What's new

Where are the Scoresheets?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
ok, so we ban any seed co. that is owned by a coffeeshop, i think not, any seed co. that enters is entitled to exploit the fact that they won a cup regardless of whether they are owned or not owned by a coffeeshop. any breeder could hold back 30gr of his best to enter. maybe a growers only cup is the solution or no cup at all, just a meet and smoke 420 party and no competition.

you might have misunderstood me, i'm not for banning anyone, seed company category and separate growers category is fine. was just saying why it's ok for the Dampkring and GH to enter, not that they shouldn't. :)

the only thing that i think shouldn't be allowed, as i was saying above, is for a coffee shop to enter something, that they bought for selling in the shop.

mr.haze420

Veteran
you might have misunderstood me, i'm not for banning anyone, seed company category and separate growers category is fine. was just saying why it's ok for the Dampkring and GH to enter, not that they shouldn't. :)

the only thing that i think shouldn't be allowed, as i was saying above, is for a coffee shop to enter something, that they bought for selling in the shop.

those coffeeshops did not enter, the seed company's entered, the fact that they are owned by coffeeshops does not matter. where the actual weed came from is another story lol

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i'm not saying anything about about where any weed came from.

it was talked about above in this thread how the entry form stated no coffee shops allowed. that's why i was explaining that those two didnt enter as a coffee shop, but as a seed company.

the danger in allowing a pure coffee shop to enter, is that they enter a bought sample from an elite clone, rather then something they bred and grew. but i know that Green House Seeds and Dampkring entered with their seed company bred strains that they grew out. so that's totally ok in my book.

mr.haze420

Veteran
there were no pure coffeeshop entry's, so what are you saying when you post
" was just saying why it's ok for the Dampkring and GH to enter, not that they shouldn't and then you say "i guess a coffee shop that has a seed co too, can enter the breeders cat as a seed co. but what can't be done is a coffee shop saving 30 gs of the best cannabis they score in a year and trying to win our cup with it for advertising. well any breeder can save 30 gr of the best crop of the year and enter that, the fact that a seed co saves their best to enter also does not matter and the whole point of this category is the exploitation of a win, place or show to sell seeds.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well for me the difference is that the coffee shop has not grown the cannabis or bred it, while a seed company does grow it and breed it. i think it would be morally wrong to enter a strain that you buy on the open market for sale in a coffee shop. (score means to buy)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so as long as the seed company has grown the strain and is the maker of the strain it's great for them to enter, the more entries the better imo

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i noticed a morocan hash in the hash samples(i was a judge)

i see it was greenhouse
so did greenhouse go to moroco and make this hash sample or did they buy it of someone in town

i was very shocked to see a morocan hash in the hash entries

im sure this is not allowed
?
i must say this was the strangest and most unprofesional cup ive atended

lets hope next year is alot beter

peace

mr.haze420

Veteran
i agree, but again the seed co entrants are not coffeshops although they are owned by them. and i say again, does anyone really know where their actual weed comes from? most shops contract out for there goods as well as the seed cos. for thier seeds. do you really think the owners of the coffeeshops/seed cos do their own growing? i think not. these guys are business men and have staff to do all the grunt work. if you want to really get to the point, no seed cos enter only growers. i do not think gypsy will like it as he benefits from whoever wins the breeder category as much as the breeder. no breeders, no new strains, no income for gn and the site.

mr.haze420

Veteran
i noticed a morocan hash in the hash samples(i was a judge)

i see it was greenhouse
so did greenhouse go to moroco and make this hash sample or did they buy it of someone in town

i was very shocked to see a morocan hash in the hash entries

im sure this is not allowed
?
i must say this was the strangest and most unprofesional cup ive atended

lets hope next year is alot beter

peace

i also thought that entry was a morocaan and it turned out to be so. not sure if the hash cup is for homemade or import hash, i do not think there is a rule against it. but there is a rule for breeders entering a very available cutting, ssh/amnesia which one of the breeders did last year and won. as far a the organisation, well same as ever, samples sent in at the last minute, some did make it, some did not, getting the judges packs with only 24hrs to get it all tasted and no printed schedule of times and meeting places, remember these are stoners and need guidance. lets hope that it better planned next year and no volcanic ash to jam people up getting here.

H

Hazyfontazy

i, remember these are stoners and need guidance. lets hope that it better planned next year and no volcanic ash to jam people up getting here.

maybe a good idea if someone organised a 420 2011 planning committee ,grab ideas off the members of what they want at the 420 ,start preparing sooner rather than later and make 2011 the best ever 420 :dance013:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
entering an elite clone only strain shouldn't be allowed in the breeder category.

if they select the best female from seeds they make then clone it, that's ok for breeder cat.

yeah interesting point about the bigger seed co's owners maybre not growing it out them selves, but still they are organizing the grow and giving instructions to the growers on what they want.

i did think one of those hash samples looked a bit Maroccan, would be strange to think it was made by employees of GH in Morocco? hm?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
a planning committee sounds like a good idea, we could draw up suggestions for an itinerary and specially allowing a good 72 hours to test the product. 24 hours is a joke to test 36 samples. this can't possibly be objective. it's hard enough sampling with only 1 gram but to have to chain smoke samples for judging is pointless as the effects will be so mixed up you will have no idea what comes from what. would be better to give folks even longer to really test. i've said before normally speaking i need to smoke stuff for at least 1 full or 2 days to really know it's full worth.

it's not that we need tons of expensive venues or bands, we just need a place to hang out and some ideas for outings, like bike tour or visiting Nol in Harlem. i'm sure there are also other places that would be happy to have us there spending money on drinks etc. that was so nice about having seed boutique in the old days, we always started our days there with a smokeout.