELTA or an equivalent so you have a leg up on most other teachers. It won't let you get rich but you will be able to save some cash and have a great time doing it.

Edit: But this is off topic so if you want to keep talking about it lets take it to pms. Sorry OP!

Blueshark

f1auto, I started to grow for extra money. Both my wife and I have both been at our jobs for over 10 yrs each, yet have still lost 30% of our income due to the recession. The extra money has caught us up and I'll be getting more equipment when grow #2 is sold. It takes time to get it going but its worth the wait. Soon you will be putting money in your pocket. Nothing is handed to you, go out and TAKE it!!!

f1auto

get at the end of the line. and its a long line

so realistically there are no cannabis growing jobs,

PS the teflon language course is a joke, you can pay over 1 thouand dollars for the course, or $50 for a fake one in bankok

so I was told (when in chang mai)

R

rick shaw

In your OP you mentioned that you were young and had a desire to go to Europe and be a professional organic farmer. IMO the jobs in dispensaries and 215 grow ops its who you know not what you know. That said,it is still possible to learn to be an organic farmer. You can go to an agricultural college and rack up 80k in debt or take an adventurous European/Polynesian organic farming apprenticeship.

It seems like you have an inaccurate perception of what the cannabis industry is today in the United States. Here is what it isn't: some psuedo-hippy sub-culture with dreadlocks aplenty and interesting conversations about philosophy and sustainable gardening whilst stoned. Nor is it an industry requiring lots of reliable "green thumbs" for assistance. Have you seen some of the commercial grows here and elsewhere? A few are brilliant. Most are the embodiment of inefficiency, seemingly put together by a person teetering on the cusp of mental retardation.

The top-tier money makers of this industry might as well be the banking industry, insofar as skills and knowledge required; it's mostly gangsters and wealthy-ish dudes who had some money to invest in a grow op/legal fees trying to make a quick buck before it becomes legalized and the gravy train slows down (or maybe even ends).

And of course, for the 10 dollar an hour bud tender stuff, that goes to family, friends, and sexy young girls with bad fathers and no gag reflex.:tiphat:

It's just another job in capitalism bro. The best lifestyle for a non-connected, non-wealthy young guy is gardening in your apartment, then house, and working your way up the grow ladder.

Or a 9-5 in something else.

Best of luck.